“A view to inspire”

Ranked #154 of 1,028 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mexican restaurant family owned since 1969. Water front dinning, beautiful sunsets on the boardwalk, full bar.
San Diego, California
“A view to inspire”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my husband & my third visit to Viejo Vallarta in the past 5 years! We never tire of the amazing views, welcoming breeze, and creative menu. Our host, Javier, and his wait staff could not have been more hospitable. Javier's English is perfect and he was extremely helpful in recommending city & country sights for us to see.

As the evening ended Javier asked whether we had read the negative reviews about his place, on Trip Advisir (we had not). He was forthright and accountable for the misery a "bad apple" employee had wreaked on his restaurant's otherwise sterling reputation. The result = all credit card transactions are done table side and there is a renewed viligence in monitoring staff.

I recommend giving this place a try. If in doubt, bring currency. I trust at ainimum the view win't disappoint. The faire is wonderfully traditional (chicken mole was outstanding) and staff surprisingly accessible!

• Visited August 2013
viejovallarta, Gerente at Viejo Vallarta, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your great review we are very pleased that you have enjoyed your visit at Viejo Vallarta Mexican restaurant , we hope to see you again on your next visit to Puerto Valllarta.
Xavier Torres
Viejo Vallarta.

New Jersey
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were there on August 18, 2013 a Sunday night. The third floor view overlooking the malecon with the sun setting in the background was AMAZING. Javier the owner really made us feel like we were the only customers there, when really it was a nice crowd. The red snapper, seafood soup, calamari, long island ice teas, and margarita's were excellent. Shout out goes to Pancho our waiter!!!! Try this place you won't be disappointed!!

• Visited August 2013
viejovallarta, Gerente at Viejo Vallarta, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Hello thank you for your great review , we are very happy that everything went well during your visit to Viejo Vallarta , we hope to see you on your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Viejo Vallarta
Xaxier Torres
“What a view”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from PVR. Our group of ten ate at VV one night. The view was spectacular during sunset. We enjoyed our margaritas and the food was very good. As we are not all one family, we had asked for four separate cheques. With two accountants in the group, we found everything in order. And yes, we would both go again and recommend VV.

Visited August 2013
Spring, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BE AWARE”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was there on Aug 6,2013 with three other couples. We had a really good meal and enjoyed our time. We paid our bill three couples with credit cards and one with a debit. 4 days later I received an alert from my credit card company. When all the other three couples got home they checked their cc statements and found some fraudulent charges. Thank god the cc company reversed the charges. I think trip advisor should remove the accolade that I saw in the bathroom about the excellent service.

1 Thank Payupsucka
viejovallarta, Propietario at Viejo Vallarta, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
My name is Xavier Torres I am the owner of Viejo Vallarta Restaurant we are very sorry for your unpleasant situation regarding your credit card. We did have a waiter conducting in criminal activities in the restaurant, we did not know about these until recently it was brought to our attention by another costumer that had experience the same situation regarding their credit card.
These waiter has been fired and has been reported to the police we at Viejo Vallarta Restaurant are very sorry and we guarantee to all our possible future costumer and to all our return costumers that these conduct is not tolerated and that it will never happen again, in the present and future we will be more selective of our staff. These waiter has cost a lot of damage to our reputation and to our family and friends not to say that he has killed our rating on trip advisor. Once again me an my family apologize to all that in some way have been affected.
Chicago, Illinois
“Thieves!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I dined at Viejo Vallarta on July 19,2013.. I used my debit card and shortly thereafter, several fraudulent transactions appeared on my account totaling almost $500. In researching this issue, I came across another review of this restaurant which was written three months ago by a Mr. Mercer, who had the same experience. He had over $3000 worth of fraudulent activity on his account. Clearly this continues to be an issue at this restaurant and they have chosen not to do anything about it.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Tere4911
viejovallarta, Propietario at Viejo Vallarta, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hello Theresa my name is Xavier Torres I am the owner of Viejo Vallarta Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta.. I am Sorry that these unpleasant situation has happen to you but we at Viejo Vallarta take great pride in serving our customers with respect and love we are not thieves, we try to keep always trustworthy employees at all times did you make any other usage of your debit card any ware else before visiting our restaurant. they have been many complaints of fraudulent atm on the boardwalk , maybe you used your card in another establishment. I do have a credit card charge on july 19 2013 at 15:56:26 for the amount of $530 pesos with a gratuity of 106 pesos in the total amount of $636 pesos these is the only charge that I have on these day if you wish I can e mail you a copy of your receipt and a copy of the closing receipt that shows only these transaction on that date. We are very interested on getting to the bottom of these situation. From the Mercer incident that was cleared I have installed wireless electronic credit card machines so your waiter can charge your bill on your credit or debit card at your table so your credit or debit card never leaves your sight. Did your waiter take the credit card machine to your table, can you please describe your waiter please let us know so we can take care of these situation your review is very important to us and we thank you for bringing these situation to our attention. I am sending my private e mail address in case you want to contact me for any further clarifications.. thank you again for time... bxtp@yahoo.com