Tripadvisor
Puerto Vallarta
Review Highlights
We liked having our own personal pirate!

We went in the evening while the sun was setting. It was a lot of fun. Lot's of singing and... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Sophie J
Puerto Vallarta Pirate Shop Adventure

Pirate Ship Dinner Tour Our family of 5 adults booked this tour, from recommendation of our... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from $130.00
from $45.13
from $125.00
1,524 results
All reviews banana boat treasure hunt canadian night below deck the galley steak and shrimp night cruise breakfast and lunch audience participation food was great booze cruise private beach drinks flowing our waiter sea sickness work hard all you can drink
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Awesome day of family fun. My husband and I were a little worried it would be to juvenile for us to enjoy but it turned out the whole experience was great for all ages. We were assigned a personal pirate named “Eagle”. He was our concierge guiding us through the experience and keeping our little one entertained at the beach so we could enjoy a few moments in the breathtaking surroundings.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank Canadian31
SocialMediaTafer, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Pirate Ship Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you very much for your recommendations, and for taking part of your time to write your comments, we are very glad you had a great time on board our ship, we are looking forward to your next trip to Puerto Vallarta, Please don't forget about us. Have a nice day pirate!!

Greetings from Marigalante, AHOY!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

This was by far one of the most entertaining tours I had ever been on. We chose the day adventure which is two hours on the ship to the "island", with breakfast and entertainment. Then two hours on the beach, where they offer snorkeling, banana boat ride, open bar, and a treasure hunt for kids. Then two hours back with open bar, more fun group participation entertainment, and lunch. Before boarding, groups are assigned their own pirate who takes care of them throughout the tour. Your pirate will be your server during meals, and your drink server on ship and land. In between taking care of you, the pirates put on some great entertainment, both fun, funny, and very exciting. The fight between the good pirates and the bad pirates, with sword fights, cannons shooting and......I won't give a spoiler alert here. You'll have to see for yourself. The pirates make this adventure so special and fun for children also. This is something I bet they will never forget. I didn't have kids with me but had just as much fun. The ship can get pretty rocky, so if you are prone to getting seasick, it might not be for you. Although the pirates carry motion sickness pills for you if needed. The late lunch on the way back was good. I chose the steak and lobster. I wish I would have known they were going to put gravy on the steak, I would have asked to leave it off.
I came on here to do this review to stress to everyone to tip your pirate! Tip him good! I found out through someone who knows one of the pirates, they only make $150 pesos a day. Convert that in your currency. In dollars that's just under $8 day. They have to be at work by 6:30am and when you arrive back to port, their work is still not done for some time. Tips are pretty much their income. There were 3 of us and we each tipped $20 and felt our pirates deserved it well. They take very good care of you for the six hours, making you and the kids feel special along with keeping your drinks filled, and entertained.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank LVNVjulie

Excellent comment my pirate friend, thanks to you all this is possible on board the Marigalante, your feedback makes us go forward and bring to you unique attention. we hope you come back soon to re-live this unique experience, have a nice day!

Kind regards from the Marigalante, AHOY!!

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Had a great time staff were very friendly and helpful good drinks great food and entertainment well worth spending the evening with the crew of the ship.

Date of experience: February 2019
Hugo D, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Pirate Ship Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We shall pass on your recommendations to our team. Hope to see on board our ship soon!

Best Regards, Marigalante

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

We took the excursion as a party of 9, with 2 teenagers over the Xmas holidays. In hindsight the price of approx $115 usd per person was quite reasonable for our experience. The booking and checkin process was easy, we arrived early and were checked in within 10 min and had our food order and assigned ‘pirate’ set up which was very efficient.

Once on board, the evening was well orchestrated for the show, drinks and meal. I was impressed by how well they executed dinner below deck with good quality music and very good food - despite having to serve that many people while turning the room for 2 seatings. The timing of things was spot on, we departed exactly on time, ate on time, and returned to the dock exactly on time (4 hours exactly)

Our pirate ‘dagger’ was very attentive and had our drinks flowing within minutes after every order. The show was in Spanish and English with more Spanish but you could follow along with careful listening. All in all, the entertainment was funny and entertaining and on par with a Vegas quality show / the crowd interaction was good which made for an enjoyable evening capped off with fireworks and a fun dance party.

My teens loved it, and the adults (and grandparents) enjoyed the show and experience on the water in the bay.

I’d recommend this to anyone looking for some adventure, entertainment and decent food, with your family while taking in a unique experience.

My value for money is 10/10
Entertainment 9/10
Food 9/10
Service 10/10

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank mgj533
Hugo D, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Pirate Ship Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Hello pirate! Thank you very much for your comments and your recommendations, we are very gad you enjoyed this unique experience on board our ship, please receive a warm greeting from all the pirates, have a nice day!!

Kind regards from Marigalante.

Reviewed December 29, 2019

The pirate show was entertaining and the service was great. However, too much time spent sitting on benches while sailing. Also, not for those who get seasick easy as the ship really rocks at sea. A few people got sick and vomited off the side during our tour. Not sure if it was a coincidence but my husband got sick that night, possibly from the food.

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank jennifernE5548XI

Thank you very much for taking part of your time to share with the world this incredible experience, we are very glad you had such a great time on board our ship, we're looking forward to your next trip to Puerto Vallarta, please recommend us with all your friends and family, have a nice day pirate!!

Kind regards from Marigalante.