“Expensive”
Review of Pie in the Sky

Pie in the Sky
Description: Pie in the Sky™ is the # 1 bakery the last seven out of eight years on the Readers Choice Best of the Bay contest. Serving Cakes,Pies and more, made with all natural ingredients. Enjoy our world famous Brownies topped with ice cream, or any of our other delicious treats, including wedding cakes. We have two locations to serve you. The home bakery at Heroe de Narcozari #202 in Bucerias,Nayarit or the conveniently located cafe at 242 Aquiles Serdan, Local#3, in Puerto Vallarta. Come discover all of the delectible offerings, at Pie In The Sky™ where you can taste the difference when only quality ingredients are used.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

As delicious as their besos are, they sure have become pricey at about 55 pesos each. They weren’t cheap when I first discovered them about 6 years ago, but they were at least affordable enough then to stock up on them and share them with people back home. Not anymore. During one trip I purchased a few cake slices from their Bucerias location, but they were all fairly generic and forgettable. Since then I’ve only gone back for the besos, and now I’m not sure if I’ll even do that anymore.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

i'll keep this short and sweet. A Pie in the Sky is a Vallarta institution. Just when you think they're down for the count, they pop up in a different location. It's really just about desserts - cakes, pies, and coffee to go with. I've tried many of their offerings but I think there are better baked goods in close proximity (Paris Cafe with all of their superlative French pastries) is only a block away.

So, why come here? It is all about the "BESOS" my friends. I have no idea how many of these I have hungrily devoured over the years. These are best described as a gooey centered, densely chocolate, "cupcakes/brownies". They come in two sizes - the beso and the besito. I used to be able to eat a whole beso, no problemo. But, now a besito will do. Sometimes I just have to have one though and their little shop (Aquiles Serdan across from the Riviera Molino) is just too convenient. I buy a big bag full of them around the holidays and pass them out like Santa. Never had anyone turn one down. Only down side - pretty $$$ these days.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a quick pit stop for us whenever we come to PV. Their bakery makes many beautiful cakes and pies but I am a brownie lover. I believe they changed owners a few years ago and the brownie didn't have as much molton chocolate in the center as I remembered but still had to have my fix. My daughter bought 14 of these babies (and they're not cheap) to take home. Freeze them and bring them back for gifts for friends.....or not! Yum!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is right across the street from our condo and our fav spot to go to for that special treat, wanting to take something special for a pot luck etc. There is a reason Pie in the Sky in PV is what I would suggest is world famous.

1  Thank ragansj1
Reviewed January 18, 2014

When I travel to PV, I love going to "Pie in the sky", and get my favorite cake, which is Three milk cake, I went several times, but they never had it, I know they have another location in Bucerias, didn't make it there.