“Lindo Mar - WOW!”

Ranked #48 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Orange County, CA
“Lindo Mar - WOW!”
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I just got back from Lindo Mar, WOW!

I had heard from a friend that you can book weeks through tradingplaces.com without having to own a timeshare or having to take a mandatory timeshare pitch, so I thought I would give it a chance. I flew out of LAX into PTO, direct flight about 3 hours.

The taxi to the resort took about twenty minutes and was about $25USD (I guess the taxi’s have to pay an airport tax when they leave the airport? As it was only about $15USD to taxi back to the airport when I left).

When I arrived at the Lindo Mar resort, the resort looked like nothing to write home about – DON’T BE FOOLED! Once you walk in to the Lobby, the resort seems to grow twenty times bigger! I was through the check-in process within 10 minutes and a staff member Alejandro took my bags to my room.

I was staying in a one-bedroom on the 8th floor, the first thing that caught my eye when I stepped into the room was the GREAT OCEAN VIEW! The bedroom is in the back of the unit, a couple people have commented saying that this has been a bad part of their trip, but I did not notice anything wrong.

The bathroom in small, but efficient. Everything that is necessary to do can be done, even the water pressure was good (as good as my house in OC!).

The living room opens up to the balcony where you can view endless miles of sea, not to mention some of the best SUNSETS!

The restaurant “La Playita” (the little beach) is great. Right on the water, good food, good service, they don’t water down their drinks!

Now I want to talk about my timeshare presentation:

There was a note in my unit asking me to go to a timeshare presentation with a guy named Javier. I was a little apprehensive about doing a timeshare tour, as I have heard nothing but horror stories, but thinking I was a single guy, I thought I wouldn’t “Qualify” so I said what the heck and called down to Javier’s “Sales Office” (a little glass office next the activities + internet usage computers near the lobby) and spoke with Javier. I must say this first – Javier was not at all trying to hard sell me and never did he try any of the “sales tactics” you learn in college (the line down the paper, the box technique, the price drop) – He told me what they had available and the prices, I asked about the association fees (My buddy owns down the road at Costa Vida – his association fees are a little under $1000 a year for his 2-bedroom) the prices for both purchase and association fees are very reasonable. Javier told me that the weeks were “forever,” I was not understanding this – but later on when speaking with an owner, he old me how the association owns the “Mexican corporation” that owns the resort so basically the owners own the resort in perpetuity.

Javier gave me some paperwork to mull over and I told him that I would get back to him. He never did try and track me down or pressure me to make a decision. On the second to last day of my stay I decided I would try timesharing and purchase at Lindo Mar (I am Lindo Mar’s newest owner!) a got a 1-bedroom floating week for $4500 – I would urge you to do the same! I was given a membership into a Trading Places membership club, I think there are about 25-30 resorts I can trade my week at Lindo Mar for free, I can trade my week for a cruise as well!!!

I am very happy with this purchase; I will try to update this in the future once I get more information from Trading Places on the membership club (called Premiere Access) and my owner documents. Feel free to contact me at: traveling_scott_11@yahoo.com

-Scott James

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — No night life at Resort
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Traveling_Scott_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Chesterfield, VA
Reviewed July 15, 2008

My family and I just returned from Lindo Mar in Puerto Vallarta. When leaving the airport be prepared for the first of many encounters with hard sell timeshare vendors. Just continue walking to the doors regardless of where they try to get you to go and once outside you will see the official taxi stand. A taxi to Lindo Mar from the airport is $35. These are special white taxis that are licensed to work at the airport. The return trip will only cost about $15.

The resort is older structure that is well maintained. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Maria-Elena, the concierge, is extremely knowledgeable and can point you in the right direction for whatever activities you may want to participate in. Our room was extremely clean and comfortably used. Other than a dripping A/C unit in the bedroom, everything in the unit was serviceable. The only down side to the unit is the occasional noise from the hallway. The rooms are not well insulated and the noise does carry. Our room afforded us a great view of the beach. The pool was small but never crowded. The beach was raked daily and the ocean water was like a bathtub. When snorkeling I encountered several different types of fish and even found a lobster in one of the rock crevasses just off of the beach. We ate in the resorts restaurant La Playita during one breakfast, one lunch, and two dinners and were never disappointed with our fare. The restaurant bar has two happy hours a day, one from noon to 1 and then one from 5 to 6. Happy Hour is opened and closed by the ringing of a bell. Our four-year-old daughter enjoyed yelling “It’s Happy Hour” or “Happy Hours over” at the ringing of the bell. The Lindo Mar is a great place to go to get away from the rush of everyday life and the resort did a fine job of taking care of my family.

Travel into town can be done by bus 6 pesos per person or by taxi for 50 pesos. Taxis seemed to always be available and we never had to wait, regardless of where we were. Centro, Puerto Vallarta is a large tourist trap. Regardless of where we ventured we were never far from someone trying to sell us t-shirts, trinkets, tequila, cigars, or a timeshare. When sitting at a table by a window eating dinner inside Senor Frogs, vendors approached on the street trying to sell trinkets to me through the window. Even what was meant to be a peaceful walk down the Malecon, was constantly disrupted by vendors. It is safe to say that I will not be traveling back to Puerto Vallarta. It is an extremely beautiful area that is well on its way to turning into a huge tourist trap.

• Liked — Friendly staff and clean accommodations.
  • Disliked — Puerto Vallarta is a tourist trap.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank morrisn
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 21, 2008

We just returned from a great week at Lindo Mar resort. I chose this hotel based on the reviews posted here and I want to thank everyone who took the time to give feedback. We loved this hotel and are already planning our trip for next year!

My husband and I were looking for a change of pace from our normal, all-inclusive Mexico vacation. Lind Mar was the perfect choice. This small time-share club (@42 units) is run very much like a boutique style hotel. The area around the hotel is the beautiful old town area with villas going up the side of the mountain. There was not construction while we were there but we hear that it was just suspended because of a problem with a foundation collapse. They are waiting for permits to be reissued, so this could start back up at any time.

Our room as on the 5th floor and had a beautiful view of the bay and was very well decorated with Mexican tile and furniture. There was a full kitchen, living and dining area and a bedroom in the back. The living room had two built in couches and folding door to the balcony. While we were there we never closed the doors and the unit stayed comfortable all day – no bugs, never too hot. At night we used the AC just in the bedroom with the door closed.

The size of the unit was perfect. Even with my dad, who decided to join us at the last minute, there was plenty of room. There was even a very nice cabinet in the living area for his clothes that included space for him to hang shirts and things as well as several drawers.

One thing to note if you are bringing more than 2 people and using a 1 bedroom unit, there is no pull out sofa, just two day-bed type couches. Even so, my dad said they were very comfortable to sleep on and he really had the best room because he could listen to the surf all night. The cleaning staff made up his “bed” every day and made sure he had clean sheets and blankets.

The cleaning staff did a great job and most days our room was clean by lunch time. We paid the $7.50 for the week to have the dishes washed – well worth it. The rest of the hotel staff was very accommodating, particularly, Maria the concierge, who not only helped up plan trips but helped my dad use their internet service. If you ask for restaurant recommendations from staff make sure to ask about whether the place takes credit cards. Some of the smaller, off-the-beaten-track places don’t and you will have to be prepared with enough cash.

We found the restaurant downstairs mediocre. It was pretty good for lunch, snacks and drinks but we found dinner to be poor. Brunch on Sunday is very popular with locals and supposed to be very good but you should get there early or you will have a significant wait. We skipped it and went to El Set next door and that was just ok. Grocery shopping was easy. The front desk suggested Rizo, which was right in El Centro, a $4 cab ride away. There is also an OXO (7-11) two blocks from the hotel were you can get beer and some grocery items.

As previous reviewers noted, the beach does disappear at high tide. We were lucky and high tide was at early enough in the morning for us to be able to use the beach everyday. There were plenty of palapas, but chairs we in short supply, so plan to get them early and stake out your spot if you want to use the beach for the day. The pool is heated and small, but adequate. There was only one day that we felt like it was too crowded to use.

There was no real time-share stuff. We got one call at the end of the week and when I told him no there was no issue or pressure. We passed on the presentation.

This is a great hotel if you are looking for a low-key, relaxing location with a great view. We’re definitely going back!

• Liked — Location, view, rooms
  • Disliked — Dinner at restaurant
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank nikki5577
Denver
Reviewed February 20, 2008

This was our 7th visit to Puerto Vallarta and the Lindo Mar was a generally positive experience. The room was nicely decorated and well-equipped. The water jug was a great amentity. We found the place nicer than the reviews would lead us to believe. The bathroom was a little small (but very nciely designed) and the bedroom was dark. The staff was friendly and helpful and the building was fairly clean.

The pool was a bit small and not good for kids and adults at the same time. Our 6-year old enjoyed it nonetheless. There are a few 1st floor rooms right by the pool, and the pool is part of their patio and that's OK if you've got kids. If not, don't stay there...get a higher room. The beach was smaller than we expected and competely disappeared at high tide. The surrounding rocks were interesting and made for good snorkeling, but the water was a bit cold this year. At night, the little crabs were a ball to chase around.

The poolside bar and restaurant was nice and the food was very good but we explored mostly other eateries. Happy hour wasn't as lively as we like, but we usually head downtown then, anyway. The bus was convenient and we rarely needed a taxi, but took one once in a while.

I didn't like using their computers but they have wi-fi in the bar and lobby for a small fee. The time-share regulars were friendly and we finally got to see our first Green Flash. The weight room was nicely equipped and working, but seemed isolated. The location was not too far from town and there were few beach vendors.

• Liked — Views, Service, decor
  • Disliked — Small pool and beach
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank BillRadio
Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed December 17, 2007

We recently stayed at the Lindo Mar located on the south side of PV. ( Nov. 10- Nov. 17, 2007). It is a small, lovely quaint, older Mexican flaired Hotel/resort. It has 46 rooms and is set into the mountain. The lobby is on the 7th floor, open air. There is an elevator . I believe there are 2 floors above the 7th.

We arrived via car, parking in front of hotel, open parking lot but appears to be secure and someone is at front desk 24 hours. Had no problems with car. Parking is free. Check in desk just to the right as you enter lobby, and a nice seating area to the left. Check in went without a glitch , very speedy and quick. You can open a credit line at front desk at check in with an imprint of a credit card. Check in is at 4pm and check out 11am. We arrived 3 hours before check in time and there was not an iota of issue with that and we were immediately taken to our room. The bellboys carried our luggage in and placed in room as we desired.

This was a girls only vacation with just me and my mom. ( late 40’s, late 60’s in age). We shared a one bedroom unit on the seventh floor. We were on an outer unit, room 701. We walked to left of lobby , past elevator down short hall then to our room. You enter through a wood door into a wide hallway or foyer area, the first thing that catches your eye is the open doors straight ahead, the lovely table with 2 chairs on the terrace with wrought iron railings and planters with bouganvilla and wow, the incredible, view of the ocean. So if you walked straight in entrance to room, you would walk past bathroom on left, kitchen on left, dining room on left, right in to living room and right out to terrace/balcony. There was a lovely tablecloth on the balcony table and this balcony can be shut off with wood and glass doors that completely open so as not to obstruct any of the view. The doors were clean and functioanable, but did have many areas of shrinkage or cracks in wood, where if mosquitos or such were around would surely enter. We did not have an issue with such. Seemed to be no mosquitos at all. There were colorful, well made blue drapes to go over these doors for nighttime or to block out sun if you chose.

The Living room had two couches, made on cement slabs as is typical in many Mexican decors, with comfortable and colorful cushions. These couches formed an “L” shape with an end table in the corner of the “L”. There was a lamp and phone on this end table. A nice, very large, glass and wood square coffee table was in center. To the right was a dresser, with draws and hanging space, a mirror or picture above it and a small TV, with cable. Many channels were in English. Opposite this dresser on other side of room and above couch was another window, unfortunately there was an empty lot next door, but you could still see the ocean and mountains from this window, so the empty lot was not a distraction. Apparently there has been and continues to be construction in the area, we saw it but we never heard it while in our room or at the pool or restaurant.

Open to the living room and before it from entering is a dining area, with a round table with double overlayed tablecloths, blue and yellow, a bowl of paper mache fruit in the center and 4 wooden but padded chairs. Behind this was a counter open to kitchen area with 2 equipale counter stools, making a bar area.

Before this dining area was the kitchen, immediately to the left was a full size refrigerator, then a small, but adequate, 4 burner stove, with an oven I believe, directly ahead a sink, to the left of the sink a microwave and to the right a toaster, blender, and coffee maker. There was plenty of counter space, on quaint Mexican tiles, wood cabinets also plentiful, with lovely Mexican Dishes, Palomar I think , and sufficient pans, utensils and such. Even a filled salt and pepper shaker and coffee filters. Under the sink was a sponge, dishcloths, dish detergent ( the powder kind which is typical in Mexico) and the trash bucket. Opposite the refrigerator was a 20 liter garafon ( 5 gal. bottle ) of purified water with a tap, for easy access, it was replaced as needed. The kitchen was also replenished as needed with paper towels.

To the immediate left of the entrance and to the back was the bedroom. A good size room might I add. It had a large window, again with the colorful blue curtains, this looked out to parking lot and street, but was off an outdoor hallway of hotel, so not on the street, so safety not an issue. The bed was centered in the room to the right with two end tables, a lamp on each, a telephone, nice bedspread. In the corner by the window was a sitting chair and in front of bed was a dresser with plenty of draws, a dresser scarf, colorful, some decorative item on the dresser, forget exactly, a large mirror above dresser and a hanging lamp by the chair. To the right of the bed was a plentiful closet with hangers, an iron, ironing board, shelves, and the in room safe, free, but a charge if you lost the key. The closet closed with wood louvered doors. The bed was very comfortable, the pillows also. The linens were clean and changed frequently. There were sufficient blankets and such.

The whole unit was tile floors, ceiling fans in living room, and bedroom, as well as A/C throughout.

The bathroom between the kitchen and the bedroom was small but sufficient and very quaint Mexican. Sink with mirror, open shelves, toilet, and shower with Mexican tiled tub. The soap was replaced as needed as well as tissues and toilet paper. No shampoo was provided. Do not recall if there was a hairdryer. The toilet, sink and showerhead worked great. The water pressure was excellent and the hot water was always plentiful. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom but there was a small slated window, allowing light in to bathroom and also to serve as ventilation I assume. Behind and attached to the bathroom door was a full length mirror, a commodity in Mexico and many resorts LOL. We always had sufficient towels, hand towels and facecloths.

The view from the terrace looks straight out onto the pacific, if looking down it overlooked the pool and the rocky cove and restaurant below. The sunsets from here were wonderful as was the sound of the crashing waves. We ate breakfast on this balcony every morning and many lunches and suppers, as well as enjoyed margaritas and such.

The maid came in daily to clean room and I must say in all of the hotels/resorts I have stayed in throughout Mexico these were the best. The room was always meticulously clean , tidied up and replenished with paper towels, TP, soap, towels etc. There is a 75 peso charge if you wish the maid to do dishes for the week, we chose to do our own. The maid did put the dishes away and such though. The whole resort was well maintained and spotless.

From the lobby and straight ahead is the concierge desk and behind that a very small gym, the use of the gym is free, but we did not use it. We also neglected to check out the spa area which I have heard is very small. They do give you a price list for spa usage upon check in and there are specials Monday through Friday. . Mon/Tues. was a massage for two for 680 pesos, Tuesday a manicure-pedicure & facial for 650 pesos, Weds. Massage and manicure or pedicure for 570 pesos, Thursday a manicure-pedicure for 330 pesos, and Friday a massage & facial for 690 pesos. There were also special price massages at 450 pesos, manicures at 165 pesos, pedicures at 195 pesos, and facials at 330 pesos.

The elevator was functioning perfectly, had mirrors on walls and took you down to first floor where there is a sitting area, some shelves, with a book exchange, a bathroom, and then you entered outside to the pool area. The pool, though quite small, had a lovely Mexican fountain on one end. There was a hottub, quite large aside of pool. The pool and hotub were spotless. There were lounge chairs around the pool with covers that could be pulled over top to block the sun. There were also tables and umbrellas around the pool. There is another fountain in the middle, round and Mexican in charm and shape. The pool is open from 9am to 10pm. Towels are provided from 9am - 5pm at the towel booth by the pool. Very laid back, no big issue if you lose a towel or such stated. The waiters from the restaurant would bring over drinks or food if you wished or you could bring down snacks and drinks of your own. Again, very laid back and homey.

To the right was the Oceanside restaurant “La Playita”, which is open daily from 8am to 10pm. It is in levels, with wood chairs and tables, right on the ocean. You can also receive room service from the restaurant. The service and food were good. They have a happy hour each day from 12-1pm , then again from 5-6pm. They ring a cow bell to announce happy hour! We ate there twice. The restaurant is open aired with ceiling fans I believe and ocean breezes of course. There is also a smoking and non smoking area, but since it is outside, smoke is not an issue anyway. The spinach stuffed enchilada and the fajitas were great. The lobster stuffed chile relleno, spinach and shrimp enchilada, and coconut shrimp with mango sauce plate was very tasty and plentiful. We each got two meals out of our meals that night, leftovers back to the room LOL.

The beach is not a walking beach, more like a cove surrounded by rocks which break the waves, making for some snorkeling opportunities or wading in ocean, without fear of drifting or undertows. There are loungers and tables with palapas on beach but it is a small area and in high tide it literally disappears.

There were no real activities planned, just happy hour and sitting watching the sunset. It seems to be a place where many are owners and return yearly. There were a lot of readers and relaxers by the pool, and many people, snorkeling or just wading in ocean and such. There were a few, like two venders on the beach area selling blankets, some silver and such.

We did meet with Javier, for a no gimmick, 15 minute, no pressure timeshare presentation for a $25. Gift certificate to use on site at spa or restaurant. He showed us a two bedroom, which was more spacious than the one bedroom with the master bedroom and living room each having balconies, also two bathrooms., otherwise essentially the same. The price was really good and maintenance reasonable but maybe edging toward higher side considering the size of the resort and amenities and such. I declined his offer and said I would think about it and that was it. No pressure whatsoever. I much preferred the two bedroom over the one bedroom, just for the extra balcony and more space, although the one bedroom was quite ample in size and could easily accommodate 4 people.

The staff throughout the resort were helpful, friendly but quiet, responsive, and not overbearing.

As stated above the resort is on south side of PV in Conchas Chinas area. There are taxis available for reasonable price right at hotel as well as buses for barely nothing from all parts of PV to the resort. There is a convenience store called OXXO, just a short walk from hotel, maybe 5 minutes.

Upon check out, there once again were no glitches, we returned the tv remote, the safe and room keys and
got our credit card imprint back, no additional assessments or such., bellboys loaded our car and we were off in a matter of less than ten minutes.

The hotel/resort is very laid back, displayed a mature clientele mostly, there were a few kids though. It is a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the malecon or hotel zone and closest to Old town. It is a great hotel/resort for relaxing, lounging, getting away from it all. Excellent for honeymooners looking for romance and peace and quiet. Good for those who just do not want to deal with lots of tourists and loud parties and noise and such. Perfect for those who are not looking for glitz and glamour but Mexican ambiance, charm, and serenity with fabulous views and the lulling sound of crashing waves each and every moment. I would not recommend this hotel/resort for those wishing to do a lot of partying, or who want a lot of activities. Would recommend for families with small children, as very enclosed and safe, maybe not ideal for teenagers or such. I would and probably will return to this hotel/resort for relaxation and laid back vacation in a clean, well maintained place, with incredible views. The only negatives I can give on this resort for a laid back vacation would be only one tv, and a small one at that, would like a tv in bedroom as well as living room. The 7th floor is street level, so you can hear the traffic at night and such, so would suggest a lower level room if possible. Nothing major with the noise but at times you could hear buses or cars with music and such.

Now just a bit on the vacation…my mom and I are Americans living in Mexico full time, so have a great appreciation for Mexican hospitality and charm. We do live about a 6 hour drive from PV, so visit often. We live at 5000 feet altitude in Lago de Chapala, so the sea level altitude was great. Lots of oxygen! We are both fit and we walked just about everywhere. One day we walked from hotel to beginning of malecon all the way to and from hotel/resort, shopping along the way of course. We almost daily walked in to old town and shopped or dined. It would be a hike for those not fit or not acquainted with warmer climates. The weather was wonderful, sunny every day in the 80 or maybe even 90’s, little to no humidity.

We one day went to an update timeshare presentaton at Mayan, also at Velas both of where I am an owner. Sales pitch and presentation medium in pressure. Also attended the Playa Del Sol Grande Sales presentation in Nuevo Vallarta, which was high pressure and almost relentless. Neither of us upgraded or bought any timeshares but we did get some great insight in to what is being offered now, prices, etc. and made some extra cash in the interim. I would not suggest doing this to anyone who is on a limited vacation schedule as they can be time consuming and such. Unless of course you are interested in buying, resale of course LOL.

We did a lot of shopping…we did the whole malecon essentially touristy items but pretty and fun to walk. We talked to many locals , tried many different types of tequilas, including some quite smooth cream ones, did not buy any but of course we are from the same state of Jalisco so can get lots of tequila at home as well. We shopped mostly in old town, getting some unique decorations for house, mom had a dress made in two days from Manta, at Lolitas on Basilllio Badillo, for only 400 plus pesos.

We had a couple mishaps, mom losing her diamond from its setting, but no where to be found and her shoe falling apart, but that was not a problem, a kind Mexican shoe salesman, taped her shoe together and then directed us to a cobbler just a few blocks away. We found a cobbler in old town and they quickly repaired her shoe and off we went. We took a drive one day all through town, went to Walmart, etc. There is a lovely mall with a Liverpool new to PV and not all stores finished yet, but wow has PV grown.
Another day we drove all along the southside ending up at the Botanicial Gardens, which was nice but more for a tourist as we were pretty familiar with all they had. They do sell orchids and cactus and baskets and do have a restaurant and river on site. This would be a perfect , laid back excursion for tourists . There was a really nice gift shop there as well. The ride was lovely with spectacular views and such.

We ate mostly at the hotel/resort restaurant, in the room or just wherever we ended up at any given moment, a taco stand or what have you. We did check out many restaurants along Los Muertos Beach but found them to be quite expensive and just typical fare of what we are used to, now for a tourist, the palapa styled restaurants right on the beach would be a treat I am sure. The beach in this area was packed with people, noise and lots and lots of drinking.

We meant to go to Barcelona Tapas, but got derailed and never made it. Also meant to go to Red Cabbage as have heard they have awesome Chiles en Nogada, next trip. We did eat at Café de Olla. Mediocre meal and food, decent margaritas, not much ambiance. We got a combo plate which had dry chicken, tough steak and ribs that were decent, included a half a baked potatoe. ( none of the restaurants offered us topas ( tortilla chips) and salsa before our meal, which is pretty typical in Mexico and usually free) we did ask though and they were promptly delivered to our table. The seating is very close in this restaurant and it was quite busy as we were there. The check was placed on our table without us requesting it, again a faux par in Mexico. We encountered a very “ugly” American tourist sitting next to us, who was with his girlfriend and another couple, probably in their late 50’s or 60’s. We asked nicely where they were from and general comraderie conversation. They asked about us, we told them where we were from and we lived in Mexico. One of the men asked how hard and how to go about legally living in Mexico. I attempted to explain a bit to him and then the other man decided to veer off on to the Mexicans in US illegally and politics. We felt this was an inappropriate setting for such, so we just said well guess the US allows it so what can you do. The girlfriend was talking quite a bit to my mom. He got very belligerent and nasty after this, swearing and yelling and such at my mother. I told him this was unacceptable behavior in the US or in Mexico and in Mexico the mother was sacred and to please stop his swearing at my mother , at this point he decided to stand and grab my arm and continue to rant and rave. His friends told him more than once “sit down enough”. This whole experience really turned us off to tourist areas, but to top it off apparently, they left before us and he told the management ( owner or captain) we had bothered him and thus he was not paying for his meal and such. Who knows what else he told them. Anyway , management came back and asked us if we wanted anything else, we said no we were just going to finish our drink and then leave as we were upset over all this and he rudely said I do not like you
bothering my customers and he comes here every year and did not pay his bill. We tried to explain our side of story in English and Spanish, but he was having none of it, said I am not getting in to middle of this. Well I have never been treated as such in Mexico by a Mexican. Unfortunately in our distress over all this we were thinking like tourists I guess and intimidated by this rage ridden man and no Mexican clientel in restaurant, and no defense from anyone who observed this man assault me and with horribly foul language speak to my mother. The management should have intervened immediately as I have always seen in any confrontations where I live in Mexico and in all my travels here in Mexico 8- 12 weeks per year, to coastal areas, issues as such immediately nipped in the bud. We should have immediately called the police and then this “ugly” tourist would have gotten a REAL Mexican experience in jail. Oh well, we did not let it ruin our time.

Why do I tell this, so maybe when people travel they will remember , you are in a foreign country, you represent your country, the laws are different here and should your behavior be inappropriate you could be put in to a situation which you will not understand , could be very costly and also shows the humble, hospitable Mexican countrymen, what type of people come from your country. Try to be happy and friendly when in Mexico, do not get in to politics or border issues etc. and well treat people with respect and you usually will get it back ten fold. Unfortunately for the restaurant, I will never go there again, after telling my husband, father and sons they were appalled that the management did not help us, and that we did not call the police.

My sons who grew up here, one still here, asked were there no Mexicans in the restaurant as that is like a mortal, life threatening thing here, to insult with foul language and such a mother or grandmother, they are sacred in Mexico and usually Mexicans will fight to the death for a mothers honor. As well as assault being a jail sentence here with the law being guilty until proven innocent, not vice versa. Anyway this restaurant lost out as we do go to PV frequently so thus they have lost our respect and business. A heads up for all travelers, should you encounter an issue while in Mexico do not be afraid to call the police, they do not want disturbances or bad reflections in Mexico especially in tourist areas.

Despite this we had an awesome time, and hubby and I are returning to PV in Feb, for 2 weeks. We will embrace more of PV, dine out, and we are even meeting up with some Mexicans we have befriended in PV as well as hoping to meet another Mexican man, who we were supposed to meet this past trip but did not.

I hope to in the near future take my husband to this hotel/resort, as think he would like the laid back atmosphere and enjoy snorkeling in the protected cove. Give this resort a try for a different ambiance and type of vacation. I think you will like it.

If you are looking for major party time, lots of activities, lots of noise, and glitz and glamour then this is not the resort for you, but if you want quiet, relaxation, beautiful views, Mexican touches and meticulously clean, this is the place.

24 Thank bezerk
Wayzata Mn
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Our family just stayed at lovely Lindo Mar, and what a treat. In an older section of the city, it felt like a real Mexican experience vs the more touristy Americanized Nuevo Vallarta. This little resort is very friendly with excellent service, and lot's of natural beauty, with easy access to El Centro. I will stay there again when I can. I had young adults with me and they loved it!

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank MissyK1
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed November 26, 2007

We have just returned from a week at the Lindo Mar. We spent November 17th through the 24th there and had a great time. Our room was a one bedroom on the 7th floor which was on the same floor as the gym and the Internet access computers. The resort is kept very clean and the grounds are maintained nicely. There isn't much of a beach during high tide but it was definately big enough for the number of people at the resort. The beds were quite hard which I enjoyed but my wife did not. The pillows were very hard so I would recommend bringing your own if you like soft pillows. The views are terrific. We had enough of an ocean breeze so we never used the air conditioner even though temperatures were anywhere from 85 to 92 daily. The pool is very small but it is nice to cool off in after sunbathing. There is a restaurant attached that is shared by Lindo Mar and El Set residents. The food was OK but nothing to write home about. We purchased breakfast and lunch items at a grocery store in PTO and generally took a bus into town (about 2 miles) for our evening meals. The bus ride costs 40 pesos and the taxi costs about $5 with tip. We had found this place on tradingplaces.com and purchased our week for $250.

• Liked — Quiet and secluded. Away from all the crowds.
  • Disliked — The pillows on the beds.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple