“my other home”

Ranked #44 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Clearwater, Canada
“my other home”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

well I would like to say about all the negative posts I have been to this Resort 13 times and is great,food is great Drinks are not watered down ask and you will receive,front desk staff is great Antonio you are great Marycruze you are also great I will be back soon!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank murraymatusky56
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello murraymatusky56,

We're all delighted that you had such a wonderful time and can't thank you enough for sharing your experience here with others on TripAdvisor.
We so appreciate your loyalty, support, and repeat business and are honored that we are your preferred residence when visiting beautiful Puerto Vallarta.

All best wishes and with much appreciation from all of us at Golden Crown Paradise!
Katarina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
Strathmore, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food is horrable, The room services is well hard to describe...ordered from and either did not get order, or order was wrong. Entertainment or lack there of was okay. Staff was lazy and not very welcoming.

5 Thank travellots1967
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear travellots1967,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor service and stay you had during your recent visit to our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through our service and amenities and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet your expectations. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to Puerto Vallarta in the future.

Bedford TX
Reviewed June 12, 2014

5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes to downtown. Adults only resort, next to their family friendly resort. There are no buffets here, all 3 restaurants are a la carte Reservations are required for dinner, so make those arrangements when you check in..Standard rooms have big balconies. All rooms have iron and board.All rooms are ocean view. The lobby is very breezy. There is an olympic size pool with jacuzzi and the pool is heated in the winter. There are sailboat and jet ski rentals on the beach. Sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach in season. There is a wedding chapel on the beach. This is not a luxurious hotel, but it is very modern, clean, and very comfortable. Great place for adults in a multi generation family vacation.Families are just next door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Racing2dayBedfordTX
Hello Racing2dayBedfordTX,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you found our location to your liking and enjoyed your time at the hotel. I’m sure your review of our facilities and services will be of great help to TripAdvisor readers.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to hosting you again!

Warm regards,
La Grange Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I found a great deal on Travelzoo for a long weekend stay, non-stop air flight to Golden Crown Paradise Resort in Puerto Vallarta. The week we went we went was our 30th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed it. It was our first time to Puerto Vallarta. 5th time to Mexico.
Our other stays have been in the Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, & Maya Riveria. The water and beaches in Puerto Vallarta are not as clear & pretty, not even close.
We stayed in room 2607 an ocean front room. The room was very clean an adequate in size. The air conditioner was not good. The room at night was not kept cool by the unit. I agree with a previous review adding a ceiling fan would go a long way in helping cool the room off.

I did not feel the front desk help cared when we told them the remote did not work & about the air conditioner the clerk behind the counter looked at us with contempt said maintenance was busy then wrote down a different room number than the one we gave him. My husband turned to leave and as I walked up to the counter to have him write down the correct room number he was crumbling the note & throwing it away. No... No One from maintenance came to look at the air unit or bring a new remote... I did not hold it against maintenance I do not think they got our message. That was the only thing disappointing for us, and we did not let it ruin our long weekend from home.

We ate all our evening meals at Paradise. I will post a few pictures of it. We picked it by random choice the first night liked it so much we kept coming back they changed the menu every night and we liked everything we got especially ending the meal with the flaming coffee made table side for us by Pauly. We are still talking about how much we enjoyed Pauly's show. I will post picture of him also.

If we go back I would pick a different room. From the design all rooms seemed like they would have a "view" of the ocean. Ours was the closest & was a full ocean view, but there was a bar directly below us that closed at midnight I think 2 of the nights there were rowdy drinkers we could hear chanting & hollering over the air conditioner.

Drinks- were OK My husband like Gin & Tonic if you get it early there is better quality liquor. Later in the evening it taste like rubbing alcohol. The drinks in the restaurant Paradise were always top shelf. I had a very good lemon drop martini.

The pool is small but for our stay was not over crowded. It was easy to get a covered cabana each day.

We walked as far as we could both was on the beach each morning barefoot someone posted you need water-shoes to go on the beach I disagree. The breakfast & lunch buffets we enjoyed at the sister hotel next door that is family friendly.

The workers was always mopping or sweeping to keep the appearance clean and nice. This is a dated resort it could benefit from some outdoor updating. There was renovations happening at the family friendly sister resort new pool, outside building being repainted and updated. I would say the cabanas on our beach were nicer.

This was resort very close to the airport and walking distance to the marina. There is a flea market we went to on the last day and the prices were very good and the vendors are very appreciative we bought from them.

If I got another good deal I would go back, I would not at this time pay a lot to stay here compared to the other resorts we have been to. I would select a different room location. This was the first time we stayed at an adults resort, and we did enjoy it. Your stay and enjoyment is some times what you make of it. If you focus on the negatives you will only see the negative. We had a very enjoyable time & plan to travel to adult only resort from now on.

Room Tip: 2607 was clean. Air conditioner cooled, but did not circulate the air into the room. The view was...
2 Thank somethinggr8
Hello somethinggr8,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards, and that your Front Office experience was not helpful. I have passed your comments along to our Front Desk Manager, as it is through such feedback that we are able to continually improve our on property experience to meet and exceed the needs of our guests.
I am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and that you had a great dining experience and overall enjoyed the facilities and services. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment Pauly’s great show. I’m sure he’ll be happy to hear you mentioning it.

We feel honored that you have chosen us to spend such important occasion as your anniversary celebration, and we sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you plan to visit beautiful Puerto Vallarta. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as it would be a pleasure to assist you with your pre-arrival arrangements.

Best wishes,
San jose
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Let me keep this short, you get what you pay for....the food here is horrible taste like cardboard the drinks are watered down the service sucks only a Carlos and the two gentlemen from Olympic tours were awesome, the shower was a little dangerous getting in I have two huge bruises from trying to get in, our room did not get serviced when we asked for it, the sister hotel was a lot nicer then this one it needs to be updated, the beds are hard, the only great part of this hotel was the location other then that I would not go back and would not recommend to anyone...

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Paulineg96
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello Paulineg96,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at the Crown Paradise Golden. I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Reviews like yours are the one that help us to improve in areas where we have fallen short. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through our service and amenities and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet your expectations.

Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The minute we arrived we were attacked by an employee to attend a "vacation club seminar". We had just arrived and were there to relax. To top it off, they wanted a down payment to attend their seminar!!??
The food and service were awful. The staff spent more time talking with each other then focusing on the guests. When we ordered drinks or food you didn't get what you ordered or you had to wait. The pizza at the snack bar was so hard the seagulls had to drop it in the pool to soften it....TRUE story! There was plenty of staff but seemed to have no direction.

4 Thank hiker9038
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello hiker9038,

I would like to apologize on behalf of Crown Paradise Golden that our services and attention did not fulfill your expectations during your recent stay with us. I would have loved for you to experience the true spirit of our hotel while making fantastic vacation memories.
Our representatives are here to provide information of the benefits of being a Vacation Club member and I apologize if you felt they were too persistent for you as this is not their goal.
It is unfortunate you were unsatisfied with our food options and quality, and that the service provided by our staff was not up to our usual high standards. I will discuss your comments with the team as I am very much concerned with your negative impression, as we are well known for our outstanding service and super friendly staff.

I appreciate very much the time you have taken to review us on TripAdvisor and would like to invite you back to try us again in the future, we would love to have the opportunity to change your mind. Please contact me directly if you would like to make vacation arrangements with us in the future; I would like to have the opportunity to show you the true spirit of our hotel.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This review is based on an ocean front room (#2603) that my wife and I stayed in from June 2 to 7. We are in our mid 60's and have stayed in 3 other all-inclusive resorts
This resort has been given 3 to 4 stars and I have to wonder why. At most a 2 1/2 is all my wife and I would give it. It has a good location and the beach is good but a little rough sand but nice. The accommodations however need work. Our check-in was fast but beware of the things you are told as it cost you ( especially about the wrist band). The rooms are dated, the TV not worth turning on as there are only a few stations in English and even on some of those the volume does not work. Wi-Fi is only there if you pay for it, NOWHERE is it free and it is not cheap. One has to go a block down the street and buy $4 worth of coffee or something for wi-fi. We had an ocean front room and the Air conditioning was very weak and very loud, we needed it on 24/7. If we had had a ceiling fan it would have been great - but we didn't.
There is a very good safe. The bathroom was nice except the shower was dangerous getting in and getting out. very slippery We had to have a rubber bath mat brought up for safety sake.
Room service was questionable. Our room came with 2 glasses and 2 coffee cups, no glasses in the bathroom until we brought some up from the bar. The maid service didn't make it in our room some days until after 4pm and on those days we just had our towels exchanged. The days that they made up our room when we were not there we had to ask later for bath mats, or hand towels, or we just used our shower towel for everything.
The grounds where very nice and the pool was always clean and sparkling, the bars [3] were in good locations. the drinks they made were fine but if you wanted a top brand alcohol you had ask for it by brand and get there early as they seem to run out quite often and your other choices were only Mexican brands. The restaurants [3] were good but not memorable. Out of the 6 other people we were with, not once did anyone ever say that was the a great dinner.
The staff was as nice and helpful as can be. Any problems were quickly taken care of and they seen to care about your well being. My wife and friend took a yoga class and were pleased with the instructor and location. We all went to 1 show at their Nitro club and we were all entertained
Over all we had a nice time but remember "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR'

Room Tip: The non-ocean view rooms have ceiling fans but the ocean Front ones do not.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ACMILAS
Hello ACMILAS,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your experience of your stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and have shared your concerns regarding the air conditioning and housekeeping with the receptive teams in order to investigate the reported issues and take appropriate action.

As a Hotel we appreciate your feedback and hope that by sharing we are able to learn more about our guests, their needs and how to ensure they have a memorable stay.

We have a manager on duty 24/7 and they will be more than happy to assist our guest with any reported problems.

I am pleased that in general you enjoyed your stay and that you found the Hotel and our team satisfactory. Should you need any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back.