“Some terrific meals”
Review of No Way Jose!

No Way Jose!
Ranked #39 of 1,125 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tu Casa en Vallarta - Your Home in Vallarta - Award-winning Mexican contemporary restaurant/bar opened in 2009. Winner of the Best New Restaurant in 2010, Winner of Best Overall Restaurant in 2011 and Winner of Best Service Restaurant in 2012. Mexican contemporary cuisine with flair, friendly service with attention to detail and a romantic and relaxed ambiance. The locals and tourists alike rave about this place.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

From its name, I expected a sports bar atmosphere, but this place is very classy. I have eaten at No Way Jose three times and every meal was terrific. Decline tables downstairs, even if there is a wait, because you'll want to be seated upstairs where the ambience is best. Budget a couple hours time and enjoy the show. Order in courses and share, the Caesar Salad is as good as everyone says. Mains are very diverse and presentation is dramatic. We even found great Mexican wine! Desserts can be over-the-top with the flaming bananas fosters my absolute favorite. We typically make this our "last night in Vallarta" destination as it is such a happy way to close out a trip. You can find cheaper meals in Vallarta but it would tough to find one with more style and warmth.

1  Thank JoeYswimmer

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We went to No Way Jose on my husband's Birthday for the very first time. The reception we got upon arrival was immediately first class. Then we ordered our food - we both had the Filet Mignon dinners & it was the best steak we have ever had in Puerto Vallarta let alone anywhere ever. After dinner, the staff even sang Happy Birthday to my husband & brought him a beautiful dessert of poached pears. It was without a doubt, the best meal we have ever had, & we were treated like royalty by all the staff. We very highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank lauriekarl
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had dinner upstairs and though it was warm, the service was great, food was good and the entertainment for the banana flambe and some coffee drink was pretty fun. Pricing was reasonable. This was our second time there and we will go back! We had fun!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We sat at a table for almost a solid hour after our initial order was taken. A salad finally arrived- a sad, small concoction of lettuce with a vinaigrette that seemed hastily thrown together. It was tasteless and over priced. This place appears to be a favorite hang out for expats to socialize. I paid the bill and left with no desire to return.

NoWayJoseMx, Owner at No Way Jose!, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

We do appreciate your taking the time to share your unhappiness with your visit to No Way José! in March 2013. To be very honest, when I read this note my first thought was, "are you sure you were in No Way José!?"

I cannot imagine having to wait for almost an hour after your order was taken. Absolutely unacceptable.

I hope you will contact us when you visit Vallarta again so we can have another chance. Apparently we failed to deliver on our promise, which is: you will leave happy.

We hope we have the opportunity to make it up to you.

Julie & José Alfredo

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We like No Way Jose for dinner and drinks. It is authentic Mexican and very good. The service is excellent. I has a full bar, out door seating on a nice upper deck and music often in high season. The owner is a great guy who is there often. We will be back in February.