“Want a Perfect Vacation”

Buganvilias Vacation Club
Ranked #51 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Palatine, Illinois
“Want a Perfect Vacation”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I just returned from two weeks at the Buganvilias Vacation Club.. I wish I was back right now. I loved my time there. The staff couldn't be more helpful. Any unit problems are dealt with swiftly.

I know I was there in the low season, but with the pool right outside your door, the bay just off to you left, the ocean breeze ruffling your hair, the warmth and humidity just don't matter. In Chicago, the weather is similar, but the amenities are missing.

There is a family feel to the club. You are treated like someone who has been away and has come home to the family that missed them. "Welcome home" is not just a mantra, they really mean it and demonstrate the depth of their desire for you to have the best vacation possible.

The beauty of the grounds, the landscaping, the flowers, the people make this a perfect vacation for me.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the ocean are my favorite. I love to listen to the waves.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clayton W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Venice, California, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Walking distance from the all the shops, restaurants, and bars. Beautiful grounds, I love all the beautiful flowers and the iguanas living within the vegetation. Very kind and friendly staff with top security watching over the resort.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Nicole A
CLINTON
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We sat on the balcony and watched the workers every day ... even mowing in the rain. The Buganvilias is very well maintained and a beautiful resort. We want to thank Patricia Delgado for all she did and being there for us, a great lady. It was great talking with Alejandro and Jennie in the lobby area. Buganvilias is close to grocery stores and the malecon and town, all within walking distance. I would recommend it to anyone - give it a try!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bguinn
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Buganvilias Vacation Club, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Club Member:

With great enthusiasm we have read about your gratifying experience in our resort and in our lovely Puerto Vallarta,

It is our ambition to be the best hotel resort in town and comply with our guest expectations. We will print out your comments and share them with our staff, they will be thrilled to know your kindhearted consideration for the excellent service rendered to you and your wife. Patricia will receive your warm appreciation for performing a fine role with our Club Members.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings with us, and look forward to your next visit to the Buganvilias Vacation Club.

Sincerely
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been a member for six years. This years saw some greatly needed improvements. Internet is available in all rooms and is of high quality; TV service has been improved with additional channels; new pool umbrellas that are large and well placed. New towel system that is easy to use. Great experience and a wonderful room. I like the upgrades, but would have preferred a stove and oven rather than a dishwasher.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went with my wife and son, i absolutely loved this place. Room was super clean, had a real good ocean sight room. Management was wonderful and real helpful. Planning on staying there next summer. I will recommend this place to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris T
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Buganvilias Vacation Club, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Chris:

Thank you for writing a review about your stay in our destination. The popularity of our resort resides on a privileged proximity to downtown, the beauty of its surrounding and the friendliness of the staff.

Our gratitude for your high appreciation and for planning a future visit with your family, we certainly look forward to your return.

Warm regards
Las Vegas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I have owned a presidential unit at this resort since 1995 and we just love it. The grounds are just beautiful and the pools and jacuzzi top-notch. It is an added bonus to be able to use the Sheraton pool and restaurants as well. Downtown is really close and there are restaurants within walking distance. Wi-Fi was recently added and was a welcome addition for us. We do not hesitate to return as often as possible. Puerto Vallarta is our favorite destination.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irishlassLasVegas
NW Ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I feel that it is really important that you read this entire review as you, as a vacationer, may not be annoyed by the same items that annoy me. I've been staying at the Sheraton Buganvilias for at least 30 years. The location to the center of town is excellent and the grounds and pool areas are truly beautiful. For the past few years, I have been staying as a guest in a timeshare that is owned by a coworker. It is also very nice....well, much more than just nice. It is oceanfront, two bedroom, two bathroom, with a wrap around balcony that faces the ocean and the town. Three large flat screen TV's, kitchen with full fridge and dishwasher, etc. I can't say enough positive comments about this particular timeshare. The daily maid service is truly wonderful with pleasant, smiling staff that go above and beyond. If you stay here, tip them very well. They deserve every peso.

Now, here are the negatives. Again, it may mean nothing to you but it bothers me so much that I have to downgrade my review from what could be a 5 to a 3. First and the most annoying of all are the timeshare vendors. They grab you as soon as you check in and pester you continually when you are in view. I always unplug the phones as they want you to attend their "breakfast" to receive your 20% off as an owner or guest of an owner and will call you to find out why you haven't stopped by. How 'bout just giving me the 20% off. They are parked at desks that are right outside of the elevators and also by the entrance so that they can get you coming and going. I felt that I had to find ways to get around them such as sneaking through the pool area. I couldn't relax and isn't that what vacation is all about? It gets worse every year that I stay at this complex. I was actually reprimanded for not talking to them one morning. "You haven't spoken to us yet." If I want to talk to you I can do it without the constant harassment. I mustn't forget the reminders that are slipped under the door. How about slipping a 20% off coupon under the door if that is what you really want me to have.

Next, they wanted to spray for insects while I was there. Are you kidding me? I have food around. I certainly don't want pesticide on my bananas. You do that sort of thing when guests are not staying for the week.

A couple of days before I left, 280 college students checked into the hotel for a convention. I thought that it would be pretty intense. Well actually it was okay other than for about 30 of them that seemed to blow off the convention. They decided to hang out at the pool that has music playing. It is a hit a miss on the music but fine for the most part and I like to listen to it. Well, one group brought out a stereo and had the bar staff set it up on the bar. Others brought out "boom boxes" therefore you had 4 or 5 types of competing music being played. Not at all relaxing. The pool staff had no issue with this, but many others including myself had to leave that particular pool. They were completely controlling it. If you want to listen to different music by the pool, then you use headphones. I found this behavior TOTALLY unacceptable. The students appeared to be all inclusive as the drinks were liberally handed out and I never saw money or any signing of tabs. What about those of us that tipped the wait staff well?

Anyway, use your own judgment. I could never totally relax.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends