Hotel Portonovo Plaza
$342
$278
Bookit.com
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$269
$179
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$631
$258
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$520
$286
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$271
$201
  • Breakfast included
$396
$220
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$197
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$420
All reviewsrooftop poolrooms are smallspent one nightyogurtwalking distance to the maleconroad noisebreakfast was includeduntil noontwo blocksroom safeper nighttop floorbudget hotelchilaquilesair conditioningwifiley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

good price,very clean,staff very kind. the only thing:dont take the breakfast at 60$(pesos) its gross and dont worth it...but for the rest a nice place to go :-) its very close from the sea(one street) and have a nice pool at the top

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia A, Director of Sales at Hotel Portonovo Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

It is a very nice little property and we surely hope to see you again, now that we know that our breakfast wasn0t good enough, we first thank you for letting us know and we assure you will do everything in our power to make it better. :)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great location! Now that the buses don't run past it anymore, it is very quiet. The hotel has a modern look to it. (contemporary tiles-art) Very clean! The service is excellent. You want more towels, a blanket, an iron then you get it almost immediately. The bathrooms have glass showers however the doors often won't close with a tight seal. Water pressure and temperature are perfect. The beds are very firm and the pillows too plump and firm for my liking. However I just went across the street to Leys department store and purchased a smaller pillow for about $5 and then I slept quite well. I have come here before and will return. We own a condo in Puerto Vallarta that we rent out and if we aren't ready to head home to Canada then this is our hotel choice. I haven't used the pool or restaurant areas as there are so many other things in PV to keep you occupied. The internet has been off and on which can be bothersome. Next door is an internet cafe and for 50 cents you can use them there. I also saw a few small bugs but hey I'm bigger than they are so I just ignored them. The price and the location negates any complaints in my opinion. $50 a night and right at the Malecon. Enjoy

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JeanJean57

Thank you for your overall kind review. We will work on the internet issues. About the little bugs, we are constantly fumigating, our extermitator visit us monthly during the winter and spring and twice a month during summer and fall. Thank you again and we can't wait to have you over!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Portonovo recently as we wanted to be close to the Old Town and see more of that part of Puerto Vallarta. The hotel has 45 rooms on 3 floors with a very small pool on the rooftop (the 4th floor). It has a small restaurant on this level with a modest menu and good prices. The room that we required was a double (2 beds). The room had a window that opened and a small one over the shower in the bathroom that also opened. The hotel has been built on a modest budget but it is tastefully decorated.

The beds and thick pillows were extra hard - and both my husband and I found it difficult to sleep and ended up with backaches that only disappeared once we got into softer beds with softer pillows. I had to ask for a wine glass for the week as no glasses were supplied in the room. I was told that I could buy some ice, but I was ultimately able to get a couple of ice cubes in the wine glass from the restaurant person. There was no balcony from the double room but I noticed that there were small balconies with 1 chair on each on the smaller rooms.
Rooms looked out on the the main road, or a back roadway towards the beach.

We had to relinquish our room key when we wanted to get beach towels to use for either the pool or the beach which was a short walk away. When one wanted to sit on the beach, one showed that you were with Portonovo Hotel and you were provided a lounger and an umbrella. We had to wear wrist bands for the entire length of stay - apparently for "security" reasons. Internet was available in the rooms.

I think most of the guests are Mexican visitors who are there for short stays.

The small staff are friendly and helpful people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out to the back -
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnneVDK
Patricia A, Director of Sales at Hotel Portonovo Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear guest: Our beds and pillows are orthopedic and are thought to improve our guests physicall health, we are so sorry to hear they were not so comfortable to you and for that, we will evaluate the possibility to replace some of them with softer matresses. We thank you for your good overall review and we sure hope to have you over in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hotel Portonovo is a five minute walk to the Mélançon de Puerto Vallarta. If covenience is a major consideration to the playa and shops Portonovo is a good choice for mid priced, contemporary lodging. Couples suggest upgrading to double beds since there are no queen or king size beds. The rooms are tidy and hotel well managed and front desk bilingual - Spanish and English. . Expect to pay around USD$70. per night. Recommend!

Room Tip: Upgrade to double beds. No queen size beds and single beds are quite small.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgeBerry

Thank you for your recommendation! We are glad to know we provided a good service and that your stay with us was overall pleasant. Come back soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel had new furniture and decorations but that did not make us want to stay after we saw roaches in the room. There were a few baby roaches in the bathroom and a couple in the room by the bed. My husband hates roaches so we asked for a different room. The first thing we saw when we flipped the light on in the new room was a bigger roach by the air con. We decided we did not want to stay there any longer so we checked out (2 am) and went straight to the airport even though our flight did not leave until 2 pm. We had dropped our bags off in the morning and didn't get back til midnight so we did not hang out in the room until very late. I read a lot of good reviews about this hotel and that's why we picked it. We could handle the size of the room which was very small but not the roaches. The man who was the bell and bartender was very apologetic but the front desk clerk was a little cold and rude. The location was good because it was by the malecon so it was a shame that we didn't stay. I wanted to go back to a shop on the malecon the next morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinkachoo10

We found your comment really helpful! Since then, our exterminator visit us once a month during Winter and Spring and twice a month during Summer and Fall. We are getting better thanks to you!