We just got back from a week at the Sunset Plaza. I was impressed with many aspects of it:
- huge, modern one-bedroom suites, kept very clean
- despite the fact the resort was at capacity, the pool and poolside areas never felt "busy"
- different pools for different people (an adult only one, a family one and a couple geared at little ones)
- the "chilled out" atmosphere; despite it being a family hotel, it wasn't the type of place with screaming children or non-stop organized pool activities accompanied by obnoxious music
- great kids club with swings, climbing apparatus
- helpful, professional staff
The food was okay, but I've had much better food at other AI's that aren't as nice as this place. I think this is an area they could improve on. It can also take a long time to get served if you eat after 8 pm. We have a 2 year old and waiting for over an hour for your food is not an easy thing to do with a young one. If you ate earlier, this wasn't a problem as the kitchen wasn't as busy.
I notice that some of the people who have criticisms of this hotel point out the lack of night life and daytime activities at this resort. This is very true. And this is why we loved it. Instead of thumping music over loud speakers, there was calm jazz or chill out music, and the night activity we experienced was an el fresco supper with cultural dancers. It was great. But this is not the place for wild parties or karaoke singing into the wee hours. It's a great place for singles, couples and families who want to chill out at a classy place.
We met lots of great people (fellow travelers and staff) and hope to be back. I don't generally go back to the same places - it is fun to try new experiences - but I feel this place really has got it right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa