“Wonderful Family Restaurant”

Taqueria Fonda El Buen Gusto
Ranked #295 of 1,014 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: tel 222-2240
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Family Restaurant”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a family owned restaurant and the food is make as you order it. My husband and I have eaten here many times and the food is great. Breakfast is very reasonable and at a good price. We would go at lunch and have chicken nachos and shrimp tacos. Both are very good.

Go for a massage next door at Metamorfosis Day Spa and stop here for lunch.

• Visited February 2013

Bozeman, Montana
“Best food in all of Pto. Vallarta”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I ate here once and loved it so much, we went back again the next day! The service was also amazing: no intrusions and no fawning, there when needed, and just honest hospitality.
Also, their chiles rellenos are amazing. This restaurant offers real authentic, homemade, Mexican food. And I can say I am a tough critic since there is no Mexican food like my mom's.

• Visited August 2012
Palm Springs, California
“Good food and a great price”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Food was prepared fresh and service was a little lacking, but great value none the less I enjoyed the shrimp tacos especially.

Visited July 2012
wisconsin
“Must have been an off day”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is always a go to place for us when coming to Puerto Vallarta. This visit was not one of their finest. I was told the beer I ordered was not cold, so I switched to another brand. Unfortunately, the other brand was also warm. The strawberry margarita looked almost like pink lemonade, and had very little strawberry taste. My fish tacos came with soggy greasy fish. Could not even finish them. The wife's cheese quesadilla came sans cheese. Very disappointed this trip. We have always had good food and service here. Maybe they just had an off day. Will stop again next trip, and hopefully they will get back to the good food we have had in the past.

• Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“We love this place!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Super casual and "rustic" place serving great traditional food. The service is always good and the cervesas are always cold at this off the beaten path place!