“Fishing with Charly's Best deal ever!”

Charly's Sailing and Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: At Charly's sailing and sport fishing, you will find everything that you need to make your vacation unforgettable with the best tours and activities in the bay! We try every single tour before adding it to our list, so we know if it is safe, fun and worthy for our customers and friends!! Personalized customer service in our office located at Marina Vallarta. No time-share, no cheats. Just fun and good deals!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Foristell, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fishing with Charly's Best deal ever!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I found Charly's here on trip advisor and contacted them before our trip in May. I emailed several times with Jonathan Peinado and got some preliminary pricing on fishing tours for my family of 6. I did not finalize the booking until we got to Mexico but after hearing the deals our hotel offered and the deals our Fun Jet rep offered, I immediately called Jonathan and booked his tour. It was a MUCH! better price than anything else we were offered. We took a cab to the lighthouse in the marina in Puerto Vallarta to meet Jonathan at his shop. He even walked down to meet us at the cab so we could easily find his shop. He was not open for business but was willing to meet us on a Sunday afternoon to make sure the tour was booked. If you are doing other tours in the area, check with Charly's first. Your hotel will be working with one company in particular and the rep from your trip most likely will too. Although we had already booked a few things for the family to do through the funjet guy at our hotel, I regretted not talking to Jonathan first. he had information on a variety of tours that would have been a better fit fro may family than what we were offered. I strongly recommend talking to Charly's first before making your bookings.
The boat Jonathan found us was beautiful. There was plenty of room for the six of us. The captain was very nice and the mate was very hardworking and knowledgeable about the fish in the area and how to catch them. We were at sea for 8 hours and everyone one of us caught at least one large fish and lots of little ones. The boys in a party had a blast. I will say that if you are not a big fisher person, 8 hours at sea s a long time. I think around 4 would have been fine for me and the girls but the larger fish are further out at sea and you need the longer tour to get our to where the fish are. I would highly recommend this tour company for all your travel need while in Puerto Vallarta. Thanks Jonathan for giving my family a very memorable day.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Sdunakey

Brentwood, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A joy!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been going to Charly's in PV for years now, never been disappointed! This past April was no exception. We took both a group tour to yalapa and a private tour with Jonathan to San Blas and other points of interest. Super fun, easy and very informative. We saw parts of Mexico we would never have seen without Jonathan. He is great...honest, friendly and more than willing to help out in any way possible. Thanks for a great experience, Jonathan! See you next year!!!

2 Thank Kelly W
Port Charlotte, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“5-Star Fishing”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

What can I say - Our fishing trip with Charly's was more than excellent. I worked with Jonathan at Charly's, and what a wonderful guy. Everything he promised came true and then some. We were staying in Neuvo Vallarta, so Jonathan made arrangements to pick us up at Paradise Village Marina instead of Puerto Vallarta Marina. He even went out of his way to come to our resort so that we could pay him for the trips, rather than us having to go to Puerto Vallarta Marina by taxi. He arranged two fishing trips for us with Captain Hector. Captain Hector is very experienced and the fishing was superb and yes, ladies, there is a bathroom on the boat. Over the two days, we caught many Jack Crevalle, a huge Wahoo, two Mahi Mahi, one of which was over 4 feet long, & red snapper. The action was constant the entire day. We saw many dolphins, literally thousands of all kinds of birds, and at least a hundred Manta Rays. Captain Hector was great and spoke very good english. Jonathan also booked us a trip with Vallarta Adventures - the Las Caletas Beach Hideaway. Great trip - for more information on this trip, see my review for Vallarta Adventures. The only reason I mention Vallarta Adventures is that you can book everything with Charly's (Jonathan). Hats off to Charley's Sailing & Sportsfishing (website is cssfishing.com). Thanks again, Jonathan and Hector.

1 Thank Mary227
Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Professional Operation”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I read reviews of fishing charters and decided to give Charly's a try. Met with Juan Carlos day before trip and was able to book charter for the next day. Juan Carlos is a really straight forward guy, which is quite refreshing when there are so many people trying to BS you constantly. I probably had 10 people harass me to go fishing with them just walking along the marina to get to Charly's shop. Either way, Juan Carlos set up a boat for me and a few friends for the next day. We arrived a little late, and he actually gave us an extra hour on the end of the day even though it was our fault. Danny our capain was good. The fishing was so-so, but with only an 8 hour trip I did not expect too much. The best fishing is off-shore but we had a few in our party that wanted to keep it shorter. I cannot blame the fishing on the captain or mate. It was a matter of finding the fish. I honestly would have been disappointed had we not found some schools of Jack Crevalle at the end of the day. We were able to get a couple of those and that changed everyone's spirits. Credit goes to Danny and mate for not giving up even though most of us were probably ready to throw in the towel. Boat was a 32' Hatteras, older but very clean. Rods and reels were heavier duty than what was needed. Actually wish we had some lighter tackle for the bonito's & Spanish Mackeral. All in all it was a great day and I will definitely use Charly's services again on any return trips.

Spokane, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Rhythms of the Night and Canopy Tour Zip Line”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Jonathan was referred to my girlfriend and me for our Spring Break trip by the man we rented our condo from in Puerto Vallarta. I had contact with Jonathan by phone and email before we left for PV. He picked us up at the airport despite several delays and our being bumped to the next day's arrival. Jonathan sent us a picture of himself and told us what he would be wearing so we would be able to identify him. Due to our delays and our inability to speak fluent Spanish, I was not able to contact the owner of the condo or the property manager. He took us to our condo and was able to contact the owner and communicate with the concierge and property manager to get access to the condo so we could get in. After a 6 hour flight that turned into a 26 hour nightmare, you can imagine what a blessing he was! We went to see Jonathan the next day and booked Rhythms of the Night and the Zipline tours. Jonathan was right on about those two being the best bang for our buck and well suited for us. Rhythms of the Night starts out with a nice long boat ride to the most exquisite, exotic outdoor location I have ever been to in my travels. Open bar where the drinks flowed freely and entertainment by a most courteous, professional and entertaining staff made the trip a blast. A culinary buffet feast was served with all of the wine we could drink by candlelight amongst private tabletops perched in the treetops. After dessert of Tiramisu, a choice of other fabulous desserts, Mexican Coffee and Kahlua, we were escorted to a show of talented native dancers, singers, and musicians in an outdoor amphitheater under a beautiful starlit sky. The ride back on the boat was filled with music you will remember, more tequila drinks and unforgettable entertainment by the staff. Something you can't miss! Our other activity was the Zipline. We took the Canopy Tour with 12 lines. We weren't sure we wanted to do it, but Jonathan convinced us it would be great fun. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before. To fly above treetops and see the river below was an incredible sight. There is a scenic bus ride to the site, a Mexican restaurant with huge banana, mango, and lime margueritas and a tequila tour when you are done. The guides are young and enthusiastic and obviously enjoy their work. They had our safety as a priority at all times. The day we were ready to leave, we had to be out of the condo 4 hours before our plane left. Jonathan came to the condo to pick us up, and took us to the Marina where his shop is and let us keep our luggage at his store while we shopped until it was time to go to the airport. Jonathan was there for us every step of the way. We had his three telephone numbers and email. He was our anchor and we felt a connection before we arrived in PV even though we had never been there before. Jonathan was one of those people we felt we had know forever. He was easy to work with. We plan to return to PV again and we will contact Jonathan to take care of our connections when we arrive in PV. I would highly recommend you contact Jonathan at Charley's Sailing and Sport Fishing when you arrive in PV for al of you activities.

4 Thank SharonWessman