Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Review Highlights
Kristen

We had an amazing time booking with Charly’s sport fishing tour! Charly was super easy to... read more

Reviewed May 9, 2019
kristenlem16
Fishing and snorkeling

Thanks again Charly for a great day of fishing and snorkeling in Puerto vallarta. This was our... read more

Reviewed March 5, 2019

from $52.20
from $119.00
from $71.00
More Info
All reviews tuna jack crevalle small bonita caught fish hour trip deck hand captain and crew great trip spanish mackerel worked so hard red snapper los arcos great company sea turtles nachos whale watching vallarta adventures
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

Arranged a 4 hour fishing trip with Omar. He arranged the details with Captain Jaime. Omar was efficient and professional. Jaime was great. I would definitely use Charley’s again.

Date of experience: May 2018
Omar S, Vacation Concierge / Sales at Charly's Sport fishing & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Thank you Mr. Blair, we really appreciate your kind words. We really enjoyed assisting you with your family planned trip In Puerto Vallarta and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Omar S.

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Very professional company. We booked last minute. Took a 6 hour trip and a 10 hour trip. All were successful.Jack fish in the Bay And lots Whales on the 6 hour trip. And we had very good success with billfish on our 10 hours trips. We caught sailfish and Marlins on both. We will be back!

Date of experience: March 2018
CharlyAvila, General Manager at Charly's Sport fishing & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

We'd really appreciate your nice comment. Glad you had a great time in both trips.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

We used Charly’s services for 2 different activities - 4 guys went for a 6 hour fishing trip, and then all 11 of us spent the day on the 40’Hunter sailboat. By the time we got to Puerto Vallarta, I felt like Charly was an old friend. He had been e-mailing so regularly and keeping my updated on all the possibilities for our day. We were staying near the marina for a day or 2, so we dropped in to meet him. He spent almost an hour telling us about places to do things and shop for our family villa. When the guys decided to go out fishing, he recommended the less expensive boat option, and suggested that 6 hours would be plenty. They caught 8 small fish, but the really big one got away. Not something that the company or the crew can control, but it gave us enough fish for dinner.
For our family boat outing, Charly was there to meet us again at the pier and send us off with our excellent captain Paolo, and mate, Jaime. We snorkelled, motored and sailed, all the while being very well taken care of. Because we used to have a boat like this, Paolo let my husband take the helm most of the way back. Lunch was organized at a lovely cafe at Las Animas.
All in all, a very memorable and enjoyable day. Thanks again Charly!!

Date of experience: April 2018
CharlyAvila, General Manager at Charly's Sport fishing & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2018

Hi Happy_exchanger,

Thank you so much for your nice Review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your beautiful family and also to set up your charters.
It was always nice talking to you since the first time we start our e-mails. The feeling is mutual.

I am so happy everyone had a great time in both trips. I am sure the crew loved taking care of all you and had a great time also...I hope you like our city and its people.
Remember you have a friend here in beautiful Puerto Vallarta.

I am looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Keep in touch!

Muchas gracias por su amistad preferencia :)

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

I have used Charly for 2 fishing trips now and can’t say enough good things about our experiences. The most current trip was on a 28 ft superpanga with Pancho and Juan. They know how to make fishing fun! We caught some good fish and on the way back, we saw whales and a marlin. They didn’t think twice about letting us try to catch it! It was so neat to see one! We also did a Rhythms of the night excursion which I can not imagine a more perfect night. Charly helped us get the tickets. It was an epic girls trip!

Thanks again mi amigo!!

Date of experience: April 2018
CharlyAvila, General Manager at Charly's Sport fishing & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Hi kari,

Thank you so much for nice review! and the awesome pictures!

It was so great to see you again and to meet your friends.
I am so glad you liked Captain Pancho and Juan they sure love their job...By the way they say hi.. My family and I just went out went out with them last sunday to Los Arcos and Colomitos for esnorkel time and Las Animas for lunch. While we were snorkeling Juan was fishing :) I posted few pictures of my trip. Together we will Plan more fun tours next time.

I am looking forward to seeing you and your friends again soon.

You have a friend por siempre!

Charly Avila

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

After reading good reviews by TA, Booked a 6 hour trip for the ocean for family of four, with possibility of adding another 2 hours if we wanted. Included ceviche for the trip. The night before we were told to have pesos so it was a scramble to make it happen. Captain and deckhand were nice but vague about the plan. We started catching very small Bonita, mackerel and jacks. Very small, biggest about 14 inches. For about 1 1/2 hours. When we made the turn from punta de mita we were told it was too late to go out further and would need another 3 hours and we should have started at 5 am not 8 am. Even though we still had about 4 hours left on trip. That wasn’t going to work for the family. Never would have taken 6 hour tour around the bay, would have only taken 4 hours. The next four hours we only caught another small Bonita and an eel. The lone highlight was seeing a family of whales. We should have stayed and watched them longer. When I went to the office to discuss the sales reps simply blamed it on the new captain and deckhand they were using. Wouldn’t give any discount even though they did not deliver on their contract. Not the crews fault. Bad communication by Charlys team to them. No extra time, no ocean fishing,and no ceviche. Very disappointed by the experience. Won’t be going back to Charly’s. Two stars only because we saw the whales.

1  Thank detroit1969
CharlyAvila, General Manager at Charly's Sport fishing & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Hi Detroit1969,

My sincere apologies on this delicate matter.

All the fishing trips done in this area go by hours and the time sets the distance. On a (6) hrs trip, the furthest you can go is 15 miles, but if you went all the way to Punta de Mita, which is about 20 miles out where sail fish and stripped marlin where feeding, then the Captain went out of his way and pushed himself to do his best for you as matter of catching the big game. To get there it takes 1.5 to 2 hrs and the same amount of time to head back to Marina Vallarta. Sometimes the Captains go into a situation where the boat owners get mad at them because they go extra miles on the expense of diesel, but still do it because they also know they have to go further to catch some edible or big fish.
I talked to the Captain and he understood you'd like to go La Corbeteña after turning from Punta de Mita for sure he couldn't do it in only in 2 hrs because just to get there takes another 1 hr plus fishing time and time back to the Port will definetely need the 3 hrs plus he was going to give you a free hour on his behalf. Normally trips to La Corbeteña are 10 hrs.
Fish come and go, last week we were having lots of fun with stripped marlin and sail fish (catch and release) also bonitas, jacks, spanish mackerel, and pampanos.

Our Rep never told the crew about the ceviche and we are very sorry this never should happen.
If you ever come back to Puerto Vallarta please stop by to see me I'd personally take care of you and your beautiful family. I'd love to get a chance to make it up to you.

Charly Avila