“Shhh.. don't tell anyone!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Polo's

Restaurant Polo's
Ranked #72 of 999 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known for seafood but eclectic
calgary, AB
“Shhh.. don't tell anyone!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is by far the best "new to us" place we found for seafood in Puerto Vallarta. When we found it, we went back about eight times in the remainder of our four week vacation. If we would have found it earlier I'm sure it would have been more like an everyday thing. The seafood..whatever you like.. is amazing, and all reasonably priced to boot. My boyfriend loved the burritos , which you could get with all different combinations for 68 p. I had mahi mahi in garlic that was amazing for 80 p and we shared several seafood combos from 230 p - 475 p. The seafood fettuccine was more then even my pasta loving boyfriend could finish at 89p and he still thinks he should've had it more often. We will be back on our next vacation, maybe daily. I get hungry just thinking about it....

3 Thank alisha1980

Tampa
“Nice lunch and excellent value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

Our lunch here was great! The menu offers great selection and very good prices. There are two sides to this restaurant and we were able to select our own table. Unfortunately, the CD they were playing that afternoon seemed to skip at times...but we didn't stop here for the music...we came for the food and were happy with our choice!

Idaho
“One of the top 2 meals I've EVER had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

We were lucky enough to know a local who recommended two very, VERY good restaurants for us to try and one happens to be Polo's! We took a cab to the restaurant which is about 4 blocks off the main street on the Malecon. Our driver actually had to ask another cabbie who was parked on the side of the street for the last little bit of direction, but he had no problems getting us there in about 10 minutes from the marina area.

We were greeted the second we climbed out of the cab and seated very quickly. The servers immediately introduced themselves and asked for our drink orders (strawberry daquiri was too good...meaning it went down waaaay too easy!) There were five of us and we all had something different. I had the Rosy shrimp, which was a bacon wrapped shrimp on a skewer with onion, pepper and tomato. The presentation was beautiful and the meal was sooooooooo yummy! You can tell the food is good when a group of five boisterous people all go quiet. My dad had the seafood plate for one and it looked amazing, if not a little rich. My mom had the Wiri shrimp, which was coconut shrimp. All the shrimp were huge, but these seemed so much bigger! Our friends both had a snapper dish and I had a bite of one and it was to die for, and I'm not much of a fish eater! All the dishes were served with rice and fresh veggies.

Not only was the meal amazing and the service top notch, but our bill totaled just over 1500 pesos. That made it about 200 pesos less than lunch at Bubba Gump's for 5 people and 200 times better tasting!

DO NOT MISS THIS RESTAURANT! And while you're there, ask them about Beto's, which is another restaurant ran by the same "extended" family.

3 Thank mbrinton80
Mount Washington, Kentucky
“Awesome seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

We went to Mariscos Polo on our first night in PV. I had seen that it had some of the best seafood in PV, so I was eager to try it out. It is in the Old Town, and when our taxi dropped us off, we were a bit concerned. Don't be though, the restaurant is truly awesome. I had grilled bacon wrapped shrimp. The shrimp were so big, I had to use a fork and knife to cut them like a steak! The service and value were excellent as well.

California
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

What a treat! We were talking with an ex-pat by the pool who gave us a list of his favorite places to eat, Polo's was on the list and it was fantastic! Think of Cafe de Olla with fresher, better tasting seafood in a more hip environment. We had the seafood platter for 2 - which included a whole snapper, crab, lobster, scallops and prawns. (510 Pesos) The seafood was fresh as can be with a light butter sauce/marinade that didnt overdo it. Can't wait to come back!!