“They won't let you down”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Estigo Tours

Estigo Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Estigo Tours offers the best and most enjoyable ATV Tours in Puerto Vallarta, Sightseeing tours and other activities in Puerto Vallarta. We combine the thrill of riding your own ATV with some of the most exhilarating experiences you will ever have. Whether you want to take a leisurely tour through the historic city, feel the wind on your face through zip-lines in the Sierra Madre mountains, or experience an glimpse of Mexican culture, you won't regret touring with us in this beautiful part of the world. Our Tours specialize in small groups to provide personalized service for you and your family. Please contact us for Private Tours.
Atlanta, Georgia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“They won't let you down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I spike to Gonzalo before our trip to PV. He was very accommodating. I didn't see exactly what we wanted to do, so he customized a tour. I was traveling with my wife and two 14 year old girls. He hit it right on the money. We saw the jungle, rivers, and the best part, a very small fishing village where the river meets the ocean. We thought we were on a movies set! We actually did two tours with Estigo.

Visited March 2013

Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun Excursion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

My friends and I did the ATV tour to Sayulita. The destination was so worth it! Our guide could have been a little more engaged with our group, but we still had fun wondering the town, grabbing some food on the beach, and attempting surfing. The ATV option was a great way to get us out of town, I would do it again!

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best way off the beaten track!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Whether you rent scooters or quads, have a guide or explore on your own, you can't go wrong using Estigo. Absolutely no worries of any shady business dealings with this company. Gonzalo and Bret really go out of their way to make any arrangements you may need. We took the Zip Line Tour by Scooter the first day. Waldo was our guide. It wasn't a busy day so we had him to ourselves. He took us to a few extra sights since we had extra time. What a fun day! We felt comfortable with the scooter so we took it out on our own the next day. Went all the way to Sayulita and stopped at beautiful beaches all along the way. Another great day. Definitely the parts of our trip that I will remember forever. Thanks again Gonzalo, Bret and Waldo.

Portland, Oregon
“The Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of us that all rented scooters and did the city tour with Brett. It was the perfect balance of freedom to drive ourselves around and being able to see the highlights of the city in a few hours. We fell in love with PV and will definately be back. We highly recommend Estigo! They made our experience very memorable!

Seattle, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I can't help but notice >100 people beat me to this...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a blast! I definitely recommend this. Having an ATV opened up whole new areas around PV for us. Gonzalo was very friendly and was more than happy to answer all the questions we had. He spoke perfect English (for anyone worried about understanding instructions on how to drive the ATV). He recommended a route to Sayulita (town up north, definitely worth checking out) that kept us off the freeway for a good amount of time, as well as provided some great views through Bucerios, Punta de Mita, and Nahui. The drive to Sayulita was about 45 min to an hour, with plenty of places to stop along the way.
I hadn’t driven an ATV or motorcycle on the road before and was a little nervous, but it was actually quite easy and, as long as you paid attention to the cars around you, not too stressful (my gf and I were a little nervous initially at the idea, because it’s not something either of us have ever done before, but we were attentive to the road and quickly became comfortable & had a great time). After we got back we drove through downtown a bit and went up the hill to get some views of the sunset and city. We parked it overnight (it came with a cable lock which we used whenever we stopped) at our resort lot and then took it down south along the coast to Boca de Tomatlan, which provided some great views and a fun drive through winding roads. We pulled into a small town on highway 200 after passing Boca and found a small tequila distillery, which was cool. Turns out that a lot of people come out to taste and buy tequila on busses from the city, but we managed to get our own private tour because there was no bus there at the moment.
All-in-all this was an amazing experience and we really enjoyed it. The staff was really flexible and actually was ok with us keeping it an extra hour if needed so we could make the trip down south before our next adventure. Throughout the day we used a total of about 10-12 liters of gas, which was suprising, considering we went from PV, to Sayulita, back to PV, drove around, then all the way south along the bay before driving it back to the shop. Also, we were provided with some off-road recommendations that sounded fun, but didn’t quite fit in our schedule. Next time.

TL;DR We Rented an ATV here and it was great. We were able to see a lot more of PV and the surrounding area than we would have if we’d taken a bus up to Sayulita or down to Boca de Tomatlan. It was lots of fun to drive, we had no mechanical issues, and the staff (owner?) was extremely helpful and friendly, as well as flexible with the return time/schedule. Price was cheaper than renting a jeep or car for the day. I absolutely recommend checking out Estigo Scooters if you’re in Puerto Vallarta and want to see some of the surrounding areas. No experience necessary, though I’d ask for a more thorough demonstration if you’re unsure on how to operate. Awesome adventure!

1 Thank Capn_Enor