Stayed at Lindo Mar with my wife after purchasing a groupon for a 7 night stay at a selection of resorts and after reading the reviews of the Lindo Mar we decided to stay here. Glad we did. The place is very old Mexico style as the other reviews noted but it really makes you feel like you are in Mexico instead of modern hotel somewhere in the US. The rooms all face the ocean and have a great view, we had an upper floor room with a great view and there are planters right off your balcony with nice flowering plants growing out. The beds were pretty comfortable and the couches were ok but they are definitely older and the type where the cushions always slide around but was never really a problem.
The restaurant here is AWESOME. The Sunday brunch is incredible with all kinds of native dishes and even an omelet and quesadilla station where the lady was MAKING tortillas on the griddle as people ordered their food. We ate there numerous times and it was always excellent, we have been all over Mexico and this was some of the best food I have had. The view from the tables is looking right over the beach and at sunset it is very romantic and a great picture spot. The service was always good and the servers attentive and friendly. Same thing goes for the bar that is part of the restaurant, they were always happy to see us and had great drinks ready to go.
During the day if you go down to the beach they will let you order food and drinks from the restaurant and bring it down to you at the beach where they have a few palapas where you could have some shade if you wanted. The beach was small and a bit rocky but had some nice areas where you could easily swim out away from the rocks. Beware here they do have sea urchins which they have signs about and I came within a few feet of one before I saw it so keep your eyes open near the rocks! During the day here a guy would go out and fish just off the beach and catch clams and mussels and other stuff and bring them up on the beach and sell them. The pelicans were his best friends! The pool area is very small but nice and there were mostly kids using it any time we went to the beach which we preferred anyway.
As others mentioned Maria the concierge was very friendly and helpful when we wanted to book some excursions. We took a sailboat tour of the bay and it was very nice. Only a handful of people and we were taken to a hidden waterfall off the bay that was only accessible by boat. The water was nice and cold and came from a spring up the mountain, it was incredible! Then we did some snorkeling over near the small islands where all the birds hang out which was really good too, saw all kinds of stuff hiding under the edge of the small mountains! We also did the Rhythm of the Nights tour which was really fun too if you want to see a cool show and have a nice dinner on the private beach there. Very romantic too for you couples.
Overall I would definitely recommend this resort to a friend if you are looking for something small and intimate without that huge resort feel. All the rooms have a nice view that simply can't be beat and a nice balcony to enjoy it on. Next time we are in Puerto Vallarta we will probably be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled right on Conchas Chinas Beach in the exclusive southern section of Puerto Vallarta, Lindo Mar is the perfect escape. Enjoy ocean views from your one-, two- or three-bedroom condominium suite, complete with a full kitchen, cable television, maid service and air conditioning to cool off after a relaxing day on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Lindo Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindo Mar Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Lindo Mar Puerto Vallarta