Tripadvisor
Puerto Vallarta

“LOVE this place! Been here”
Review of Margarita Grill

Margarita Grill
Ranked #152 of 1,367 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

LOVE this place! Been here for a week and we’ve visited three times! Great drinks and even better food! Honestly though, plate for plate, some of the best food I’ve had here. I don’t drink alcohol anymore, but their pineapple/ginger blended (virgin) margarita is my favorite drink in PV.

Definitely get the cheese margarita. The fish tacos are pretty darn good also.

The DJ playing music 24/7 gives it a fun atmosphere and makes you want to dance right there in your chair, but can definitely make conversation difficult for larger parties.

Price is pretty on point, IMO.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tableside Guac was very cool and a big hit with the kids. We also ordered the mixed fish ceviche which even had octopus! Very tasty. I did not love the lime Margarita even though they claimed to have the best in town. I was expecting a bit more kick and did not like the way they were served in a metal chalice? Also it was very very loud... music wise and people wise so it was hard to have a conversation. If you were a group looking to start a fun night this is a good place to go with good food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've eaten at the Margarita Grill on Basilio Badillo before, and have been satisfied with the food and service, but I have never had their coconut shrimp Caesar salad. It was a delight! There were about fourteen of us and we were all served at the same time and nobody who ordered hot entrees received cold food. That was a welcome and unexpected surprise. I was quite hungry and dreaded being served last and having to look at others happily eating...glad that didn't happen, it has in other restaurants! Everyone liked what they ordered and the orders ran the menu gamut. I way over tipped, but I suspect that it made up for those who don't. I will return to the Margarita Grill and will also recommend the restaurant to my friends.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Love this place so mucho! We were here a week for our birthdays and pretty much ended up back there every night. Drinks are huge and strong, food was delicious... best fettuccini alfredo I've had. Service is excellent and there's so much to see. Music is a little loud but its a very upbeat..happening place with people dancing.. Singing.. Having a great time!

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We love coming here. So fun. The day we arrived tons of rain and it still felt like an adventure. The food is good the margaritas over the top.