“Transported back to Spain.Authenticity at it's best.”
Review of La Albufera - CLOSED

La Albufera
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Transported back to Spain.Authenticity at it's best.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I had the privilege of dining at La Albufera for Valentine's Day,and WOW was it amazing.We started with some breaded artichoke hearts filled with goat cheese, then a garlic soup. We could not forget the paella,still to this day! Being that in her college days,my wife traveled to Pamplona for the festival de San Fermin and was suddenly transported back by familiar aromas and flavors. Oh and the prices were not bad,very affordable-40 pesos tapas 60 pesos pinchos.... All in All it turned out to be a great Valentines Day! Thanks La Albufera. I will defenitely be back.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank RickVLopez

Long Beach
“Try the 7 course molecular menu!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I met a tour at this restaurant and were told about their Saturday nite $45 7 course molecular menu. In Los Angeles this would easily have been $300 so we couldn't pass it up. Every course was very small so you could eat it all, beautifully presented and explained by the chef personally. It was truly and unexpected find in a city where we eat mainly local fish. You must make a reservation as it only seat about 10 people and it takes about 2 hours. Every morsel was absolutely exciting and delicious. On a side note, as part of a food and walking tour we had their chocolate, green and beet mole which was also very good. Yor host is Pilar and her son is the chef. They are warm and friendly and make the experience a really fun evening.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank ConnieLongBeach
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Amazing food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I were looking to try a new restaurant this year and found 'La Albufera'. This restaurant, and Mole' Rosa (right next door) are run by a very pleasant lady named Pilar whose family does all the cooking. She made a point to spend time with us discussing Mexico how her family came to Puerto Vallarta.
Interesting decor with Spanish flair as Pilar is from Spain she tells us.
My husband has wanted to try paella for awhile and the presentation by Pilar was amazing, shrimp, clams, mussels, pork etc. on top of a delicious rice. (Enough for the both of us to share but I ordered the 'special' which was chiles relleno with beet soup.)
We recommend this restaurant as the service is exceptional and so is the food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jo t
Seattle, Washington
“Incredibly delicious and beautiful Spanish and Mexican food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here after it was recommended by the guide on a tour of luxury homes of PV. The food was absolutely astonishingly delicious. The standout dishes we tried included cream of cilantro soup, paella, smoked marlin tostaditos and a unique pink molé enchilada. Far and away the best food we have eaten in PV. DON'T MISS THIS RESTAURANT! It is wonderful.

2 Thank jimbobrewer
Hanoi
“Great tapas in pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I found this place as it was the pickup point for the International Friendship Club's house tour (go on that, by the way, It was great). I saw the tapas on the menu, and brought my husband back for happy hour. We had some wine and tried some of the tapas, such as the stuffed bell pepper with tuna, and some other items. Yummy. The gazpacho was out of this world. I wish we had more time to try everything on the menu. Another woman on the house tour said she loved the paella, which is made personal size.. There also is this interesting molecular menu, which we unfortunately couldn't try, because it was the Xmas holiday weekend. We were personally served by the excellent owner Pilar, and met the chef- her brother. Place is on Acuiles, sort of paralleling the river.

• Visited December 2012