I can't believe how great this resort was to stay in. First, I go to PV every year at least once since 1994 and I have another resort I own at and usually stay there. This trip I found an amazing deal on Interval International to stay at Grand Miramar. I had toured it and taken the timeshare presentation a year and a half earlier when they were still under construction and I knew the rooms were going to be great. So I booked a one bedroom, two bath suite for a week and invited my 19 year old son who had just graduated High School this year for a graduation gift.
When we showed up they asked how many of us there were and I told them just me and my son. They were extremely polite to us. They told us our room was not quite ready (no problem because we were there long before check-in time). They took us to the rooftop pool and got us drinks and told us they would come get us when our room was ready. About 30 minutes later they came and took us to our suite. It was a two bedroom, two bath suite that was bigger than you could imagine for a resort. I was impressed because usually when a business upgrades you they make a big deal about it and pat themselves on the back. None of that happened. They just took us to a suite and it was an amazing upgrade.
The livingroom, dining area, and kitchen were bigger than any 3 rooms I have ever stayed in before. Then you go into the bedrooms with master bath in each and they were huge as well. Balconies off of all three areas and a view of the town and bay that was awesome.
The staff were so friendly and helpful in every way. We went to the lobby on our way out one day and asked for a taxi. The guy behind the desk told us that if we could wait just a couple of minutes, he had to go to town to pick up the next shift's workers and he would give us a ride, which he did. This was a separate trip from the shuttle service they they do daily except Saturdays.
If this resort is ever available again when I'm looking to go to PV, I will book it again in a heart beat.
There was only two slight negatives: 1. The pools were still being worked on and there was construction noise early in the mornings. They were almost done with the pools and I don't believe that will be a problem much longer. 2. Unless you are rising early and coming back fairly early in the day, the shuttle service is not going to help you much with your travels into town and back. Although, for the few times we actually got moving early enough, it was better than using a taxi. Both of these things were only minor inconveniences to us since the resort was over the top great in so many other ways.
A lot of people don't want to stay in this resort because it is not on a beach. If you let that stop you from staying here, you are seriously depriving yourself of a truly outstanding resort. Besides, the shuttles drop you off within a block of Playa los Muertos beach which is the most popular public beach in PV.
The resort is located in the hills of Conchas Chinas which they call the Beverly Hills of Puerto Vallarta. The winding cobblestone streets leading up to the resort are filled with multi-million dollar estates. It is such a beautiful area and it was only about a 5 minute taxi ride to the Romantic Zone and Old Town Vallarta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 5 minutes south of the Puerto Vallarta Downtown, Grand Miramar, an intimate, elegant boutique resort with a Contemporary style, surrounded by the lush tropical Sierra Madre Mountains and facing those breathtaking bay views.ACCOMMODATIONSGrand Miramar features Residences of 4,3,2 and 1 bedrooms, contemporary concept with interior decor meets serenity and luxury accommodations, full size balconies with beautiful ocean views, granite countertops in kitchens and bathrooms, marble floor throughout, hard wood furniture, luxurious high thread – count linens, high-end appliances including microwave and dishwasher, and sophisticated colors that let you drift away into your own private world. Grand Miramar is a truly concept at the forefront of design that includes de comfort of modern conveniences and functional spaces with first quality materials and amenities.RESORT AMENITIESAt Grand Miramar, you'll also find amenities like Wi-Fi service, business center, pool grill bar, luxury in room amenities, 24-hour room service, flat screen TVs, concierge service, car rental, daily guest activity programs, upscale Beach Club transportation, fine dining restaurant, Unique State-of-the-art style Spa and Gym, where you will find the latest techniques in anti-aging including hydro and ozone therapies, and personalized HIGH fitness, nutrition and weight control programs all designed to help you look and feel your best. Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi surrounded by a beautiful Landscape and high-class pool furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Miramar Club And Spa
- Grand Miramar Club Hotel Puerto Vallarta