We stayed here for a wedding (which was held elsewhere) and it worked very well for that. Only one restaurant was open and it was easy for a bunch of us to get together for dinner. The staff was great about letting us move the tables together for one big group. Actually, the staff was great for almost everything. The only negative thing I can say about the staff is that it sometimes took a very long time to get the check. A couple times we started to walk out and they finally brought it to us. It was also the low season so our group usually had at least one of the pools all to ourselves.
I didn't do AI and I'm glad that I didn't. It was much less expensive and we wanted the opportunity to try some of the many excellent restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. Most of stayed for a week and those who were AI were getting bored with the meals. Although by the end of our stay and as they were getting tired of the regular offerings some did ask for items that weren't on the menu and they were happy to oblige.
Another Plus - did not hear a word about any time shares.
We also went with the $20 per night upgrade. Definitely enjoyed having a jacuzzi bathtub instead of just a shower. And while the view was lovely - the pool is open between 9 am and I think 9 pm and they play music the entire time it's open and we could easily hear it from our balcony on the 8th floor. We could hear it in our room if we didn't run the ceiling fans so we ran the ceiling fans. But we did enjoy the patio before 9 am and after 9 pm.
The views were great but it also would have been nice to have been closer to the beach. The next time I go to Puerto Vallarta will probably not be for a wedding and in that case I'd spend some of the time here and some of the time by the beach.
I had read a review stating that the beds were hard and was worried because hard beds hurt my back but that sure wasn't the case for my room. The bed was very comfy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 5 minutes south of the Puerto Vallarta Downtown, Grand Miramar, an intimate, elegant boutique resort with a Contemporary style, surrounded by the lush tropical Sierra Madre Mountains and facing those breathtaking bay views.ACCOMMODATIONSGrand Miramar features Residences of 4,3,2 and 1 bedrooms, contemporary concept with interior decor meets serenity and luxury accommodations, full size balconies with beautiful ocean views, granite countertops in kitchens and bathrooms, marble floor throughout, hard wood furniture, luxurious high thread – count linens, high-end appliances including microwave and dishwasher, and sophisticated colors that let you drift away into your own private world. Grand Miramar is a truly concept at the forefront of design that includes de comfort of modern conveniences and functional spaces with first quality materials and amenities.RESORT AMENITIESAt Grand Miramar, you'll also find amenities like Wi-Fi service, business center, pool grill bar, luxury in room amenities, 24-hour room service, flat screen TVs, concierge service, car rental, daily guest activity programs, upscale Beach Club transportation, fine dining restaurant, Unique State-of-the-art style Spa and Gym, where you will find the latest techniques in anti-aging including hydro and ozone therapies, and personalized HIGH fitness, nutrition and weight control programs all designed to help you look and feel your best. Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi surrounded by a beautiful Landscape and high-class pool furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Miramar Club Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Grand Miramar Club And Spa