Each and every day (one week) we stepped outside our condo there were people quietly cleaning and fussing about in order to make sure that Lindo Mar is spotless. We go to a warm resort each February and this is the cleanest and most well stocked one yet. Not just a roll of paper towels... an extra one beside it. Tons of coffee filters. etc.
The pool is smallish. The hot tub is infinity-style, with a perfect view of the ocean. The beach is very small, but there are larger ones if you want to walk 4 minutes. We just stayed put. Beach towels supplied.
Many people there seemed to know each other, and to know the staff. It was nice to see the friendships going on. The restaurant was good, not great, but the prices were very reasonable and it had the same fab view as all of the condos. (all are ocean front.)
The bus stops just up the street (but will let you off at the door if they are in the mood) so we rode up and down the coast and into town easily. Also, there is a 7-eleven type store about 3 minutes walk down the road-- good for late-night food runs.
I need to say that , because all the rooms are ocean front and the pool is ocean front, you can hear people at the pool sometimes. (maybe not from the higher rooms... but the higher rooms would have more traffic noise in the bedrooms, which are highway side. almost no noise on lower floor bedrooms.) We thought that would bother us at first, but it was fine. Also, there are very few under-60's and fewer under-50's staying there. Just informational.
We did not like that you can't reserve a certain room. Since it's really a timeshare, you take the room they give you. We requested to be high up, and not at pool level. We got 2nd floor... but again, it was fine. We may not stay there again, though we LOVED the place, because we are not willing to risk getting a ground-floor room. (we like to leave our lanai doors open at night.)
We loved the happy hour 2-for-1 drinks (they let us share, unlike some places) and always looked forward to hearing the bell at noon and at 5. We loved the view, the hot tub, the big living room and comforts. We pretty much didn't leave the place for a week!!
Just too relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled right on Conchas Chinas Beach in the exclusive southern section of Puerto Vallarta, Lindo Mar is the perfect escape. Enjoy ocean views from your one-, two- or three-bedroom condominium suite, complete with a full kitchen, cable television, maid service and air conditioning to cool off after a relaxing day on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindo Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindo Mar Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Lindo Mar Puerto Vallarta