The hotel/resort has ALL ocean facing rooms - we had the luxury of a 2BR unit; one room had a King-sized bed and the other BR had 2 beds (queen or double) and a pullout sofa in the living room. Square footage of the suite was beyond expectations with the balcony off the living room and King-sized BR, spectacular with room for two lounge chairs and a dining table with 4 chairs. The full kitchen was well stocked and THREE bathrooms - making a group of 4 or more guests eternally happy. The master BR has a separate shower and toilet and a soaker jacuzzi tub with opening bi-folds which look out into the bedroom. Bathroom amenities were from Crabtree & Evelyn, hair-dryer, ironing board and electronic safe - all part of the suite. A complimentary assortment of pillows can be selected for your bedrooms and scents for aromatherapy can also be requested from your turndown staff.
Rooms and resort areas were well maintained (I believe this resort is just over a year old?) and the pool area expansive with a smaller separate pool for adults only. Three hot-tubs above the pool area are easily accessible (by staircases).
All staff from check-in to check-out were friendly, responsive and helpful, ranging from porters, concierges, waiters, front desk and cleaning personnel. We decided to do one day of all-inclusive - food at the open air bistro and at Luciano's (open for Italian dinners only on selected nights) were mixed - some dishes better than others; our preference was to take the local bus (6.5 pesos) down to some wonderful restaurants in the old town.
The only drawback to our entire stay was loud music from the neigbouring Plaza Pelicanos club section interrrupting the tranquil setting over the weekends. Guests seemed to be able to go on with enjoying their time despite the dance beats filling the air.
In summary, I would not hesitate to recommend this resort and be lucky to get at least a 1 BR suite in a hight floor - you will have no regrets!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta