“Amazing French experience in Mexico” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Cigale
Ranked #132 of 980 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: French, European, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
White Rock, Canada
“Amazing French experience in Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We booked the Reataurant for my birthday, as Foie Gras is my fave. This casual, bistro style eatery did not disappoint. Only 8 or 9 tables, French music in the background, fantastic service, great ambience. Our food was very good, and the prices are crazy inexpensive. I had Foie Gras, carbonara, and crepes Suzette, and loved every bite. The owner, Catalina, visits every table.

• Visited December 2013

Anacortes, Washington
“A HIDDEN TREASURE!!! FOOD AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Get there NOW! It's on the same side of the street as the iglesia (church) in Puerto Vallarta, but about a block up. Small and intimate but oh so good. This was BY FAR THE BEST RESTAURANT we supped in this year. The Manager was fabulous, very helpful and extremely attentive. We subsequently had the privilege of meeting the owner, a slight (I assume French native), lovely young woman.
For dinner, my friends and I could not decide so we got and shared a mix of menu offering: Baked Brie, French Onion Soup, Pepper Steak, one other entre that escapes me at the moment, and we were treated to a small appetizer with ground green olive topping). The only thing I'd recommend adding to their menu is a Foie Gras appetizer. I REALLY wanted to try this, but didn't want a dinner sized portion.
BOTTOM LINE, EVERY DISH WE ORDERED SHARED WAS OUTSTANDING. The quality was amazing! We even had an Absinthe after dinner drink (I'd wanted to try this liquor for a long time, can't say I'd do it again, but it was an experience and FUN!).
The owner advised that she is also opening another establishment, a Seafood restaurant called Mr. Pulpo (Mr. Ocotopus). I'm sure it will be wonderful too and we'll add it to our list for next year.
WE WILL BE BACK, AND BACK AND BACK.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“BEST FRENCH FOOD I'VE EVER HAD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

You don't fly to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to eat French food yet that's exactly what I did...and boy did I get a surprise... Best French food ever.... A complete hidden secret from the rest of the town. They do the best escargot I've ever had. Their baked Brie and apricot jam had me on the treadmill for a few days (with absolutely no regrets!). For dinner I had a pastry stuffed with scallops and shrimp with an incredible cream sauce... OH MY GOSH! DID I JUST DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN? I went here with my dad and his caregiver and we wound up returning to this restaurant 3 more times!.

try their crepes suzette...best I've ever had! End of story.....

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lap465
Denver, Colorado
“A undiscovered gem in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was very surprised that so many people in town have not heard of, or tried this wonderful restaurant. I had a late dinner there on Saturday, 11/2/13. I was the only table in the entire restaurant, and slightly nervous if the food would be good.

Turns out I was nervous for no reason. My dinner (seared tuna) was excellent. The service was wonderful.

I enjoyed everything about my dining experience at La Cigale, and will return on future visits.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Again and again, this is a great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Always the escargots, moules frites, and the chocolate fondant. This can NOT be beaten! Oh wait, we also had a wonderful Malbec. Between the food and the excellent service, one can not find as consistent a restaurant in PV.

1 Thank PLN_Bird_Girl