“Chicken enchiladas mole! Ole!”
Review of Restaurant Gaby's

Restaurant Gaby's
Ranked #56 of 1,095 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Delicious!
An excellent meal!
Enjoyed sitting on rooftop terrace for dinner.
Wish they had a kids menu though.

The "cafe especial" really was a special treat. Will definitely return to Gaby's on next trip to PV

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Arrived about 6:30 and we were the only patrons there. Another couple arrived shortly after and they had a coupon that the waiters did not want to honor (It was for a free guacamole) and they were not nice about it.
I ordered coconut shrimp because I was in the mood for that and the menu description sounded so good ...served on mashed potatoes, with roasted beetroot and caramel mango sauce. It came served with a tiny bit of rice served on top of a grilled pineapple slice. there were 5 medium shrimp for $240 pesos, not a great deal. Partner had the tortilla soup which was very good and shrimp tacos that were just ok. The sauce was mayo with slices of dill pickle mixed in.
We went because we had heard the place was a traditional landmark in PV and was fantastic. Well, maybe 10 years ago it was, but not this time around.

1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you want an authentic Mexican meal this is the place. The service was entertaining and friendly.Food was so fresh and flavourful. The atmosphere was absolutely picturesque, yet traditional. This restaurant totally embodies what I imagined an authentic Mexican meal experience would be.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We went here as part of a Food Tour. We tasted the Brown and green mole. Both were great, but to my preference I would recommend the green mole.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stopped by today for lunch. We had planned on another restaurant, but sometimes on Sundays not all places are open. Gabys was open and we were delighted. We have eaten there before with a great breakfast of huevos divorciados. I really can't remember the dinner years ago, that is I can't remember exactly what we had, but I do remember them making gaucamole at the table for us. It was delicious. Lunch today was very good. We had great service. The beer was very cold as was the very generous pour of chilled chardonnay for my wife. I had the shrimp enchilada and couldn't eat all of it. It was so very tasty but I can't eat everything put before me or I'll have to buy more clothes in a larger size. My lovely wife had the shrimp tacos and devoured every bite. I wish I had her metabolism. We will return for dinner before we leave.