“Beautiful Gardens!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Diego
“Beautiful Gardens!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed for one week and wanted more!! The new remodeled Sky Suites are amaizing. Grounds are beautiful. This peaceful and quiet location is just walking distance to the malecon down town.From the gardens to the service and everything in between, Buganvilias Resort has it all. We love the sunday brunch and the mariachis .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michele P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently stayed at this resort and really enjoyed it. I was nervous before going as I had heard that they don't treat RCI people very well, and posted about that.

Upon my arrival, I was met at the front desk personally by the front desk manager, Hector. He informed me that I was being given my internet free for my visit (for some reason they normally charge RCI people 700 pesos per week), and that I was being given a complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony. The first room I was taken to was stunning. Right on the ocean with a great view. It had been renovated and it was done very well. Unfortunately, when they say sofa bed, they do not mean a pull out bed, but a rock hard cushion to sleep on. As I was expecting a guest, this was not suitable. Hector came to the rescue again, and transferred me to a beautiful suite the next day. The suite also had a great view of both the ocean and the pools. We had both sides of a lock off room, one had a king bed, bathroom, chairs and balcony, the other side had a small kitchenette, queen murphy bed, bathroom, couch, and balcony. The beds were very comfortable, and the daily maid service was great (thank you Teresa!).

All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the grounds were immaculate. Although this hotel is slightly dated, it has been very well cared for, and they are renovating the rooms.

The only drawback was the timeshare people. I was approached the second I checked in, I declined my "welcome drink", knowing it was a ploy to try to get me to commit to a presentation. I was called, notes were pushed under my door etc. I finally had to be firm and say that I wasn't going, and they left me alone after that, although I was told I was making a mistake..... I also suspect that they can either monitor your key card being used or have motion detectors. Within 5 minutes of my entering the room, without fail, the timeshare people would call. I knew it was them because I had two separate room numbers and only gave out one to friends/family. Anytime the phone rang in the other room, I wouldn't answer and there would be a message asking when I was ready to book my breakfast.

I did not go to the Mexican Fiesta or the Sunday brunch, but I did have a look at the brunch and it is HUGE. Something there for every appetite

The location is great, a very easy walk to town or to two different supermarkets. The Malecon was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this resort.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sue G
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have been coming to the vacation club since 2007. We came with some friends who own when their daughter was getting married. We purchased the timeshare because we fell in love with the place. People are so nice, the property is secure and downtown is close, the Malecon (boardwalk) and grocery stores are very close and easily accessed. Taxis are reasonable and plentiful. Buganvilias will pick their members up at the airport if arranged ahead of trip. This eliminates the craziness at the airport you may encounter when you first arrive. We find all these things to be part of the charm of Vallarta! The restaurants onsite are very good. The food is wonderful and prepared carefully and the ambience is incredible. We especially love to go into town to eat at The Happy Lobster, Pipi's, and Paradise Burger. We are usually above the 24th floor and love to sit on our balcony at night watching the cruise ships go out on their way to another port! The sculptures on the Malecon are amazing.... google them....it's worth it. Everyone we've encountered has been friendly and helpful. The swimming pools are warm and there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas. The massages are to die for....they will put you to sleep! We love you Buganvilias!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet and the views are amazing! the sunsets are beautiful!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary G
Ridgeley, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel is like home to us. We own a time-share here which we try to visit every year. The hotel is ideally located near the downtown area. It is small enough to have an intimate feel to it, but big enough to offer many different activities. The personnel are helpful and friendly. My husband and I love to splash in one of the two pools or to sit and watch the waves roll in. From our balcony we have a birds-eye view of the whole Bay of Banderas. We love the town, and we love the people. Just writing this review makes me homesick. I wish I could hop on a plane tomorrow and spend the next few weeks at the Buganvilias Resort. One thing, too, is that we have always felt safe in the hotel and in the town.

Room Tip: We like one of the highter floors in the main building because of the view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie R
Los Angeles, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The resort is beautiful with all of his gardens, hidden jacuzzi at the center of the pool. The service was GREATwe decided to buy a week during this time of the year for 25 years. I recommend this place a lot!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jenny a
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Booked the trip through RCI, which this resorts treat like second class citizens. The worst part of the vacation was our arrival. Immediately upon completing check-in, you are pounced upon by seemingly gracious hosts. They ask if you're interested in booking excursions. We already had one booked on our own and she had the brochure from that company, so we figured sure let's explore. The hotel host tells us she can get us 50% off several other excursions. We asked if this was because we were RCI members. She blatantly lied and said, "yes." After 30 minutes (following a long day of travel), she says, "well, to get these discounts, just come to a breakfast sunday morning." Ok, stop right there. We had been fooled, big time. All this was was a time share pitch. But it was the lying ("discounts because you are RCI members) that left the most horrid taste in our mouths. We immediately got up and said, we're done. We're going to our room. A brutal way to start.

The rest of our stay was good. The facilities (pool and tennis) were great. The pool at the vacation club is actually nicer than at the Sheraton hotel. Pool staff very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping also responded immediately to several requests. We had a nice studio apartment with a balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. We did not eat at any restaurants since we like to eat locally.

Unfortunately, we would not return because we already own a time share and do not want to be hounded like this when we're on vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Yenrotta99
Spring Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Beautifully maintained resort with friendly helpful staff. Easy to walk downtown to shopping and restaurants. Don't miss amazing Sunday Champagne Brunch - great food and wonderful full mariachi band. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: In the main club tower, choose rooms above the 18th floor (actually the 8th floor as numbering start...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple