We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa de los Arcos
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is perfect. It is perfectly clean, the beds are comfortable, the kitchen is well stocked, the decor is tasteful, the bathroom.... oh, I dream of having a bathroom like this.

The location is quiet with amazing views. It is up a hill and through a peaceful and safe neighborhood. The walk up the hill is the perfect little exercise after eating tacos all day or if you don't want to walk, take a cab which are easy and inexpensive. If you need a taxi from the house, they are there in seconds.

Susan and David were amazing. So helpful, but not at all overbearing. When you want, you feel like it is your place alone, but when you need help, they are there for you.

Susan and David--- thank you so much. We will be back. Hopefully in time to see your new botanical garden.

1  Thank Scott G

Reviewed January 16, 2013

From the beginning Casa de los Arcos has been my doorway to Mexico. Through it I have encountered endless adventure, natural beauty and enduring friendships.
Susan and David are not just welcoming hosts, although they are indeed that, but even more, they are cultural historians, wxuberant explorers generous with their time and knowledge. There is never a time of year when visiting the Casa does not hold something special to see and do. And that holds true for my most recent stay. I arrived during the festival of Our Lady of Guadaloupe. Running over many days and nights, it is a religious pilgrimage that brings the faithful from near and far, to the old cathedral in the the heart of old Vallarta,. Illuminated by the light of handheld candles, pushed along to the beat of their choral hymns, thousands share their joy in song. The scene is timeless and endless.
In David’s words; “ On nights like this you can see what this town is made of, Vallarta’s pueblo roots are rising to the surface’.
Back at the casa, new roots are being dug in! Susan and David have nearly completed their embrace of the jungle garden that surrounds the property along its north. What an amazing idea this is – replanting the indigenous flora, clearing out the view-blocking scruff and creating secluded viewing terraces. . I can hardly wait to return to it.
On this trip there was also a marvellous day spent boating across the bay to explore the mariettas. Here among the rocks that connect Vallarta to its techtonic ripped core, live protected species – the blue-footed boobies, frigate birds and ... other stuff that David told me, but I forget. It is a raw blue wonder.

All ‘roots’ lead to home. These are special memories and rare moments. Each one would be worth the trip, but none of it would hold me. so fast were it not for the comfort and beauty of staying at Casa de los Arcos. It feels like my second home. I know it well, I think of it often and I will always return.

Room Tip: check out the website to pick which casa works best for you. All are good. they differ in size not q...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MoKittyToronto
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Casa de Los Arcos is a ten minute walk from the old (nicer) section of Puerto Villarta. I stayed in the lowest room, so not much of a view, but the room itself was incredibly spacious, well-decorated and very clean. Susan and David are very friendly, and go out of their way to help. They offered to drive me to the supermarket (which I declined) and offered me drinks on their deck (which I accepted). David showed me photos he took of whales, and offered to take me whale watching (declined, sadly). Both David and Susan have great stories to tell and seem to genuinely enjoy company. But, they also did not impose. All in all, this is a great place to stay in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Eastonlow
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have fallen in love with Puerto Vallarta and Susan/David's Casa de los Arcos! This boutique hotel is nestled into the side of a hillside, offering a quite place to "get away" and a restful retreat from all the great fun down the hill in Zona Romantica. We could not have asked for more. We highly recommend you experience this kind of rare hospitality AND visit and enjoy Puerto Vallarta. Spread the word, PV is safe, clean, extremely friendly and welcoming. We are planning our next trip immediately!

2  Thank Erdabus
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I were looking for romance, adventure, interaction, dining experiences, peaceful strolls on the beach, inspiration and a feeling of well being. Look no further as Casa de los Arcos and most importantly it's proprietors, Susan and David deliver in spades. Each year we look forward to the Holiday season as our launch to get away for ten days together. While we have enjoyed many trips that had a unique twist, we have rarely found an oasis for the soul and are already planning our return in 2013.

Room Tip: Palapa invites the incredible weather as part of your living environment
1  Thank tom999s
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful and charming location, central, near the old town and a walk away from the best that Puerto Vallarta has to offer, great food and friendly people. It a place that we like come back, over and over...

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank BDLafleche
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just returned from a great stay at Casa de los Arcos! Hosts Susan and David made our stay at La Palapa great!!! The apartment is unique and nicely decorated with extended outdoor balcony and open air-livingroom! The view is great, all over Zona Rosa out to the sea! The other apartments are great too, all with a different nice atmosphere.

Susan and David helped us to arrange lots of things and also showed us around town. Our clothes could be washed, they arranged a cook and the apartments are cleaned daily. The building is situated on the mountain in a safe and quiet neighborhood and a 10 minutes-steps-walk will bring you right to the beach or the old town. One day Susan and David took us on a nice boat tour to Yelapa: we snorkeled in the sea and saw dolphins!
I could really recommend this place for a nice holiday in Puerto Vallarta.

Room Tip: Apartment la Palapa
Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends