“Gray Line was great!”

$59.00*
Sayulita Beach Day Trip from Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #144 of 205 Tours in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: Gray Line Puerto Vallarta offers you the best selection of sightseeing tours, Adventure packages, transportation services and much more! We are truly your local experts!
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Gray Line was wonderful--they set up our tours for us ahead of time, making sure we were happy with our selections. Once in Puerto Vallarta, we decided to make a change,and Gray Line was exceptionally accommodating and pleasant to work with. Gray Line followed up with detailed phone calls to insure our experience was great--WHICH IT WAS! Ana was terrific, but so was Pedro--so nice and so anxious to make us happy and our experience enjoyable. We recommend their services highly!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Anna is very friendly and helpful. She made our experience in Puerto Vallarta very memorable. The Grayline staff at airport were very professional and prompt. It was very nice to know that we did not need to worry that we were in a foreign country and whether or not we would make it to our resort safely. Thank you Anna and Grayline staff for a wonderful experience. Gracias!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Using Gray Line to get from the airport to the hotel and back was a breeze! It was well worth every penny, it was very organized, on time and they wisked us away and on to the hotel immediately via a private car. Karen met us at the hotel and helped us book excursions (the ATV one was awesome!!!!!). She was extremely friendly and very knowledgable and gave great suggestions. Thanks for everything!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We received a FREE city tour with the purchase of our Zip Lining Tour through Gray Line. I figured this was just an incentive to make up for the price you spend on the Zip tour. I want to first say that the zip lining tour was fabulous!!! How can I complain about something that was free, you might be wondering... but the "free" city tour is more like a scam to get customers to spend plenty of money in Puerto Vallarta! There were a few good things about the tour, but I will deliver the bad news first, then the good news.They take you to an expensive jewelry store and drop you off for like 20 minutes. In the store, there are no prices on anything. When I asked the guy about little bracelets for my 4 nieces, the oldest being 8 years old, he took me to a table and said those were good for a small child. When I asked about the price of a bracelet on the table, he weighed it and said "$53"... When I told him I wasn't looking to pay near that for jewelry for little kids, he said "well come over here, but these aren't real" and pointed to a basket with bracelets that said $5 and $8 and had a look of disgust on his face. I didn't plan to buy my nieces a "real" bracelet. Maybe some people can afford to spend over $200 for 4 kids' bracelets, but I cannot. We walked outside the shop and looked around, thinking there might be some good shops nearby, but there weren't any. We did discover a little homemade ice cream shop next door. The ice cream was great and the price wasn't too bad. Another stop on the trip was the Tequila Factory. While it was neat and interesting, there were A LOT of bees since it was an outside factory. If you are allergic to bees, ask if you can sit in the tour van. The tequila they had for sell at the factory was reasonably priced and they explain to Americans how much they can take back with them, which is a nice touch. Another bad thing about the tour was the price of the restaurant. The food was good, but the prices were ridiculous. The cheapest things on the menu were the chicken breast and the chicken kabob meals, both came with rice and some veggies or something. Both of those meals were 130 pesos each (about $11.75). I got one of those and my 6 year old son got another (there was no kids' menu). Then my husband got the steak kabob meal which was 150 pesos (about $13.50). Our meal ended up being 530 pesos (about $48) plus a tip. We were staying at an all inclusive hotel, so all of our meals were free at the hotel. My suggestion to visitors that are staying at an all-inclusive hotel is that you should get a plate to share just to hold you over til you get back to the hotel. Okay, I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy, so here is the perks of this tour. There were some beautiful things to see! The tour takes you to a cathedral that is beautiful and there are some great shops within walking distance. You may want to request more time at the cathedral stop if the driver will let you so you can visit more of these shops. There are also great views of the ocean. You also get to see how the richest people in Puerto Vallarta live and the "not so rich" people live. You will also get to visit a little market that is right next to the ocean. The prices are good and you can "bargain" with them. When it comes right down to it, the good thing about it was we got to see a lot of the city that we wouldn't have seen. The bad thing was the cost of the places they take you.

The main reason for my review is to not stop people from taking this tour, but to let people know what kind of money they will need to bring. It is a good deal for free, but this tour can be bought for $35/person without buying another tour and I sure would hate for someone to pay $35 a person and then have to spend that much money.

3  Thank breannj1988
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Never ever ever use Grayline - bunch of ripoffs with zero customer service. A cab ride from the airport costs 150 pesos (Less than $15USD) for a family of 4. They charged us $35 per adult and $25 per kid for a 2 way ride. We booked a city tour today and were asked to be in the lobby at 9:15 am (suggested being there 15 mins earlier). Our fabulous room service was late and we rushed down at 9:10 to find out that they have left without us, without even trying to contact us at the room. We have been trying to call them and they don't pick up at any number (all numbers dial to the same local extension). Bunch of crooks. Please NEVER use them.

4  Thank Chum V
KaremCabo, Guest Relations Manager at Gray Line Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments.
When you reserve your roundtrip transportation ahead of time, we guarantee that upon arrival at the airport you will have a Gray Line
Representative waiting for you outside the Airport, who will direct you to your vehicle and send you to your Hotel without any hassle. Also during your stay our Gray Line Representative will be in touch with you to offer our services an assist you with useful information of the destination.
Our office is open everyday from very early in the morning until late in the afternoon.
For respect to other passengers we always request to all our guest to be on time for their tours or for their return pick ups to the Airport, this is in order to provide
A better service to all our clients.
Rest assure that we always try our best to please all our clients, and we are sorry for any inconvenience you have faced.

Best Regards,