Casa de los Arcos
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$498
$296
$338
$278
Bookit.com
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$215
$145
Bookit.com
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$83
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$294
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$255
$214
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$476
$272
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$330
$268
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$164
$124
  • Beachfront
All reviewswonderful hostsbanderas bayhot tubpalapa suitehome away from homedipping poolsusan davidshort walk down the hillpersonal cookwarm hospitalitylarge terraceliving spacelittle piece of paradisecomfortable staylike coming homeopen airmexican culture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2012

As a first-time adventurer in Mexico, I can only imagine what a muddle this trip would have been without the gracious help of David and Susan. From driving us to the grocery store and airport to taking us on a boat tour of the coast (yes, including snorkeling at the Los Arcos islands!) to sharing their wealth of historical knowledge and life experiences at any time of day (and sometimes night), David and Susan couldn't have been more attentive and thoughtful hosts. In a matter of days, they became fascinating housemates and warm friends.

As for the house itself, we stayed in the Casita and loved the open-air kitchen and living room, as well as the cozy balcony space. As the highest room for let (perched just below Susan and David's living room), it boasts a lovely view and is located on a beautiful hill that is modestly peopled but still fabulously green! A short dirt trail to the top of the hill for some quick immersion into the jungle is just a 10-minute jog from the Casa and the beach is about a 20-minute walk away, though taxis are in abundant supply.

So, I can't imagine anywhere else I'd like to stay when I return to Puerto Vallarta. A beautiful location coupled with generous personalities made for an amazing experience and lifelong friends. Thank you again, Susan and David, for your hospitality and friendship! I can't wait to receive my first newsletter from you two. ;-)

Room Tip: Casita rests above other rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Some people claim to have left their hearts in San Francisco, I think I left mine at Casa de los Arcos! Susan and David are, as one reviewer previously put it, the BEST hosts on the planet and I'd go a step further and say the known universe. The Casa is amazing as well - open-air, spacious rooms with plenty of breathtaking views, as well as privacy. You are just a short walk into a fantastic part of PV - great restaurants, galleries and of course the beach. Susan and David gave us great recommendations on must-see places in and around PV. Their hospitality is truly unparalleled - Susan arranged a dinner for us on our arrival that was out-of-this world delicious! We loved the sunset margaritas and great company and conversation. Our only regret is that we did not stay longer! We will be back as we feel like we made some great friends in PV - Muchos Gracias Susan, David, Miss TT, Midge, Snake and the other gatos whose names are escaping me at the moment.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful - but we stayed in the Palapa and it was outstanding!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BrocknKibby
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Casa de los Arcos is private and secure. The ocean view is really awesome! I love the sunsets. This was the best place I have been to relax!! David & Susan are the best hosts! The beach and downtown is a short walk down the hill. Susan was so helpful in recommending places to go, restaurants, groceries, etc. I really enjoyed cooking us up a small meal in the open air kitchen. The casa was open but private. David took us out on his boat and showed us around the Bay. It was pretty exciting seeing crocadiles in their habitat, not secured in any way! Also, with Susan's recommendation I painted my first oil painting. This was something I could never imagine my doing. They both have many idea's of activities, should you get bored. Myself, I enjoyed the peace and quiet.
We hope to get back there next year. I loved it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I am delinquent in writing how special Susan and David made our five nights in PV. Without their interaction with us, we would not have had gone whale-watching (thank you David for the photos), taken the local bus to the Bontanical Garden, had a couple of wonderful restaurant meals or found the gigantic grocery store for stocking up on food staples. As all others have mentioned, these two go wayyyyy beyond the typical requirements or expectations of a host. We had more interaction with them than if we have had at B&B's where it is normal to spend a lot of time with the owners.

The villas are wonderfully "mexican" with all the charm and beautiful views. The small pool was just perfect for dipping in and cooling off.

Since we love to walk and get exercise, we were not intimidated by the steep walk up and down from the villa location and actually preferred it so we could get our daily exercise. However, if walking hills is not your thing, please know that taxis are more than happy to whisk you up or down, so don't let the location be a deterrent. The view from above is far better than at sea level. It took us about 10-15 minutes to walk down to town, so it is not a huge commitment.

We stayed in the smaller unit without a balcony so the pool area was our respite and it worked out fine. The other villa/apartments have their own. This would be a great location for groups wanting to travel together yet have separate quarters..

I understand why many of their guests return year after year after year to Casa de los Arcos!

Room Tip: All villas are wonderful, but if you can pay a bit more, the ones with their own balconies are to die for...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BIDawn
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We loved our stay at Casa de los Arcos. Susan and David, as everyone says, were extraordinary hosts. They could not have been more welcoming, generous and gracious. David took us out for a wonderful ride on his boat, Susan drove us around town to get groceries and such. The house itself is open and airy with absolutely glorious views. We, too, walked into town and took a taxi home, which worked perfectly. Susan was a font of information and having the cook come in one evening was a great idea. We stayed in the Cassita, but we thought that each of the apartments had their own charm, so it is a difficult choice! It is not a five star hotel, so don't go and expect over the top luxury, but I can't imagine a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple