“Poor Customer Service after Bad Drink”
Review of Margarita Grill

Margarita Grill
Ranked #152 of 1,302 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a PV local, and rental property owner, with over 300 guests every year - I often sent our guests to Margarita Grill touting how good their drinks are!

My bad...I hadn’t visited personally in a number of months until May this year and ordered their cadillac margarita - looking forward to a really great tasting LARGE drink ($400 pesos they charge for it!)

THE WORST DRINK AND THE WORST MARGARITA EVER! I complained, the manager said the bartender was new and offered to take the drink off our check. My friend paid for the tab, and I later found out that they had NOT taken the drink off the tab. So $400 pesos for a drink I never drank, and even worse...a bad taste in my mouth from the experience.

That will end all of my referrals to Margarita Grill - that one bad drink and failure to make it right will cost them thousands of dollars in lost business. Too bad!

Date of visit: May 2019
magarita2019, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Margarita Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write you’re review, it’s very important for us you’re observations so we can rectify our errors. We hope you give us a second opportunity to serve you once again, Margarita grill will always be your home

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Margarita Grill not only has a beautiful atmosphere with live music but the homemade table side guacamole made by Humberto was the best guacamole I had after sampling several different restaurants in the area. Nestor was not only friendly and spoke great English as well but his recommendation of the chicken burrito was perfect. He was so friendly and made use feel so welcome. It was a perfect way to end the vacation. ¡Gracias Nestor!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Cosmopolitan754677
magarita2019, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Margarita Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi, thank you very much for your comment, it was a pleasure to serve you

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

We pretended to wait in the consistently impressive line at Pancho’s Tacos before giving up because we were too hungry.

We wandered down the street and skeptically sat down at Margarita Grill’s bar. Deterred by the overly commercial/ tourist trap-like name, my husband and I were not expecting much.

After our first taste, we shut up and slammed down our food! It was incredible!

We had started off with margaritas, of course. My husband loved his coconut margarita and I liked my mango margarita, but didn’t realize the glass would be lined with chamoy which I’m not a big fan of. Basically I was just trying to drink the inside and leave the outer ring like a 5 year old not wanting my bread crusts.

After asking the bartender what was good for food there, we took him up on his recommendation, molcajetes mixto. A mixture of chicken, steak, shrimp, and andouille sausage cooked to perfection in a piping hot stone mortar bowl. Along with cooked onion, green bell pepper, and pineapple in a green sauce, the flavors were DIVINE!

Served with corn tortillas, we basically made tacos using the dish as filling.

The dish was preceded by homemade salsa made table side to your preferred taste.

The meal inspired us to return another night to order the exact same thing!

Loved my piña colada on the second night!

Molcajetes are a game changer!!! Try it!

1  Thank jennyphan09
magarita2019, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Margarita Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us your experience, it was a pleasure to assist you, a greeting from all the staff.

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

The place is so nice, margaritas super cool, about the food they made your salsa at your table using a mortero so nice, different choices sea food, chicken and more food. The staff is super attentive and all is enjoyable

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank enghelicious M

Hi, thank you very much for your comment, it was a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed June 1, 2019

This corner restaurant has become wildly popular in recent years because of their consistent food, drinks and service. The wide variety of flavored margaritas and tableside guacamole make it worth a visit. If you've never had it, be sure to try the Mocajete....delicious and really enough for 2 people to share!

1  Thank greginfl0503
magarita2019, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Margarita Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Hi, thanks for your comment, it was a pleasure to serve you