“If you are going to dive in PV, choose Chico's Dive Shop”
Review of Chico's Dive Shop

Chico's Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Chico's Dive Shop, Since 1968. Much has changed over the years in the scuba business; the level of knowledge, equipment development, the teaching procedures, the dive boats, the global weather, ecological awareness and many other topics... we have experienced many changes in the past 44 years. We have learned a lot and we keep learning as the dive business continues to improve, as a dive operator we know scuba diving is about teaching, learning, enjoying, Sharing, relaxing, exploring, discovering, safety and making new friends.If you last 44 years in the dive business is because you know!!Rodolfo De Lamprecht
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were pleased with the reviews we read of the dive shop online, and we were pleased with their great prices. So we booked with them a 2 tank dive. If we werent going over to Punta de mita we would have definitely have loved to do some more dives with them. My husband and I recently recieved our Scuba certification here in Vegas (our experiences were all Lake dives). I was a little nervous as a new diver of my bouyancy and also diving for the first time in the Ocean. There were 6 of us total (with dive master) to dive, which was great! Loved the small group experience. I was worried as I dont know Spanish, but my husband knows some and the crew all spoke English enough to communicate with us when needed. They let us be on the boat ride over. We went out with Fausto as our Dive Master. He asked me if I had concerns or if he had to worry about me, haha. He gave me some boyancy tips, and the other experienced divers on the boat assured me this would be much easier without dealing with a wetsuit. Boy were they right. I was SO comfortable in the water. I tend to breathe alot of air without realizing i do it. Fausto gave me GREAT tips underwater at that on how to use the air slower. By the second dive I had TONS of air left, but my husband ran low before me this time. haha. We saw many great fish, and got to feed the fish. Fausto took pictures for us. I got to hold a puffer fish, and starfish. We saw eels. They saw moray and a giant turtle (of course right after we went up cause we were low on air!). This was my favorite part of our 6 day trip. If we ever go back I will do at least 2 days of diving (4 tanks) with these guys. They were professional, as in NO drinking/taking tequilla shots/etc on the boat. I so highly appreciated that. They werent some cheesy big commercialized dive group. Fausto said he has done over 1500 dives. They are very experienced. I will post some pictures soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have to admit, I didn't have very high expectations for this dive trip but I was very pleasantly surprised. We booked ahead and my group had a combination of divers and snorkelers. I signed up for the 2 tank dive and the Chico's staff was very helpful in getting equipment set up and even brought our luggage on board so we could pick up a water taxi from Los Arcos to head directly to Yelapa instead of having to return to PV.

While Los Arcos itself had a lot of boats in the area, our divemaster gave us great special attention and lead us away from the other groups. He was excellent at spotting wildlife and we saw spotted rays, eels, seahorse, sea cucumbers, tropical fish and even sea turtles in our dives. He also videotaped and took photos during our dive - sometimes these photo sessions lasted a little long as he would capture footage of each of the three divers in each situation which seemed a little taxing in the moment, however it is nice to have the pictures after the fact.

On my first dive, my regulator was a little uncomfortable (due to its size) and the staff gladly swapped it out before my second dive.

I've been spoiled diving in many supreme diving spots in the world and while the visibility wasn't perfect here, it was a very enjoyable dive and I would gladly recommend Chico's to anyone looking to snorkel or dive in PV.

Tip: Book your trip ahead of time via PayPal and save! Very reasonable prices - especially for the quality of service.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I wasn't expecting much from our dive in PV, but was totally surprised by how much we actually saw! We saw sea turtles, spotted rays, sea horses, eels and tons of other beautiful stuff!

Everyone from Chico's was super friendly and knowledgable. You can tell they know what they're doing and they love what they're doing! They were very helpful and gracious in accommodating us (5 ladies) with our luggage on the dive boat, as we hopped right over to another boat after our dives and were off to another destination. Our DM was very knowledgable and took tons of underwater photos of us I didn't even know I wanted until it was an option :)

Reserve online before your trip to get the discounted rate. Definitely a fun, easy, safe way to dive/snorkel in PV. Absolutely worth it!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Me and my wife had the best time during our snorkeling adventure while in Puerto Vallarta. Based upon other reviewers we chose to go with Chico's Dive Shop for our snorkeling needs! We were very impressed.

We booked our trip while in Puerto Vallarta, but tried to get the online booking to work, but never heard back from them (via online). We were still able to get a good deal in person, which goes to show how much they are willing to work with you for your business. I recommend trying to book online because the prices can be better, but in person is just as good for most services too!

Our snorkeling trip was with a few others who were scuba diving. We ended up going out to Los Arcos for the trip hitting two separate spots on our journey. The first was the main rock formation of Los Arcos with the second being the smaller formation with much higher reef formations for the snorkeling people. Our guide was able to bring up a few fish from the depths to show us what exactly was down there for the scuba folk, which was awesome!

On the way back our tour guides made us some of the best ceviche I have ever had! They caught the fish while we were diving and filet and made it on the way back! Great stuff.

I highly recommend using Chico's Dive Shop for your snorkeling and scuba diving needs. Although I didn't scuba another patron that was said this was one of the best scuba diving setups he has ever seen and his tour guide (Fausto) was one of the best dive masters he has ever worked with. Just some food for thought!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just got back from PV. My 14 y/o and I did a 2 tank dive. First time diving Pacific (we usually dive gulf and Caribbean) Loved our DM. Boat was not crowded at all. Boat crew handled all of our equipment set up...was not expecting that for $65 per person! Had one DM for just the two of us. He was wonderful in pointing out various sea life that we may have missed! He took a ton of photos and videos as did I. At the end of the dives, he offered to put the photos on CD and even deliver them to our hotel (which was 45 minutes away) for $35. SOLD! CD was delivered the next day and I was totally worth the $35!

If you are looking for a fancy boat and such, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a great dive with a knowledgeable dive staff, this is it!