We love staying in Puerto Vallarta, having been there many times. Our preference is south of downtown, where the mountains meet the sea. You cannot be much closer to downtown and in the mountains than at the Grand Miramar. It is very close to downtown and can be seen even from Los Muertos beach. We used the shuttle to go back and forth to town often, as well as taxis. The taxis were inexpensive at around 70 pesos. The hotel shuttle was great, but tended to get crowded....so I would think this could be an issue when the hotel is running at full occupancy.
The rooms were huge and outfitted very nicely. Everything was kept clean, neat, and we always felt that the staff cared about us and the property. We were never accosted by timeshare sales people, although one nice lady gave us an orientation to the hotel and the all inclusive plan, and offered us a timeshare presentation, which we declined and that was that. I cannot say enough about the staff - they treated us with respect and the utmost humility and politeness. We looked forward to our interactions with them and to seeing them each day. They were always helpful when we needed assistance and everyone of them spoke english very well, although I gave my spanish a try now and then.
The pools were great! We spent the most time the adults only pool on the 10th floor. yes it closes somewhat early, but the Sky Bar and Restaurant are on that floor, and nobody needs a bunch or drunk screaming gringos yelling, splashing, and demanding drinks in the middle of a romantic (and extremely tasty) dinner.
So that brings up the food. I cannot say enough good things about the food!!! It was incredible and I missed immediately upon leaving, even after a week of it. We were on the all inclusive and we ate like kings. We stayed away from the buffet and ate a la carte - any veteran traveler and foodie knows to do this, plus we did not have to please children's palates. We always ate at the Sky Bar for breakfast and it was incredible!!!! Loved every dish. Breakfast would be very affordable if paying, say about 80 pesos plus drinks, etc. We ate lunch at the lobby, bar, Sky pool, and the main pool. The main pool and lobby bar have more standard US type fair - hamburgers, sandwiches, etc. most of which was just fine. But we gravitated towards lunch an dinner at the Sky Bar, whole food was high class, with beautiful presentation, delicious flavors, and lots of choices. The menu there flipped between two menus every other night, with lots of great choices. See my pics to get an idea! Yes dinner might be roughly $20 US, but hey jack, you will not find better food for $20 at most US restaurants, and this is a very nice hotel. A US hotel would charge more. I would say just go all inclusive and then you don't have to worry.
If you love Mexico, love Puerto Vallarta, want a luxurious vacation, but don't want to be stuck 15 miles from downtown at some mega disney-esque resort, then I would highly recommend you consider the Grand Miramar. And remember, the hotel shuttle can take you to the Blue Shrimp or the Mantamar beach clubs. Blue Shrimp had the best seafood! Matamar is a nicer beach area and has a pool, showers etc. And remember to get your all inclusive vouchers for them at the Grand Miramar front desk before leaving, and you will be able to eat and drink plenty as part of your package, right on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 5 minutes south of the Puerto Vallarta Downtown, Grand Miramar, an intimate, elegant boutique resort with a Contemporary style, surrounded by the lush tropical Sierra Madre Mountains and facing those breathtaking bay views.ACCOMMODATIONSGrand Miramar features Residences of 4,3,2 and 1 bedrooms, contemporary concept with interior decor meets serenity and luxury accommodations, full size balconies with beautiful ocean views, granite countertops in kitchens and bathrooms, marble floor throughout, hard wood furniture, luxurious high thread – count linens, high-end appliances including microwave and dishwasher, and sophisticated colors that let you drift away into your own private world. Grand Miramar is a truly concept at the forefront of design that includes de comfort of modern conveniences and functional spaces with first quality materials and amenities.RESORT AMENITIESAt Grand Miramar, you'll also find amenities like Wi-Fi service, business center, pool grill bar, luxury in room amenities, 24-hour room service, flat screen TVs, concierge service, car rental, daily guest activity programs, upscale Beach Club transportation, fine dining restaurant, Unique State-of-the-art style Spa and Gym, where you will find the latest techniques in anti-aging including hydro and ozone therapies, and personalized HIGH fitness, nutrition and weight control programs all designed to help you look and feel your best. Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi surrounded by a beautiful Landscape and high-class pool furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Miramar Club And Spa
- Grand Miramar Club Hotel Puerto Vallarta