Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
$184
$356
$273
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$378
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$140
  • Pool
$193
$81
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$261
$161
2,797 results
All reviewsbreeze barbella vistaparadise restaurantbeach vendorsclub nitroocean frontinformation deskroom servicebeach bartequila volleyballla piazzasushioceanfront roomtacossister hotelfrench restaurantreturning guests
Reviewed December 15, 2010

It was my first trip to Mexico in Dec 09 and my friend couldn't have picked a better stop for me to start. The resort was beautiful walking in. Right away I was offered a drink that I graciously accepted. Check in was very quick, which is what I like, the bellman helped us with our bags and explained the resort very easily. The food was free being all inclusive and I definitely took advantage of that, and the amazing drinks just kept coming. The only down flaw was on the beach with everyone in their mother trying to sell you something, and pretending to sleep was no help. The staff was very helpful when needed and spoke very good English. This is definitely a place to go to if you would like a relaxing get away but still want to see the town. GO!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank DSpillane
mpgiesemann, marketing office at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2010

Dear Customer,
Greetings, thanks for choosing Golden Crown Paradise It was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,
We hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you happen to visit Puerto Vallarta in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2010

Our sixth year at the GCP, weather was perfect, 30degreeshigh, no humidity, 15 degrees low, no need for air-conditioning. We were given a room on the fourth floor perfect view of the ocean. This is a small resort catering for adults only, staff work hard, room was clean, if a little dated. For older couples looking for a relaxing break, then this is the place for you. A few tips: Don't use the hotel internet , there is a internet place just round the corner for 1USD an hour, right next door in the little plaza is a gift shop with very reasonable prices, tee shirts four for $10 dollars, better than haggling with the beach vendors. Also Soriana supermarket is close by, tequilla prices better than the airport. I will be pleased to answer any questions that prospective visitors may have regarding this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank janton2016
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Reviewed December 10, 2010

My mom and I stayed at the GCP Nov. 24-28. I was not sure what the hotel was going to be like, as the reviews were inconsistent.

Rooms:
It took a little bit to get our room upon check-in, but not too long of a wait. Two beds would have been nice, but a king was just fine for us. The room was clean and we didn't see any bugs or disrepair. It is nice that most of the rooms in the hotel have a great ocean view, and ours was no exception. The staff is always cleaning or fixing something, and that was nice to see. They would also hold the elevators open for us, and wait for guests to use the elevators before they did.

Service:
The bartenders, waiters, waitresses and front desk staff were friendly and service was prompt. After check in we were referred to another desk for "information", which was informational, but it was also another timeshare "opportunity". The lady was nice when we said no, but we were approached a few more times during our stay to participate in the "invitation". We politely declined and they were fine.

Food:
I thought the food was pretty good. It was nice not to be stuck with a buffet for breakfast day after day, and they were accommodating when we requested special items. We also ate at Salvador's, the Paradise and the French restaurant at the sister hotel and all were very good. The snack bar by the pool was very good.

All in all, it was a good experience. We never once felt unsafe at the hotel or in PV. The beach vendors didn't really bother us, but we didn't spend much time on the beach. I decided to take a walk one day and the vendors were on a break, so I had a peaceful walk. We took the city tour that the hotel offered free. We had lunch near the tequila factory, which was a bit pricey, but the food was delicious. The portions were big enough to share if you didn't want to purchase 2 meals. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

I'd stay at GCP again.

• Stayed: November 2010
4  Thank mrrl08

Reviewed December 1, 2010

I found this hotel to have the best service I have ever experienced in Mexico. From the front desk clerks to the bellboys, from the hosts of the restaurants to the waitresses at the pool, everyone went out of their way to serve with a smile. If I had any problem or concern at all it was quickly addressed. There seemed to be a lot of flexibility to meet my requests which I appreciated. I had no worries whatsoever.
The room has a relaxing decor with watercolour fish prints. Every room has a balcony and view of the pool/ocean. You just can't beat that.
I have never found a bed to be too hard before but I asked for a "foamy" and that solved the problem.
Choosing to go solo travelling for the first time, it became apparent that the guests were also very friendly. I was invited to join groups of ladies for dinners. Most people were very friendly, especially at the water volleyball games. That was a great place to connect. The activity people made it fun.
I could tell that the restaurants try very hard to provide fancy meals and good quality food. Particularly the hosts were very welcoming and made me feel at home.
The surrounding outskirts of the entrance of the hotel could use some sprucing up.
It was an excellent value. I would love to go back. I would like to see the staff again. They are just very nice, hard-working people.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank spanakopita
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My Girlfriend and I stayed at GCP November 10th to the 24th, and were VERY satisfied with our choice to stay here. We used this vacation to scope out a couple of different resorts to return to next November with our children, and the sister resort (crown club) will be our choice.

We booked our vacation through WestJet back in June and I kind of suspected that by the time we arrived in November that some of our requests would have been lost over the course of time, this was not the case. We had asked for ocean front on one of the higher floors and this is EXACTLY what we received, no hassles or moving rooms after the fact. We were met at the airport by our Timmon Tour representative and directed to our shuttle and taken directly to GCP. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a fresh, COLD, drink and went through check-in quickly. After being given a quick orientation of the grounds, pools and bars on the resort by Zeus, we were taken to our room by the Bellhop. We stayed in room 2503 and were pleased right from the get go. A towel swan was waiting on the bed (nice touch) and the room was neither musty nor stuffy. The bellhop gave a clear and concise rundown of the room, safe, television, A/C and answered a couple of extra questions that we had.

Now to more generalizations regarding the resort. "The Pub" bar, closest to the front desk, was a great place to start the day (Arturro is the man to see for any of your beverage needs). The Breeze Bar (on the beach) Carlo is your hook-up here for excellent drinks. Try the Ula Ula, a Carlo original. Julio and Augustin are highly efficient and fun waiters. The girls at the Information Desk, double as Timeshare Sellers, BUT BUT BUT do not let this steer you away from using them. Gloria and Ere asked us ONLY once if we were interested and after saying 'no', they never asked us again and in fact became very good friends of ours and were very helpful in organizing my birthday party downtown (and actually showed up for it) and assisted in a number of other things we needed assistance with. Our WestJet/ Timmon Tour rep, Jacobeth was at the resort in the lobby everyday between 11:30 and 1:00pm and organized our tours for us. Reps from 3 or 4 vacation providers were there daily (WestJet, Sunwing, Expedia etc.) I haven't seen this service at the other resorts we have stayed at If you don't have a rep there, feel free to use the services of the tour desk, no timeshare there, and make sure that you ask for the FREE City/Tropical tour, it is a great way to get a feel for Puerto Vallarta. Juin was excellent as tour guide.

. After reading some of the reviews encouraging people to skip the massage at the resort and heading across the street to Majestic, I did. Not a good idea! I ended up trying the spa at GCP in the hopes that they could undo what Majestic did. They did! I found the spa pricey, but I have nothing negative to say about them. I did return to Majestic once more and left feeling the way I should have the first time.

I had occasion to visit with the Manager Ricardo and found him extremely helpful and attentive. (my Girlfriend found some wine in "Paradise" that she just had to have.) Usually you can't find the Manager and being able to walk right into his office and sit down with him was refreshing. Two thumbs up Ricardo!!

The Restaurants:
I will admit up front that we didn't get to all of the Ala Carte restaurants, but I will cover the ones we did. Just to be clear, you have to make reservations at the same place that you get your beach towels, they have multiple seating times at each restaurant, but I would suggest booking as early in the day as you can, to ensure you get a time that works for you.

Paradise. (upstairs from lobby) We dined here twice during our stay and were not dissappointed. The food was excellent and you get the benefit of multiple "sexy coffee" shows. The only thing that could use some improvement is the soup. Long on flavor, but short on substance. (Mushroom soup should have more than 1 piece of Mushroom in it)

Fujiyama. (japanese on the family side) DON'T bother is my opinion. The Maitre' d is the most dour man you could ever meet, the food is bland, boring and everything is just blah.

Palapa. (buffet on family side) Juan, Carlos and Siad. Thank you for the excellent service! I have read many reviews from people saying how bad the food is at the buffet, I don't know what buffets they usually eat at, but the food here was as good as any other one I have eaten at. There are some things that I didn't enjoy, but there was plenty to make up for that and enough variety daily that I didn't get bored of going there. Try the pasta bar, it is a must. I have to make mention once again of the waiters, especially Juan. You made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Service. Use this service!! The breakfast menu on the back of the door handle is very handy. Fill it out the night before, hang it on your door before 3am with the time that you want it delivered and it will be there. (they have bacon, but avoid the sausage. They look like cocktail weiners and taste like bologna) The fruit plate is delicious too. Crave a cheeseburger at midnight? give them a call and it will be there.

Snack bars. The one by the main pool at GCP is the better of the two, the other is on the family side, but the have ice cream. lol

I am still extremely impressed by the seemingly non-stop upkeep going on around the resort. Workers were always somewhere painting, cleaning and sweeping. Nicely done. Places where the paint was peeling or flaking off, one day, the next were painted or being painted. Our Chamber maid, Martha, was the best. If we were short of anything and she was around, she would drop what she was doing and take care of our needs.

The only point of negativity that I need to mention, and this is NOT the fault of the resort, was the group of 10 or 12 twenty-somethings that tried making the resort their own personal playground. The all night party in the pool area was met with multiple complaints to the front desk. The resort dealt with this in a unique way that I found interesting. They closed the pool bar early any night that these people were firing up too late in the evening, thereby forcing them to move to a different bar on the resort, away from people who were trying to sleep. Well done GCP.

So, all in all, I am impressed with this resort and we will be recommending it to our friends. We made some great new friends from Canada and the U.S. Thank You Golden Crown for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple