“This One Is Going Down As Memorable. However,Oh How I Would Like To Forget This Meal...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Balsamar

Bistro Balsamar
Ranked #114 of 998 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New Small Mexican location Home with street-side dining,Organic Coffe, seating available for small groups. A/C, Wifi, once you visit Bistro Balsamar you'll understand why we have the most loyal clients in Puerto Vallarta!
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I will keep this review as painless as I can... Let's start with the calamari appetizer, it's as good a place to start than any. The calamari was cut very thinly cut, and well burnt. The "Caesar salad" was small, and lacked flavor. The "Garlic soup" was very salty, and uneatable. We were a party of six, one of our dinners ordered " Tequila Shrimp" the dish was so salted it was uneatable, and returned to the kitchen. I selected the "Snapper Veracruz", and sent it back due to the dish also being over laden with salt. Another person in our party ordered a steak, and it was also returned due to it being over cooked, and tough. The service was extremely slow, with two of our dinners being served at least 15 minutes before the other four dinners were served. It appeared that the restaurant was very understaffed.

The manager/owner, did not bother to concern himself with the problems we were incurring, and offered no apologies for the food or the service. It makes me wonder where all these glowing reviews are coming from?

• Visited February 2013

Northern Illinois & Puerto Vallarta, MX.
“Best food in PV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Was there last week and had my favorite meal in vallarta. I had coconut shrimp and my wife had lasagna and both meals were delicious. We had queso fundido for appetiser along with black bean soup. We walked away stuff but felt we had a great meal at a great value and will go back over and over again. nice sidewalk side seating.

Visited January 2013
Port Townsend, Washington
“Great handmade guacamole, fine service, very well price, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Right on Basillo badillo, quiet leafy patio and back private patio, margaritas good...everything we've had we've enjoyed for two years.

Visited January 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Magical Atmosphere Devine Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our delicious meal and excellent serrvice. The squash blossom quesadillas are highly recomended. Chef Alex serves an authentic Mexican meal using some of his grandmothers recipies containing the freshest ingredients. The menu also contains delicious pasta dishes and deserts. I enjoyed watching the pedestrians walking by in this busy Romantica neighborhood only two blocks from the Malicon near the new pier. The live entertainment was also excellent and added to our magical evening. I will be sure to return to Bistro Balsamar on my next trip to Puerto Vallarta.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Should not be overlooked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We've eaten at this restaurant several times now and have never been disappointed. Most recently, we had dinner there this week and my stuffed chicken was rolled with spinach, tomatoes and cheese. The caprese salad was fresh, tasty and loaded with cheese, herbs and delicious tomatoes. My husband's spinach salad was crisp and his fish cooked in the Veracruz style was excellent. Dinner with two mains, two salads, two margaritas and two generous glasses of wine was $50 or 600 pesos. This is an excellent value for good quality food. There should be a line out the door for this place. The staff are absolutely wonderful.

• Visited January 2013