“Great French food in Puerto Vallarta”
Review of La Cigale

La Cigale
Ranked #114 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
STATE COLLEGE, United States
“Great French food in Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This bistro is a little north of Our Lady of Guadaloupe Cathedral. Extensive menu with a great wine list. Waiters who actually know how to wait. This was my second visit in two years. The quality has been high at both visits. It has food as good as Cafe des Artistes at half the price.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Joseph K

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Real French Onion Soup”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It's a nice little hideaway. If you're in the mood for good wine, excellent French onion soup and good mussels, you can't go wrong here.

Might make a reservation as it's very small.

Bon Appetit!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Margarita69_12
Dallas
“wonderful little place”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We loved this little spot. It looks and feels like any bistro in Paris. You must make a reservation as it is very small. The food was good and service excellent. I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu which was great and a very large serving. We also really enjoyed the French Onion Soup. The pate was also very good. We'll be adding this to our list of must do's in PV.

Visited February 2013
New York City
“Mixed opinions”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My partner and I ate here the other night-- first time this year, although we had been here previous years. The atmosphere, by design, is appealingly French, but the staff had a few friends visiting with them, standing for about fifty minutes chatting at the bar, which would have been fine had the service not suffered as a result. I ordered artichokes vinaigrette and onion soup. Both were fine-- the artichoke(s) were served with a surpringly creamy vinaigrette, but the chokes had not been removed, which was a bit of a pain for me. . The onion soup was delicious. On the other hand, my poor partner had the glazed chicken liver salad, which was extremely boring, under seasoned and uninteresting, followed by the mussels which were cooked with butter, not olive oil, and had, he said, a peculiar taste. Fries were good, but not exceptional. Service was sluggish, despite our being among the only (late) diners. It is a bit pricey for what they offer. I think the staff also needs to act a bit more professionally, not entertain their friends and pay more attention to the customers.

• Visited February 2013
Kansas City
“Charming French Bistro!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I chose this place for early evening drinks and appetizers. This was an expensive happy hour for me because I could not resist the wonderful wine, but worth it. Delicious and unique selections of wine served in a traditional European café ambience. I especially liked the Argentinan syrah available by the glass. The French onion soup and Portobello Farcis were well prepared. I look forward to going back for dinner!

2 Thank Clint_in_KC