“the greatest wedding ever”

Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #41 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband and I travelled to pv in january to get married. There were 26 of us and our wedding was perfect. We had travelled to gcp before and we absolutely adored the adults only aspect as well as the great restaurants, 24 hour room service, club nitro right across the street, and the beautiful views. We upgraded to the honeymoon suite which is a must do if u can afford it. We love the freindly service and great restaurants. I read a review before that said not to get married here but this was the perfect wedding in my opinion. I find that there are alot of resorts that specialize in weddings but i find that having a wedding at the resort every day takes away from the specialness of your day. Golden crown is not your typical wedding resort but I can not imagine getting married anywhere else. Every request I made was granted, the decorations were beautiful, and the view was amazing. I would Highly recomend gcp.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank cilly_girl
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

Dear Customer,
Greetings, thanks for choosing Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta It was a pleasure to have you with us, Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,
We hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you happen to visit Puerto Vallarta in the future.

With best regards,
Marc Giesemann

Write a ReviewReviews (2,634)

Reviewed May 6, 2010

My husband and I are in our late 20's and this was our first visit to PV. We decided on the GCP, because it was adults only and was ranked as one of the best all inclusives on TripAdvisor at the time of our booking. (We do have 2 small children but they weren't coming with us, we wanted a quiet adults-only time) We read many many reviews for different resorts, and decided that GCP fit what we were looking for… good price and quality. Then after booking we read some reviews about it being old, dated, for senior citizens, ect. That made us nervous. We decided to just go and make the best of it. Hey, if it's really that bad we'll just spend our time next door at the family hotel, since we have privileges there, right? Well, we went and had a wonderful vacation! There were people of all ages including their 20’s. We met many great people and had an awesome time. We stayed the Wednesday after Easter, until the following Tuesday (4/7/10-4/13/10). Upon arrival we were greeted with a fruity drink and the bellboy loaded up our luggage. We checked in quickly, and within 10 minutes were in our bathing suits and were headed to the pool. The pool waitress Alejandra is excellent! She is always checking that your cup is full! The bartenders were great, and it doesn't matter if you are male, female, tip them or not, (though we recommend it for as hard as they work) they always give great service. We read reviews about the cups not always being clean, so we walked to walmart that evening and checked out the area, and bought some PBA free plastic bottles. The staff had no problem making our drinks in these, and we could wash them so we knew they were clean. (P.S. PV has filtered drinking water that is safe, however GCP does give you 2 bottles of water per day)We really enjoyed the nachos and pork tacos at the by pool, and the ceviche at the Breeze snack bar on the beach between the two hotels. Tons of places to eat and grab a drink! There were always loungers open at the pool or on the beach, but the ones in the shade by the pool were usually taken by 9am. During the day there are activities you can participate in at the pool each hour. They have tequila volleyball, beach volleyball, windsurfing, kayaking, ect. Lots of fun stuff to keep you busy if you get bored! After our first night of sleep, we called down for the eggshell foam topper for our bed because it really IS as hard as you hear about. But that was brought up and made on our bed in no time. The rooms are very basic, but always clean. We only went in there to sleep and change, so we weren’t looking for anything fancy. All rooms have a view of the bay, but we stayed on the 7th floor so our view was not obstructed by the palm trees. We spent our week drinking and eating plenty. We had ala carte breakfast at los gallos twice and they also made us a to-go lunch when we went on the outdoor adventure tour (highly recommended), and the morning we left for the airport. Just ask and they will have your lunch packed and ready when it’s time for you to leave. They are very accommodating. We ate at Paradise restaurant 2x, and Salvadors at GCP. They were both good but DON’T miss Paradise and ask for Polly’s “sexy coffee” for dessert. (bring your camera for that!) For your 7 day stay they give you 3 green coupons that you can use for dining at the sister hotel. We used two coupons, and ate at the French and Italian restaurants. We wanted to use our last one and eat at the Japanese on our last night, but they are closed on Mondays. Both the French and Italian were good. The creamy soups at all restaurants was just flavored gravy. I recommend having the OTHER soup they offer. But the salad and main courses were very good everywhere. The desserts were hit and miss. Some excellent and some not really edible  We never had a problem making dinner reservations, even at 4pm we could still make reservations. We also used the "dine around" coupon GCP offers. They will make reservations for you downtown at either Si Señor or Blue Shrimp. We chose the blue shrimp. I would only recommend this if you are going to be in town anyway, and might as well have a free dinner. We really didn’t think it was anything special. The portions were pretty small, but the decorations were pretty cool. GCP in general was wonderful, all the staff work really hard to make your stay the best! We really enjoyed our stay and are already planning our next visit to GCP.

4  Thank jjrankin
mpgiesemann, Public Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

Dear Customer,
Greetings, thanks for choosing Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta It was a pleasure to have you with us, thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,

With best regards,
Marc Giesemann

Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I have been going to the Golden Crown Paradise for the past seven years. I can honestly say, it just gets better every year. Each February we meet at the Golden Crown with four other couples from both Canada and the US and it is our plan to return again in 2011. What makes this hotel so special is the staff. Everyone goes that extra mile to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable vacation. Wonderful restaurants with lots of varienty of great foods are available in the Golden Crown as well as in their sister hotel next door. The little grill by the pool makes the worlds best bar-b-que hambergers and serves up a different treat every day. This year my husband was confined to a wheelchair as a result of a stroke. I was apprehensive about how we might cope on vacation. The hotel is well set up to accommodate a wheel chair and on top of that, everyone from the Security staff to the Bartenders, when seeing me approach, ran to assist me in pushing my husband up or down the ramps. I also had a medical problem one evening, and with the assistance of Francisco, one of the very experienced Bellmen, I was discretely wisked out of a crowned restaurant and into a private quiet room where my husband and friends awaited the arrival of the ambulance. There are too many great staff to mention all by name (like Manuel, another great Bellman who every year helps my husband "surprize" me with another beautiful bouquet of flowers on Valentines Day. There is Polly, the Maitre d in the Paradise restaurant who is famous for his "sexy" coffee and his wonderful hospitality, Rubin is also in Paradise restaurant who warms your heart with the sparkel in his eye and his amazing smile, I can't forget Antonio at the front desk, who gets great pleasure in telling you that you can not have what you are asking for (with a very serious look on his face), then grinning from ear to ear while he is responding positively to your every request) The warmth, the honesty and the integrity of the people who work in this hotel is really what brings us back year after year. The hotel is immaculately clean and we were given fresh towels twice a day. Our bed was turned down nightly, with a chocolate on our pillow at night and we made sure we demonstrated our appreciation with a few dollars left on the pillow the next day as we understood tips are appreciated and shared among all staff. The location is a little off the main road which gets you away from all the traffic noises but it is close enough to a large supermarket so you can pop out and grab anything you might have forgotten to pack or if you had a craving for something not available in the little store by the pool. I have travelled extensively on business and stayed in many 5 star hotels, and yes, you may find some that are more posh, some that are much more expensive and I have also received excellent services but I can honestly say, I have not stayed in any others that made me feel as comfortable, as welcome or as special as The Golden Crown Paradise. ----

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Sunseeker154954
Reviewed May 3, 2010

GCP ROCKS! We met so many great people, and create friends for life! It's Clean, Almost all the food is excellent (beware the strange hamburgers). Staff is great! Activities are fun! And the location is better than any other resort in PV (right next to the marina, and that's where you head out from for most of your activities, i.e. sip lines, booze cruise etc.... so no hoping in another cab after your 1 hour boat trip, you just strole on over). and while your stolling on over, grab yourself another cold one at the sister hotel. No problems with any of the restraunts, didn't make reservations? (we didn't) they'll seat you anyway, lost your green ticket for the sister resort? The staff doesn't care, they'll seat you anyway. Pillows SUCK however, buy one at walmart, or bring your own!! Other than that, this is hands down the best resort in PV for the money!!

5  Thank teamsupercool
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise a couple of years ago, and I didn't realize that I never wrote a review. This place IS AMAZING. The staff was absolutely phenomenal. Everyone was very helpful and we still to this day whenever we talk about the trip talk about the 'sexy coffee'. Mind you, the restaurant that offers this is kind of hidden, but it's worth it for a GREAT SHOW!

We take a big trip to an all inclusive every year and this is the ONLY place we have ever talked about going back. It made that much of an impression on us.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chelso0o
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The GCP is definitely a diamond in the rough. We have stayed at 4-star resorts in Cancun and Riviera Maya. Based on reviews we read prior to our trip, we didn't know what to expect.

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and checkin took approximately 5 minutes. We were escorted to our lovely room by Danny the bellman who could not have been more friendly. Our room was spacious and clean with an amazing view of the Bay. The room was nothing special, but we didn't plan to spend alot of our time in it. As long as it was clean, we were happy. And it was.

Speaking of the room, shampoo, lotion and bar soap was provided. If you are used to something more, like shower gel, bring it.

The food in the restaurants was good. We ate at Salvadores, Paradise, Fujiyama (next door). All were very tasty and service in these restaurants was very good. We had breakfast 2 mornings at La Palapa, the buffet next door. It was very good too. Most of the mornings we enjoyed a simple breakfast at The Breeze Snack Bar, on the beach - waffles and fresh fruit. They always had a pot of coffee ready first thing in the morning.

I do have to comment at the service at The Pub and The Breeze - many times we felt we were invisible, which was frustrating, but we dealt with it. Alejandra at the Pool Bar always went above and beyond for all of her guests.

Beach vendors - there were many. A simple "no gracias" and they would go away. However, there were many more vendors just waiting in the wings - sometimes as many as 25-30! We found that the vendors did not hit the beach until 10:00AM. So we would visit the beach in the early morning and then take a place at the pool.

The pool is not large - I believe it is advertised as "almost" Olympic size. There are plenty of chaises for everyone. It is clean and very well maintained.

As far as the guests - during our visit, ages ranged from 20's to 60's. We felt it was a very good mix and everyone was very friendly. You could have a party atmosphere, or just sit back and relax. it was wonderful.

We took advantage of the complimentary City Tour. We highly recommend doing this as you get a great perspective of Puerto Vallarta - from the tourist areas to the real Mexico and its poorest inhabitants. The tequila factory was fun and we thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant that was part of the tour. We shared a shrimp festival and it was amazing!

The day of our checkout, the taxi was not supposed to pick us up until 2:00. We asked for a late checkout of 1:00 and were cheerfully accomodated. Our bags were stowed safely in the hospitality suite and we then enjoyed lunch and a few more cocktails until the taxi arrived. For some reason, the taxi did not show up as scheduled. Manuel, the bellman on duty, took this very personally and made sure that another taxi arrived in time and took us to the airport in a timely manner.

All in all, this was a wonderful vacation. As previously mentioned, we have stayed in 4-star accommodations, but we will return to GCP next year. It is a tremendous value for the money and Puerto Vallarta is simply beautiful.

Please feel free to send me a message with any questions.

5  Thank IndyMaaa
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Golden Crown Paradise is not the Four Seasons or the Waldorf, and if people go there thinking it is, of course they will be disappointed. There is no such hotel in PV.
What the GCP is, is a clean, moderately priced all-inclusive that consistantly gives more bang for the buck. I have never been anywhere in the world where I was treated better by the entire staff, from the desk clerks, to the maids, to the bartenders. The friendly staff there are the main reason I have returned the past 5 years in a row. At check-in, they even tell you, "Welcome Home." Over the years I have brought my friends, my immediate family, my mother-in-law, and even my own parents, and they all had nothing but great things to say about their experiences.
This year I stayed from 4/18-4/23. We were immediately shown to our top floor room overlooking the large pool area. It was very clean and comfortable, and stayed that way throughout the week. Later that evening a ceramic, hand-painted sign showed up next to our door with the words, "Casa ******" (our last name), and a plate of petite desserts was waiting inside the room with a personal card of welcome from the PR manager.
The food and service at all the restaurants was as good as ever, and there were plenty of bartenders to go around. Even though they were hopping sometimes, they made an extra effort to mix up some specialty drinks for us, and they remember the regulars and their usuals. I've never had to utilize this service, but I am told that if you plan to do a tour or excursion, they will make you a box lunch and fill your travel mug with your favorite drink to take with you, if requested.
Over the week we met many wonderful and interesting people from all over.

Check out time is noon, and if you have a later flight, filling the gap in time can sometimes be dicey. In most places, you can store your bags, but that's about it. GCP allowed us to keep our wristbands and continue to use the facilities until we had to depart at 2. That came as as a great feeling of relief and we enjoyed a nice lunch with drinks, and a little more time to drink in the fabulous views from the beach.
I want to thank everyone at the GCP for making our stay amazing once again. See you again, next year!
I am a little embarassed that their english is so much better than my spanish, though.

• Stayed: April 2010