“Great Presidential suites”

Ranked #51 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Presidential suites”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We upgraded to the presidential suite, and we loved it. There were 3 of us, and this worked well. The kitchen had granite countertops and stainless steel refrigerator, 2 bathrooms, 2 TV's and 2 balcony's. The maid service is very good, but you do get charged for it. I opted for a cleaning every other day. This time of year is their rainy season, but it doesn't rain all day, and it is a great time to go to this area. Not as crowded. Service at the pool is great. Pools are clean, the grounds are immaculate. There are iguanas in the area every day. We had massages and they were a great price and very relaxing. The facial was equally as good and relaxing. I used the computer center located by the hotel every day and they were helpful and friendly. As usual with time share deals they are persistent..beware the 45 min presentation is really 3 hours of interrogation, although it included brunch with the mariachi band, which was very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Allentown
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

If you love adventure, food, & the excitement, Vallarta is the place for you. The best timeshare location to make this happen is the Buganvillas Vacation Club. This is a beautiful maintained property within walking distance to the Malacon(downtown Vallarta)
The beach is rocky but the view is spectacular.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank lexus95
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Do not, I repeat, do not stay at this hotel. I booked two one-bedroom rooms through RCI. I emailed the hotel asking for adjoining rooms. When we arrived, we were given two one-bedrooms next door to each other. The rooms were in the oldest part of the resort. Although they were very clean, the furniture, fixtures, etc. looked like they were left over from the Brady Bunch house. You could open the windows and see the ocean but no balcony. But who wants a balcony when most of the view was of an ugly vacant lot. The bedrooms were very dark.

I asked to be moved and was told these were the rooms that RCI picked for us. I didn't care who picked the rooms. I wanted to be moved. And I then spent probably an hour of my vaca trying to get it accomplished. If the hotel had been full, I could have maybe understood their reluctance to move us. But if this hotel was even half full, I would have been very surprised. There was hardly anyone there. So I'm sure there were plenty of rooms to spare. After a very long discussion, we were moved to presidential suites in another part of the resort. When they call them presidential suites, that term is used very loosely. I can't imagine a president of anything staying in these rooms.

The rooms were much smaller. They each had their own door but connected with a foyer at the main door that opened onto the main hallway. One side was more like a hotel room with a (I think) king bed and a full bathroom and small table with two chairs. The other room had a murphy bed that was really hard, a bathroom with a shower only, a pretty spacious kitchen, and a really small sitting area. The sitting area consisted of a couch which really was a very skinny mattress type thing with two bolsters for backing. It was so narrow you could not sit on it comfortably with the bolsters because it was so narrow. They were doing construction. So starting at about 7-8 in the morning you could hear the jackhammering. Even outside by the pool, it was very disruptive.

But to give credit where credit is due, the new rooms were definitely a step up albeit much smaller. They were bright with lots of sunshine. We were on the 22nd floor. So we had balconies overlooking the pool and ocean. The view was beautiful. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The wait staff in the pool area were extremely friendly. Housekeeping kept our rooms very clean.

We signed up for a timeshare presentation at the Sheraton sister hotel next door merely to get resort credit. And I was very up front about that. We were offered $250 US, free wi-fi for the week which would have been about $70 US (the wi-fi sucked by the way), and a discount at the spa. When we went the next morning for the presentation, they wouldn't honor the agreement which was in writing by the way. The manager tried to take the slip from us. Fortunately we were a little quicker on the draw and grabbed it back. I have no doubt it would have ended up in the round file. After discussing the deal with the manager at the resort side who made us the offer, they decided to honor the agreement. The man who showed us the resort was very nice. The closer who came after him was extremely rude. Then the last person we were handed off to propositioned my daughter. I didn't hear the exchange. It's a good thing for him. When she declined his offer, he said she could rest the next day. He just wanted to celebrate his birthday like she was a ho. This is totally unacceptable.

We were given copies of written receipts for everything except the resort credit. When I asked for a copy, they refused and said they didn't have a copy machine, big fat lie. Another manager had to be called. She wouldn't give us a copy either. I was given a copy of the original agreement and told to trust her. Funny how they found a copy machine for that. So we wasted most of our second day there messing with something that should have taken a couple hours at the most. We did have an excellent brunch, though. But if you want to eat there on your own, it was $25 US, extremely expensive.

Other reviewers say it is just a short walk to town. Short walk is a relative term. It is right on the outskirts of town. And we did walk back and forth a couple of times. But it is a long, hot walk to Old Town. We did figure out the bus system, though. It was anywhere from 15-30 pesos for the three of us each time we took the bus. It must depend on the bus driver. If you want to be where the action is, definitely find a place in Old Town. And definitely do not stay here under any circumstances.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Mary F
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Buganvilias Vacation Club, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Mary:

We appreciate your thorough review after your visit to the Buganvilias Vacation Club.

We deeply regret your disconcert with your room accommodations and underestand your feelings about the way the sales staff deal with your family, please accecept our sincere apologies.

We will review our current costumer service approach procedures and sales techniques to convene with our guest expectations. Appropriate action will be taken to correct our miscalculation and prevent recurrence to any of our respected guests.

We appreciate your recognition for the beauty of the environment, and the warm and friendly service strenghts of our staff. Your opinion will contribute to improve our sales operations and guest satisfaction.

Please feel free to contact me our our Memebers Services Manager so we can investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

Sincerely
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I just returned from two weeks at the Buganvilias Vacation Club.. I wish I was back right now. I loved my time there. The staff couldn't be more helpful. Any unit problems are dealt with swiftly.

I know I was there in the low season, but with the pool right outside your door, the bay just off to you left, the ocean breeze ruffling your hair, the warmth and humidity just don't matter. In Chicago, the weather is similar, but the amenities are missing.

There is a family feel to the club. You are treated like someone who has been away and has come home to the family that missed them. "Welcome home" is not just a mantra, they really mean it and demonstrate the depth of their desire for you to have the best vacation possible.

The beauty of the grounds, the landscaping, the flowers, the people make this a perfect vacation for me.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the ocean are my favorite. I love to listen to the waves.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clayton W
Venice, California, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Walking distance from the all the shops, restaurants, and bars. Beautiful grounds, I love all the beautiful flowers and the iguanas living within the vegetation. Very kind and friendly staff with top security watching over the resort.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Nicole A
CLINTON
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We sat on the balcony and watched the workers every day ... even mowing in the rain. The Buganvilias is very well maintained and a beautiful resort. We want to thank Patricia Delgado for all she did and being there for us, a great lady. It was great talking with Alejandro and Jennie in the lobby area. Buganvilias is close to grocery stores and the malecon and town, all within walking distance. I would recommend it to anyone - give it a try!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bguinn
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Buganvilias Vacation Club, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Club Member:

With great enthusiasm we have read about your gratifying experience in our resort and in our lovely Puerto Vallarta,

It is our ambition to be the best hotel resort in town and comply with our guest expectations. We will print out your comments and share them with our staff, they will be thrilled to know your kindhearted consideration for the excellent service rendered to you and your wife. Patricia will receive your warm appreciation for performing a fine role with our Club Members.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings with us, and look forward to your next visit to the Buganvilias Vacation Club.

Sincerely
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been a member for six years. This years saw some greatly needed improvements. Internet is available in all rooms and is of high quality; TV service has been improved with additional channels; new pool umbrellas that are large and well placed. New towel system that is easy to use. Great experience and a wonderful room. I like the upgrades, but would have preferred a stove and oven rather than a dishwasher.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo