“Amazing experience”

Charly's Sailing and Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: At Charly's sailing and sport fishing, you will find everything that you need to make your vacation unforgettable with the best tours and activities in the bay! We try every single tour before adding it to our list, so we know if it is safe, fun and worthy for our customers and friends!! Personalized customer service in our office located at Marina Vallarta. No time-share, no cheats. Just fun and good deals!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Francisco, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Charly was amazing. Definitely recommend enlisting Charly and his crew! We had an amazing trip jumping into the ocean and watching whales while enjoying the beautiful day in PV.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was our first trip to Mexico and Charly's Sailing and Sport Fishing was our first choice in helping us plan our excursions. Since we wanted the best trip we could get, we booked all of our excursions through Juan Carlos at Charly's. He was very courteous and answered all of our questions. He was very patient with us as we changed our itinerary several times. Their website is very informative and clearly provides all the excursion information you will need to plan your holiday. Between the information on the website and the information that Juan Carlos provided to us, we received exactly what we wanted. There were no hidden costs or surprises. I was very pleased with the personalized service we received from Juan Carlos as he treated us as friends and not clients. I would highly recommend Charly's in helping you plan your stay in Puerto Vallarta. He will definitely be our first stop the next time we visit Puerto Vallarta. Thank you, again, Juan Carlos.

cssfishing, Public Relations Manager at Charly's Sailing and Sport Fishing, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hola amigos, thanks for visiting us! I am looking forward to seeing you again!
Paola, Kansas
“Last minute fishing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had some friends who joined us in P.V. they arrived on Sunday in November and asked if we could go fishing that week. I told them that sometimes you have to book 2-3 weeks in advance just to reserve a boat,but I would call around to see what could be done.I called Jonathan Peinado at Charly's sport fishing who I had used before for fishing trips and told him what the group wanted 4 hours of fishing, a boat full of fish, and a reasonable price. After a few e-mails later that evening Jonathan had us a trip booked for Tuesday that week with all our request, well the boat wasn't full of fish but we did catch plenty that day, the captain and crew worked hard to make sure we had fun and a enjoyable time on the water catching fish.So for all your activites in and around P.V. I highly recomend giving Jonathan a call and let him do all the work so you can enjoy your vacation hassle free with fun memories.

Visited November 2012
Portland, Oregon
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best Vacation ever thanks to Juan and Charly's Sailing & sport Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had never been out of the States and decided to venture to PV. Juan was so patient and helpful to us. We have 2 small boys and we wanted to be safe and have a blast and that we did. Juan answered every question and was prompted in responding to emails and phone calls which I great appreciated. Even when we arrived he came to where we were at to receive payment so I didn't have to leave the resort. He even came on a holiday New Year's Day after a late night for him so that was above and beyond to me. We scheduled the Pirate ship, Swim with the Dolphins and Ziplining and it was all amazing. It forecasted rain for the day of the Pirate Ship and within minutes he had it rescheduled for me. I also had a concern one day with the zipline bus not being there on time (there were only 10 minutes late) and I thought maybe we missed it and within minutes he had an answer for me that they were running a few minutes behind. He even gave me inside tips on where to shop and how to use our phones etc. Thanks Juan for helping to make our first trip to PV amazing. The memories will last forever with our two sweet boys.

1 Thank TikiGee
Hola Tiki, thanks for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family.
Hopefully I see you all again in our beautiful Puerto Vallarta!
Oakland, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“A great day of fishing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went out on Monday 1/7 on the Duende with Captain Erik through Charly's sportfishing charter.

Jonathan was very friendly & accomodating with helping me book my trip. I asked him what would be my best bet & told him cost was not my primary concern. He recommended the panga as the best value & said the 10 or 12 hour trips on the bigger boats just werent doing that well at this time. I was very appreciative of his honesty & felt impressed that he was'nt focused on trying to get my money & actually seemed concerned with my satisfaction. I decided to go ahead with the 8 hr trip on a 30' bertram instead of the panga with low expectations, but no regrets.

We went out trolling off the Mariettas Islands & I ended up catching 2 big dorados, 2 small sailifish (which I released), a small bonita & fought another big dorado that got away. The crew was friendly & professional & the highlight was when the deckhand made a nice fresh bowl of dorado ceviche for lunch.

Afterwards, Jonathan helped me take the fish to a local restaurant (Victors Place), which cooked me & my wife a great meal for dinner that night. Overall, it was a great day of fishing!

1 Thank M G