Buganvilias Vacation Club
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$498
$296
$338
$278
Bookit.com
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$215
$145
Bookit.com
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$83
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$294
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$255
$214
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$476
$272
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$330
$268
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$124
  • Beachfront
All reviewstime sharemember servicesmega grocery storethrough rciclose to townlocated within walking distanceempty lottimeshare ownersone bedroom unitsecond homemaid service isliving roomhotel poolmariachi bandmexican fiestafull kitchenfacing the ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I have owned a presidential unit at this resort since 1995 and we just love it. The grounds are just beautiful and the pools and jacuzzi top-notch. It is an added bonus to be able to use the Sheraton pool and restaurants as well. Downtown is really close and there are restaurants within walking distance. Wi-Fi was recently added and was a welcome addition for us. We do not hesitate to return as often as possible. Puerto Vallarta is our favorite destination.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irishlassLasVegas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I feel that it is really important that you read this entire review as you, as a vacationer, may not be annoyed by the same items that annoy me. I've been staying at the Sheraton Buganvilias for at least 30 years. The location to the center of town is excellent and the grounds and pool areas are truly beautiful. For the past few years, I have been staying as a guest in a timeshare that is owned by a coworker. It is also very nice....well, much more than just nice. It is oceanfront, two bedroom, two bathroom, with a wrap around balcony that faces the ocean and the town. Three large flat screen TV's, kitchen with full fridge and dishwasher, etc. I can't say enough positive comments about this particular timeshare. The daily maid service is truly wonderful with pleasant, smiling staff that go above and beyond. If you stay here, tip them very well. They deserve every peso.

Now, here are the negatives. Again, it may mean nothing to you but it bothers me so much that I have to downgrade my review from what could be a 5 to a 3. First and the most annoying of all are the timeshare vendors. They grab you as soon as you check in and pester you continually when you are in view. I always unplug the phones as they want you to attend their "breakfast" to receive your 20% off as an owner or guest of an owner and will call you to find out why you haven't stopped by. How 'bout just giving me the 20% off. They are parked at desks that are right outside of the elevators and also by the entrance so that they can get you coming and going. I felt that I had to find ways to get around them such as sneaking through the pool area. I couldn't relax and isn't that what vacation is all about? It gets worse every year that I stay at this complex. I was actually reprimanded for not talking to them one morning. "You haven't spoken to us yet." If I want to talk to you I can do it without the constant harassment. I mustn't forget the reminders that are slipped under the door. How about slipping a 20% off coupon under the door if that is what you really want me to have.

Next, they wanted to spray for insects while I was there. Are you kidding me? I have food around. I certainly don't want pesticide on my bananas. You do that sort of thing when guests are not staying for the week.

A couple of days before I left, 280 college students checked into the hotel for a convention. I thought that it would be pretty intense. Well actually it was okay other than for about 30 of them that seemed to blow off the convention. They decided to hang out at the pool that has music playing. It is a hit a miss on the music but fine for the most part and I like to listen to it. Well, one group brought out a stereo and had the bar staff set it up on the bar. Others brought out "boom boxes" therefore you had 4 or 5 types of competing music being played. Not at all relaxing. The pool staff had no issue with this, but many others including myself had to leave that particular pool. They were completely controlling it. If you want to listen to different music by the pool, then you use headphones. I found this behavior TOTALLY unacceptable. The students appeared to be all inclusive as the drinks were liberally handed out and I never saw money or any signing of tabs. What about those of us that tipped the wait staff well?

Anyway, use your own judgment. I could never totally relax.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed June 5, 2013

For the past seven years we have enjoyed our stays at the Sheraton Buganvilias Vacation Club. We've gone from a studio to a presidential and last year made the investment in the beautiful sky suite on the top floor. This resort has so much going for it, which benefits their guests. The grounds are meticulous and when we go each year in May everything is in bloom and just beautiful. We've been very pleased with the quality and quanity of food in the restaurants and when eating poolside. The wait staff really takes care of the guest. We look forward to the Sunday champagne brunch every year, and the variety just keeps on getting better! It's very relaxing...stay as long as you want and listen to the mariachis and the vocals and enjoy the champagne!

It was always so nice to come back to our suite after a hot day around the pool and have it beautifully made up with all of Juana's special touches. The concierge was always helpful and went that extra mile in answering our questions when trying out a new restaurant. From the towel attendants, to the luggage assistants, the restaurant servers, the front desk people, and the grounds keepers, we have nothing but praise for the jobs they do and their pride in doing so.

We walk the Malecon every night and enjoy the atmosphere. It's vibrant with performances, vendors, families and the multitude of restaurants. We are always there for Puerto Vallarta's "Restaurant Week" actually running the last two weeks of the month. Each year we celebrate a May birthday at The River Cafe with a wonderful dinner and music. The food is exceptional and service impeccable. We also enjoy dinner and breakfast at Vitea on the Malecon with open air (and inside) seating across from the sea wall. But one that we visit several times each trip for lunch, dinner, or just stop by for drinks is Cafe Roma Mexico on Encino along the river. Great people, food and value.

Already thinking of our next vacation at the Sheraton Buganvilias Vacation Club!

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean and pool views. If you go to a presentation don't miss visiting the top floor with the Imperial, Sky, and Loft Suites. You will be impressed!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ron23_12
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The only thing that I feel that was Not up to par was the room they put us in. They totally could've done better than that. The thing is they initially gave me a shottier room and they move me to that one (1471). Things I didn't like: the shower/bath didn't drain properly - I had to routinely turn the water off to let it drain before continuing, the view wasn't good - I faced an ugly lot, the tv was soooo old - forget about flat screen, the ac leaked water all over the floor - although they took care of it right away. The property was Really nice though - and the people were very nice and personal. But dang it - they will rush the hell out of you to go on a "presentation". Don't come here if you're wanting and needing a nice beach - it's way too rocky (too many rocks) and the waves are not good for kiddos. They have a mexican fiesta on Thursdays that we missed but heard it's awesome. The breakfast buffet is great - loved the assortment of fresh juices and the live music while we ate. Please, you gotta have a relaxing massage on the beach - all of them are great but ask for Ramona if she's working. They Kept the drinks flowing at the pool and have great happy hour times (12pm - 1pm) and (4pm - 5pm). They play nice music while at the pool - not too overbearing but very relaxing and keeps you in the vacay mode. I liked thier activities they had available - pool volleyball, water areobics (not just for old people - although I didn't participate), table tennis (horrible table though, needs replacing), I even took spanish lessons. Oh an something else, they Keep this place Clean, you'll Always see someone cleaning or scrubbing something.

Room Tip: Not 1471!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChikaLadybug
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Buganvilias Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Mary Kay:

With great concern I learnt about your experience during your stay, we deeply regret your disconcert for the maintenance issues you encounter in your room, please accept our apologies. We appreciate your insight and will address the areas of improvement you have pointed out.

We also appreciate your highlighting the positive aspects of your remarks about the food assortment in our restaurants and the skills of the massage therapists of our SPA.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings with us, and look forward to your next visit to the Buganvilias Vacation Club.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was an RCI Exchange. We traveled with a couple who had never been to Mexico before.
The check-in took at least 30 minutes with only 2 front desk people available. All the times that we had traveled to various resorts in Mexico; we never waited this long. We asked for an ocean view room & was given a 2 bedroom unit on the 15th floor overlooking the pool with a partial view of the ocean which turned out to be fine. We had a unit in the corner; not sure what direction it was facing since we could not get a good view of the sunset since the trees and building was in our focus.

Our only issue was we could not enjoy the hot tub/jacuzzi at this resort because the water was lukewarm and not set to temperature. We tried sitting in the hot tub/jacuzzi a couple of times and the water temperature was always the same. One of the staff mentioned that people were complaining that the water was too hot.....

Also, I found the bath/shower hard to get in since I was 5 months post total knee replacement. But thanks to the grab bars; I was able to climb in unassisted. The grab bars were a great idea since the bath tub/shower was so deep. The great thing about this resort was the water pressure. Unbelievably powerful; which worked as a body massage and there was a seat to sit on to let the water pressure soothe the body!!!

Overall, we enjoyed staying at this resort. The staff were friendly and always willing to accommodate us. This is a great place for families. There was a Kiddie Zone area for the kids. We enjoyed watching the Iguanas. We only saw them on a Thursday while sitting at poolside but never saw them again???

We would stay at this resort again........

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple