This was our first time at Mexican All Inclusive resort. The Sunset Plaza was a wonderful first experience and we would highly recomend that hotel. The accomodation was very comfortable, very modern and clean. The staff is usually very attentive (although they can be busy during rush meal hours). This seems to be a smaller resort in comparison to others and we much enjoyed the feeling of not having over-crowded pools, restaurant and beach area. We found the food to be delicious with just the right size servings; we especially loved having the poolside/swim up bar lunches.
There were activities daily, from stretching/yoga first thing in the morning, to volleyball, cooking classes and blackjack. There is also a very nice gym in the middle of the resort. We tried the massage at the Spa (as a couple) and we both agreed that this was one of the best we had. We would highly recommend it the ZenSet massage, which comes with a facial. The deli restaurant is a little hidden spot, but we really enjoyed their sandwiches and desserts, too bad they don't seem to get the same patronage as the other restaurants.
We loved the location of the hotel which is about a 45 minutes walk to the Malecon and downtown (or a US$0.50 bus ride...). Every room seems to have an ocean view with a balcony, giving the chance to enjoy beautiful sunsets.
I have just read another reviewer's comment regarding the air conditioner units on the North side of the building. We were on the 6th floor and didn't find the noise overwhelming, although it is noticeable. So I would echo his comment that you should keep that in mind.
As a parting note, I would highly recommend trying a Spanish or Mexican (with Tequila) cafe at Luciano. It is extremelly tasty and the "flambee" show is really worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta