“Upscale and Flavorful!”

Bistro Balsamar
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New Small Mexican location Home with street-side dining,Organic Coffe, seating available for small groups. A/C, Wifi, once you visit Bistro Balsamar you'll understand why we have the most loyal clients in Puerto Vallarta!
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went for dinner here Christmas Eve. My husband ordered the Chile Relleno (pork stuffed) and said it was the best he ever had. I had the Red Snapper Vera Cruz and it was wonderful. The wine list was very nice, although you can also order by the glass. We enjoyed our dinner so much, we went back two nights later and brought two other couples. Everyone left very satisfied and we all said we would be back next time we are in Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Love the new location. Food is so yummy. A must have is the chilles in nogato. Service is incredible. Love the outdoor patio setting.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife & I have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for years and have our favorite restaurants that we frequent regularly. We live in Chicago and are accustomed to great food and an endless variety of cuisines. You can find some great restaurants in Puerto Vallarta that offer great food, service and reasonable prices. Bistro Balsamar is one of those great restaurants. The food is delicious, prepared by a truly gifted chef. The atmosphere is perfect for a romantic dining experience and the attentive staff is friendly and genuinely interested in making your dining experience special. Everything I have ordered from the menu has been fantastic and the presentation of all dishes is an added bonus. On my last visit to Bistro Balsamar, I had a craving for a dish that was not on the menu. I asked Chef Alex I if he could prepare a special dish and he created a steak and shrimp special that I now dream about. Bistro Balsamar has become one of my favorite restaurants - not only in Vallarta, but anywhere. I can not say enough about Chef Alex and the great staff at Bistro Balsamr. By the way, do not leave without trying the chocolate lasagna for dessert. You will not be disappointed, except when you leave Vallarta and can not find it anywhere else.

2  Thank legaldude527
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you are looking for excellent food, great personable service, and romantic ambience, put Bistro Balsamar very high on your list! Chef Alex and his staff are passionate about what they do - shopping for fresh ingredients every day, creating amazing dishes for every palate, and giving personal attention to their diners. They also have one of the best selections of wine in Puerto Vallarta! Our visit to Bistro Balsamar was truly memorable and we look forward to going back time and time again. - Liz and Bob from Chicago

1  Thank BuffyChicago
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Spend an enchanted evening at one of our favorite romantic restaurant in the romantic zone - Bistro Balsamar serves you some of the best food in town with a variety to please every palate, but wait...the service in like none other. This is what service used to be when it was a treat to go out and be pampered by the staff. Treat yourself to a special night at Bistro Balsamar. Tell Alex and Ken that Jacques and Craig sent you.

1  Thank JacquesnCraig