“Fabulous Spot”
Review of La Albufera - CLOSED

La Albufera
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Maria and her son and husband ( both chefs) offer 2 delightful menus. The paella is delicious and large portion. The pink and green moles are out of this world. Every sauce is expertly prepared and served with love. If you want a delicious and unique experience, try the 7 course molecular dinner on Sat. Night. The chef presents and explains each course at your table. Wine is included. This dinner would be $300 in the states.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The restaurant is located in the heart of the Romantic zone a block from the beach. Paella was excellent.

1  Thank LaAlmeja
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went early for breakfast before a bus tour that begins outside this restaurant. Only the owner was waiting on tables and the place was packed with people wanting to order, getting food or trying to pay. Total chaos. I would think if I knew a bus of people were showing up, I'd have hired more help. I also tried it in the evening , giving it a second chance, and it got worse.We were only table in restaurant, the calmalarie was all breading, no one would eat the greenish ham on the tapas and the sangria was like koolaid. Two waitstaff were more involved in caring for a young boy than waiting on us. Wished it would have worked but won't try again.

2  Thank Marilyn H
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I had the privilege of dining at La Albufera for Valentine's Day,and WOW was it amazing.We started with some breaded artichoke hearts filled with goat cheese, then a garlic soup. We could not forget the paella,still to this day! Being that in her college days,my wife traveled to Pamplona for the festival de San Fermin and was suddenly transported back by familiar aromas and flavors. Oh and the prices were not bad,very affordable-40 pesos tapas 60 pesos pinchos.... All in All it turned out to be a great Valentines Day! Thanks La Albufera. I will defenitely be back.

2  Thank RickVLopez
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I met a tour at this restaurant and were told about their Saturday nite $45 7 course molecular menu. In Los Angeles this would easily have been $300 so we couldn't pass it up. Every course was very small so you could eat it all, beautifully presented and explained by the chef personally. It was truly and unexpected find in a city where we eat mainly local fish. You must make a reservation as it only seat about 10 people and it takes about 2 hours. Every morsel was absolutely exciting and delicious. On a side note, as part of a food and walking tour we had their chocolate, green and beet mole which was also very good. Yor host is Pilar and her son is the chef. They are warm and friendly and make the experience a really fun evening.

2  Thank ConnieLongBeach