My husband & I jumped on this living social deal for this quaint B&B. Having only done a resort before in Mexico, we were excited to see this place. The photos on the website do it the justice it deserves - exactly as you see!
We stayed for 5 nights - more than enough time for a quite, restful vacation. Here are some thoughts and tips:
- airport ride is approx. 25 mins ($260 pesos from the airport, only $160 pesos to the airport)
- walk on beach to Old Town Puerto Vallarta is 20 mins; but in the heat, recommend taking a $5 US taxi ($40-$60 pesos, depending on where in Puerto Vallarta you are going)
- staff were excellent: meeting us on arrival, carrying our cases, always friendly and helpful, cleaned to perfection almost daily, breakfast served exactly how we want it, relaxed atmosphere, even nightly security to meet you when you come back from dinner
- Room: we stayed in the top floor (Maximiliano Suite) - OH MY GOODNESS! - what an amazing suite! No bugs, didn't need the air conditioned bedroom, had to adjust to the sound of the waves every night, fridge was stocked with drinks, mosquito coils, candles, stereo (no tv) with ipod connection. The views were spectacular, and the stairs up were not terrible.
- Facilities: pool was definitely small (which we knew before arriving), but with so few people staying in the villa, you can get the quick dip you need to cool off, or head down to your lounger by the ocean. Rooftop terrace was a highlight, both at night and during the afternoon - great spot for a drink and reading.
There is one restaurant that is a 10 minute walk on the beach, that you can easily get to without a taxi. Not the best food, but the best location for a sunset.
There are no vendors, time share people or anything 'touristy' on the beach, or close to the B&B - which is EXCELLENT!
It is an older building, so if you like modern/contemporary, then this is not for you. If you like rustic, original lavish furnishings, then this is the place for you.
If you like the 'all-inclusive' feel of a resort, this is not for you. At Quinta Maria Cortez, it feels like a home, so you don't have this urge to have to go out and do all these excursions, or to escape the resort.
We personally liked the flexibility of exploring the town and going in for dinner without the sheltered out of the way life of resorts.
We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atmospheric All-Suite B&B in Mediterranean-style architecture, situated on a secluded beach. 7 Suites on 8 levels all with private bath, kitchenettes and great views along with whimsical curios and original art. A roof top terrace great for watching sunsets along with a terrace on the beach for soaking in the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Quinta Maria Cortez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Maria Cortez Hotel Puerto Vallarta