“Second time: just as exciting and thrilling”

GO GAY! Jungle Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Gay or straight... you are welcomed with open arms on our brief 10 minute journey from Old Town in Puerto Vallarta takes us to El Nogalito, a jungle sanctuary cradled inside the base of the Sierra Madre Mountains with a full service restaurant, bar, tequila tasting, hiking trails, and eleven exhilarating canopy ziplines to carry you over the jungle below. The professionally trained staff at El Nogalito will ensure your safety and instruct you on your equipment use, and our facility uses only the best equipment including Petzl harnesses. With only minimal hiking or climbing needed, soon you will find yourself 250 feet over the river valley below as you speed down 11 different cables as long as 500 plus feet. Then it's off to enjoy Tequila sampling and a traditional Mexican grill lunch riverside. Choose from a delicious menu of beef, chicken, or vegetarian fajitas, grilled quesadillas, nachos, tortilla soup, or chile rellenos, plus a free margarita on us. After lunch, we are transported back to your property of choice in Puerto Vallarta in time for you to enjoy an afternoon at the beach, a quick siesta, massage, or continue your day at one of the local restaurants or bars. Photos are provided for download online for FREE plus your lunch and a margarita are provided for FREE! Minimum Age 4 years. Weight Limit 250 lbs.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Second time: just as exciting and thrilling”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My partner and I had so much fun last year we decided to make this our only repeat excursion in PV this last visit. Being up in the jungle and zipping for hours on this property is amazing. The guides offer to take you upside down, backwards, 360 sometimes you get to go extra times. They really have fun and know how to show you a good time. The know good english as well. The GoGay concierges take your photos and upload them to facebook and picassa so they are available immediately to you & your friends! Tequilia tasting, margarita and a nice lunch under the canopy on the river is all included. It's really a great day.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Christopher H

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fab!”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Was skeptical about taking this tour as im kind of chicken when it comes to heights, but im so glad i did. Had an awesome time with the group and was a great way to end my vacation in PV. These guys truly go out of there way to make your tour worthwhile.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank fabeww
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
“The tour guides did an excellent job of keeping my partner and I at all times safe.”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Bring swimming trunks for the swim at the end of the river hike.

Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
“Flying through the air”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

When my friends first mentioned zip lining to me my immediate reaction was "sure. why not". Then we arrived up in the forest and with my helmet and safety harness on and the first line looming in front of me it became very real. And I had an amazing time. Andrew and Logan really take care of their folks. Andrew and MyOwnConcierge really took care of any and everything from trips to the botanical gardens, to where to eat, where to live, where to go out, even the best places to exchange money. I would highly recommend them for those gay folks traveling. Through Andrew and Logan and MyOwnConcierge you also meet guys from all over that you might not meet otherwise. There were 20 guys on the zip lining trip. I met some really cool people. If you're planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta definitely do it through them. They're the best.

Visited December 2011
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Jorge de la Selva”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I booked a canopy ziplining tour with Go Gay Puerto Vallarta. There was only one other person from SF and myself in the group, so we got to hang out a lot with Andrew, the owner, and had runs entirely to our small little group. Cute Mexican tour guides showed us the rope (no pun intended) and after a few basics, we were on our way!

First two lines were pretty much for practice only, but #3 isn’t called “OMG” for nothing! It’s your first long run across the jungle ravine, and it truly brings out the “OMG” from you!
A few more more runs (11 in total) brought us across ravines, rivers and one even took us through a tunnel in the mountain.

Andrew took care of taking our pictures (which he’ll post on Facebook for guest to download from) and Paco & Javi made sure we didn’t make fools of ourselves, or worse, plummet to our deaths.

Gotta say, even though I freak out from being on balconies in highrises (ugh, that dreadful feeling of being on the edge), after the first few runs, you forget about your fears and you enjoy the exhilarating feeling from gliding across the jungle tops and seeing mountains and the Pacific ocean to the left and right of you. Really felt like “Jorge de la Selva” = “George of the Jungle”.

After ziplining, you’re taken through a tequila demonstration where you learn all about the various kinds of tequilas (and tricked into buying a $60 bottle of reposado, worth it IMHO). Then you’re treated to lunch riverside as you re-live all the activities of the morning.

Visited December 2011