“great breakfast”
Review of Coco's Kitchen

Coco's Kitchen
Ranked #90 of 1,137 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had heard that Coco's was the best place for breakfast in PVR so we had to find out. The place is charming. It is a beautiful outdoor patio area with plants and umbrellas and, yes, uneven floors. I wish my backyard looked like this - very relaxing and unique. Some of my friends orderd Bloody Marys to start and loved them. We orderd the cinamon roll french toast for the table to share - it was so good but so sweet, I don't think you could eat it by yourself without going into a sugar coma - but wonderful to share!! We had omelettes and combination plates. The omelettes were big served with toast or biscuit and a meat. I had the combo plate - 2 eggs, toast, meat and a waffle (I added a side of hash browns). You can get the combo plate with pancakes or french toast. Everything was hot, fresh and good. A wonderful breakfast place.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I picked up a friend coming in from Guadalajara in the afternoon and he arrived at that awkward time where it was too late for lunch but too early for dinner. He was hungry but not starving, so I wanted to think of something that might offer nice, light fare. I hadn't been to Coco's in a couple of years: shame on me! What I have been missing. Our meal was perfect for what we were looking for and delicious. We each had a glass of freshly squeezed limeade and started with a light soup. I had gazpacho, spicy and robust and fresh with cucumbers and onions, and my friend had a cream of zucchini soup, served warm, yet so light and summery that it was a perfect choice on a hot August afternoon. For entrees I chose jicama tacos, paper thin slices of jicama served with lightly seared tuna dusted with sesame seeds and served with pickled ginger. I could have eaten three portions. The mango salad accompanying it balanced it out perfectly. My friend opted for beef carpaccio, paper thin slices of beef drizzled with olive oil and garnished with capers and generous slices of Parmesan cheese.The accompanying slices of toasted bread lightly brushed with olive oil completed his meal wonderfully. Our entire lunch cost only $28.00. I promise it will not be another two years before I revisit Coco's Kitchen again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

No matter which meal you choose you can't go wrong. Be sure to have a side of buttery corn bread with breakfast.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I love the setting the staff at Coco's Kitchen. Everyone is so friendly. I think the diversity and quality of the food is commendable, as is the wine list. I always come away from Coco's happy and relaxed!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

After reading the rave reviews we made a point of having breakfast at Coco's. The resturant is located a few blocks back from the Malacon and there really is no view while dining since it is squeezed in between two large buildings. No roof except over the kitchen and bar. The floor is uneven and roughly paved. Our table was at a preceptable angle in the back section of the establishment. But we didn't come so much for the scene as for the food.
The breakfast was okay- not special or even memorable, but acceptable. From what I could see, the resturant appears to be a hang-out for Gringo Gultch residents. The folks tending tables were friendly and service was prompt. It's one of those places I would most likely not go out of my way to visit again- unless I lived in the neighborhood.