“Awesome seafood!”

Ranked #78 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Known for seafood but eclectic
Mount Washington, Kentucky
“Awesome seafood!”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We went to Mariscos Polo on our first night in PV. I had seen that it had some of the best seafood in PV, so I was eager to try it out. It is in the Old Town, and when our taxi dropped us off, we were a bit concerned. Don't be though, the restaurant is truly awesome. I had grilled bacon wrapped shrimp. The shrimp were so big, I had to use a fork and knife to cut them like a steak! The service and value were excellent as well.

California
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

What a treat! We were talking with an ex-pat by the pool who gave us a list of his favorite places to eat, Polo's was on the list and it was fantastic! Think of Cafe de Olla with fresher, better tasting seafood in a more hip environment. We had the seafood platter for 2 - which included a whole snapper, crab, lobster, scallops and prawns. (510 Pesos) The seafood was fresh as can be with a light butter sauce/marinade that didnt overdo it. Can't wait to come back!!

Danvers, Massachusetts
“A gem”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Our taxi driver,nacho, brought us to this small gem. Ihad a fish fillet stuffed with spinach and cheese, rice and veggies. Husband had a seafood and pasta dish which they changed the sauce because he didn't want the cream. Service was great with a nice wine list.

|Wisconsin Rapids, WI
“Great Seafood, Excellent value!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

My wife and I found this small restaurant on our last night in PV. It had been recommended by several people and luckily we noticed it while walking down the street. We split the cream of shrimp soup, an appetizer of shrimp, clams, and scallops served covered with melted cheese in a crab shell, (I forget the name!) and a seafood plate for one with shrimp, scallops, and lobster. I don't remember the exact ingredients of the dishes or the exact prices, but everything was exellent and very reasonably priced. I'm glad that we found Polo's and we will definately be back!!

1 Thank cheesehead02
Kelowna BC
“Great Value - Great meal”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Excellent selection of fish dishes in the 100 to 140 peso range. Both the wife and I were more than satisified with our meal.