I recently stayed at this resort with another family (8 of us total - 4 adults, 4 kids) for 2 weeks and was very impressed overall. Gloria in the kids club was awesome with all of the kids. We couldn't have asked for a more inviting and friendly person. Alejandro in the pool area is an absolute work horse. This guy speed walks the entire day making sure everyone he is attending to is taken care of in a timely manner. His friendliness and attentiveness was awesome. I made him promise to stay at this resort so we could see him again next year. Hazael (spelling?), our butler was great as well. We didn't run into any major issues, but he was always around checking on us to make sure things were good.
The rooms were awesome - we stayed in the 1 bedroom suites - 4th floor
The resort overall is very small and peaceful - this was great for us
Jose, the events coordinator was extremely friendly and worked hard at making everyone aware of the daily activities.
A few minors issues we had were 1. The kitchen service at dinner in the outdoor restaurant. The wait staff wasn't the issue. It was the kitchen staff preparing the food. I know there was 8 of us and it is difficult to serve all at the same time, but we had to wait 20-30 minutes sometimes between people getting their food. The indoor restuarant (Luciano's) was perfect - no issues ever. 2. The beach was small. Not a major issue for us but if you are the type that likes to spend a lot of time on the beach, this resort will not make you happy. 3. The fitness centre is lacking. Again, if you like to get in a good workout with variety, this resort will not make you happy. There is a set of free weights from 10-50 lbs and a bench and 6 cardio machines - 2 treads, 1 elipt, 1 stepper and 2 stationary bikes
Overall, I would recommend this resort and would stay here again myself. We have been to PV for 6 years in a row now and we know for sure that we will be back next year again. The staff at the resorts and the people of this city are extremely friendly, helpful and we always feel safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta