“OKAY PLACE”
Review of Hotel Posada Lily

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Posada Lily
Ranked #42 of 71 Puerto Vallarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Hotel lily was an okay play to stay. The locaiton was a few feet away to the beach and close to restaurants. Main door is locked after a certain hour during the night and it took us a while to bang on the gate and wake up the hotel staff who are also staying in the second floor. Our toilet smelled like sewage and the hot water runs out later in the morning. Overall, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank nurselaine

Reviewed March 10, 2006

A great inexpensive hotel, a clean room and shower and a nice location near everything. I think this the best hotel at this price in town, try it.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank brooklyn2bh
Reviewed March 9, 2006

The basics. When I arrived at this small hotel at 9pm neither I nor the taxi driver could find the entrance. Posada Lily reminded me of european pensiones - a locked street side door going upstairs to a small office where the room was rented. Rooms are either street side where there is lots of sun and a very small patio to sit, or inside in which there were no windows, and probably much quieter. My room was 350 pesos ($35US)for street side. Family run, clean room and bath, half a block and you're on the sand. Perfect if you're not expecting much more.
I saw rooms at Hotel Posada de Roger(?), which was 3 blocks away inland -simple and classier, with nice entrance and patio, and a very nice courtyard; also a great restaurant adjacent. The place seemed uptone, nicely decorated and very clean. Those rooms were $40US single;$50 double. It seemed more like a nice place to return to.
I left for 3 days to travel and returned to PV for 5 more days and stayed at Villa Mercedes which was 3 blocks south of Lily. The rooms were very lovely, nicely decorated, nice bathroom, patio, cont.breakfast served by a very sweet pool - all in all cute/classy,and very quaint and again a block from the beach. I paid $75 single. I liked this south area of downtown PV much better, even tho it was just a few blocks away. There are great restaurants all around both areas- I didn't have a bad meal anywhere. I also saw rooms at the Tropicana across the street when I was going door to door for a room on my return trip. Nice rooms-hotel right on the beach. I was quoted $110US for a 'mini suite' which looked like a regular hotel room, but friends met said they were paying $75 advance booking and really liked the place - cant beat the location of any of these hotels as everything was very walkable. Found a local gym up along the south end of the river Cuale for $20/week.
I found PV established, with good food, beaches wonderful, good walking. Compared to other more remote areas of Mexico, PV is busy and alive with great restaurants and a bit of night life, and there is traffic and noise and honking horns, which echos down those cobble stone streets. Earplugs, 15 pesos ($1.50US - very good investment!)

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank Moses-CJ
A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed October 4, 2004

I really enjoyed my short stay of just two days. You can walk out the front entrance and be swimming in the ocean in less than one minute, give it 5 minutes and you be diving off the pier. If you want internet access the is PVCafe is right next door. Don't expect anything too fancy...it is just a clean place with a good location at decent price. I would not suggest it to the elderly people or physically challenged because you have to climb stairs with no rails no matter what floor you are on. The owners are also real nice...they helped me practice my spanglilsh.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2003

great little place! great location! this is wonderful if you don't need(or want) to be pampered and coddled in luxury. probably its US equivalent is Motel 6. Clean, close to all the cool stuff, and not expensive. if you go expecting only a clean room that is walking distance to all...then thats what you get.

13  Thank Markfoto
A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed June 15, 2003

My friends and I have stayed at the Lily a couple of times and recommend it to everyone. Great place to have a great time. Ask for the room on the second floor with the corner balcony.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2003

I had booked a hotel ahead of time Feb 2002 but it was terrible so I went looking down the street and found Posada Lily. Nice people, clean place, very inexpensive. I had a big room with two double beds and a big bathroom, a balcony, and color cable TV and A/C, a block from the beach and in the hear of Zona Romantica, the old town. I recommend it!
Henry