“My 'go to' place”

Catedral Vallarta Boutique Hotel
Ranked #55 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I can't wait until I can go back to Puerto Vallarta...and to the Hotel Catedral. I didn't know what to expect when I arrived in Vallarta since my friend did all of the research and made the travel / hotel arrangements. With my budget, I wasn't expecting to be so pleased by the quaint, charming facility, with its open air lobby and the roof top patio... located right downtown. However, my most positive and lasting impression was because of the gracious and helpful staff. I probably ask for and expect more assistance from hotel staff more than the average traveler. This was compounded by the fact that I don't speak Spanish! The staff was very accommodating. They helped me plan bus itineraries, coordinated schedules and translated telephone calls. I was able, with their help, to easily pack a great many experiences into a few days. I recommend this little jewel and can't wait to go back. Hotel Catedral was a great find.
Kathy D.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathy D

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Catedral for more than 3 weeks. The hotel is located in the center of Puerto Vallarta and we could walk everywhere. The rooms are nice and very clean. The staff is super friendly and very helpful, they got us everthing we needed (even free tickets for a show in the theatre).
They dont have an own restaurant, but its no problem because you are situated in the cente with lots of restaurant. In the mornig there is a room with books, coffe, a good choice of teas and cookies..
We had a great time and we can only recommend this nice hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Kate92644
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I totally can recommend this hotel, awesome service, very clean, perfect located and fair price.
We were 4 german students and loved to stay in this hotel
Especially it is just 3 blocks from the beach and 5 from the nightlife

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mikeeey1107
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Last weekend I went to puerto Vallarta , I love these place is such beautiful city , I was there for Dia de Los muertos , it was beautiful my favorite holly day in Mexico , it something that you have c one in your life time , about the hotel , the location is great , walking distance to every where , you don't need a car or taxis because you r in the center of every thing , the hotel staff were very nice and friendly , the hotel is really cute , very nice rooms , the one the we had was like a little apartment with full equipped kitchen , nice and comfortable bed and balcony with a nice view , I will definitely go back there and stay there aging totally wort it for the price , I hope you enjoy it as much as I did ,

Room Tip: The suits or mini suit , but I think all the rooms are nice a comfy
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alberto C
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is our second time at the Catedral Vallarta. This is a wonderful little gem in the heart of Zona Romantica. Away from all the bars, beaches and crowds (but all within a short walk) you get a quiet place to stay and a decent night's sleep.
To give you some perspective, the Malecon is only about 2 blocks away. If you are heading to the beaches (I'm thinking blue / green chairs) it is about 20-30 minute walk. The local bars / pubs - mainly gay - are just across a bridge and probably only 15 minutes walk away. One more plus is that Starbucks is only 2 blocks away - perfect for that coffee fix right before hitting the beach.
Our first visit we stayed in the penthouse but this time we decided to stay in a regular suite with kitchen. There were two beds, a little dining area, balcony and kitchenette. The kitchenette has a medium sized fridge, sink, counter space and a 2-burner hotplate. Also included - pots, pans, dishes, toaster and kettle. My opinion is this is a great kitchen for folks who want to eat the occasional meal in their room. For a larger group wanting to eat daily meals it might not work out though. Having said that, we managed to have breakfast in our room each day and store water, juice and some booze in the fridge. The local food in PV makes it hard to just stay in and eat!
The room has a ceiling fan and air conditioning as well as a wall-mounted flatscreen. For storage we had a dresser, nightstand and a bar in the bathroom to hang clothes. There was also a wall safe to store passports and valuables.
The room was cleaned daily and they really do their best to make sure the place is cleaned top to bottom. Service at the front desk was great too - they will answer any questions you have. Free wi-fi and computers with internet in the lobby were also nice touches.
My only problems with the hotel - and why it is a four instead of perfect five:
- the mattresses are typical holiday hotel mattresses - hard and not the most comfortable (although I have slept on worse)
- more room to hang clothes or at least a few more hangers - we had 5 hangers between the two of us and the room sleeps 4 so a little more storage space would definitely be needed
All this aside, I would definitely recommend Catedral Vallarta. We spent 14 nights in a really nice-sized room and it cost less than $800 CDN. The cleanliness and service are exceptional and the peace and quiet are much-appreciated!

3  Thank mylittleoctopussy
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We'd had a bit of a bus journey by the time we arrived in Puerto Vallarta and our greeting by the lovely lady on reception was perfect to lift our spirits! (Wish I could remember her name!!). She said she spoke English, but as I speak adequate Spanish, we used that for our conversation. She was lovely, polite, spoke slower for me and showed us two different rooms she had available. She even said we could sleep in one and try the other the next day! Do you get that in the Sheraton!?!? I think not! The room we had was really spacious, with 2 double beds, Tv, hair dryer and some toiletries and complimentary bottled water every day. The bathroom was a little small, but was clean with a nice shower. We also had a great little balcony, which was perfect to enjoy the free coffee and cookies the hotel provide every morning. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful, although we did have two quite loud people next door banging doors and blowing their noses like trumpeting elephants, but they didn't spoil the quiet too much.
The hotel is perfectly placed to stroll to the Cathedral (5minutes), the beach and boardwalk (5minutes) and into the Zona Romantico (about 10 minutes).
I'll definitely be staying at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone.......oh don't forget to climb the stairs onto the roof terrace for a great view of the Cathedral!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a balcony and then enjoy the free coffee and cookies in the early mor...
2  Thank Bizwiz65
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel and staff are wonderful. The staff have pride in the hotel and go out of their way to ensure needs are met. We stayed in the Penthouse and had private full access to the roof. We watched the parade and stage performances for the Day of the Dead celebrations. Quick and easy access to the markets and food. The Cathedral is a couple of blocks away. There is a great view of the Cathedral and the clock tower. Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Request the Penthouse for best views.
2  Thank Sandie M