“Home away from Home!”

Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #44 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We just return from another wonderful trip to the Golden Crown Paradise. I believe this was our 10 or 11 time to stay. The main reason we stay at the GCP is because of the friendly staff and the people we meet there. We've got lifetime friends from all over the world that we've met at the GCP. The hotel was getting ready to start a major renovation and I can't wait to see the upgrades next year when we return. I've had some good and bad meals at the GCP. The good ones out weigh the bad by far. I appreciate the staff and their willingness to correct a mistake, whether its a meal or something wrong in my room. I like the convenient location where you are close to malls, airport, marina and downtown. My only complaint that I have is the loud music in the morning. I think that between 7:00-9:00 A.M. the music at the Breeze and in Bueno Vista should be softer. It's irritating for those who want to sleep in to be awaken by loud music. The guy who plays music is awesome but even he can be a bit loud in the morning. I enjoy going to the Breeze first thing in the morning and drink my coffee and listen to the ocean. It's annoying when the music is too loud. However, when I asked the bartender to turn down the music he was most accommodating. The loud music is not enough to keep us from not returning. We love the GCP and will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Twoplants1007
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Hola Twoplants1007,

On behalf of the Golden Crown Paradise team, we would like you to know how much we appreciate your loyalty and continuos visits to our resort.

It is truly rewarding to hear that the efforts and friendliness of our staff are one of the reasons you keep returning. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
We took good note of your observation regarding the music in the morning, and we’ll certainly take it into consideration.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions, please make sure to let us know about your next visit, so that we prepare a special welcome for you!

My best wishes,
Katarina

Write a ReviewReviews (2,506)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Spent the first 3 weeks of January at the Golden Crown Paradise and had a great time. A little disappointed on arrival as much older then we expected and first room was pretty run down, however Guest Services Manager, Antonio, was most helpful is making sure we had a great room for our 3 week stay. Found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful - to name a few - Antonio, Gabby, Benjy, Fernando, Danny, Gloria, Anna, Carlos at the bar, Adrian, Bruno and Pauly - all great people! Found the quality and presentation of the food at all of the a la cartes to be very, very good, however the Buffet at Crown Paradise next door certainly left a lot to be desired - only tried it once.

Location is super and so handy for the Marina for trips (a 2 - 3 minute walk), 10 minute walk to Walmart and a beautiful shopping mall, and 2 blocks to local bus for trips into town and the Malacon for less than $1 USD. Good beach and yes, vendors are a bit of a nuisance, but this is Mexico, and that is how they make their living. A simple no or shake of the head and they don't bother you.

Found the shows to be very amateur compared to other resorts we have visited, and had hoped for a little more adult entertainment, rather than geared for kids.

Rooms are simple, but kept very clean and well stocked. Bed was quite comfortable. Not sure we would return as we do like trying different hotels every year, but it was a most enjoyable vacation and we met so many great people - wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: We had a corner, beachfront room (#1401) and it was very quiet (other than pool and music noise duri...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rico B
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Hola Rico B,

We truly appreciate your visit to Golden Crown Paradise. Thank you for letting us know you had a great time.
As you have mentioned we are not a newly built hotel, but with our location and services, we offer very competitive prices in the region.
We appreciate all the compliments of the staff, we are very fortunate to have such an excellent team who is very passionate about giving their all on a daily basis. It is always encouraging when these efforts are noticed.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This was the first time I have ever been disappointed when traveling! It is not what it is advertised to be. This resort caters to people over 60 years old, so a good resort if you are that age. The quality and variety of food and drinks is of a 3 star resort level. Example: instead of fresh guacamole there is green liquid, instead of bacon there is mini weiners. The cleanliness is quite questionable. The pool music is very mellow 80's elevator music. There is little interactive entertainment during the day. The nightly entertainment is not done by professionals and is souly geared for the kids staying in the sister family resort. Example: Name that movie!
The beds are comfortable, the beach is nice and the a la carte restaurants are good.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greenifer

Dear Greenifer,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your recent stay with us.
We truly apologize that you did not have the experience you were expecting.
We’re glad to know that you found the beds comfortable, and enjoyed the beach and the a la carte restaurants.
On the other hand we are sorry to hear that you consider we lack on the quality and variety of food and drinks. We offer an extensive list of unlimited domestic and premium beverages, pride ourselves with our specialty restaurants and snack bars, and not to forget a 24h room service.
In reference to cleanliness, our staff works 24/7 to ensure the amenities are spotless and I apologize if something was overlooked as our staff give their all daily to ensure that no one is left with your impression.
Once again, thank you for posting, and from the entire team and myself, we do hope to see you again at Golden Crown Paradise.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am a commercial pilot and work in Mexico most of my time so have stayed all over the country, First thing I would like to say about the negative reviews: some of these things are just plain cultural differences, the Golden Crowne is one of the best deals for the price I have ever found in Mexico and the staff is just fantastic. Time and again they have gone the extra mile to make me comfortable and to feel welcome. They have several places to eat and all are good, yes the buffet is just that a buffet but the quality is just as good as any. I do agree that the beach vendors are annoying but beaches in Mexico are public property and the vendors are just a fact of life pretty much every where you go. The hotel has one of the best beaches and a great location over all. The good people at Golden Crowe make me feel like I am at my home away from home I recommend this hotel to any one..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MikeGarcia6693

Hola MikeGarcia6693,

Thank you for such a kind review!
Reading reviews like this one, makes us all really proud to be a part of Golden Crown Paradise team. We never get tired of walking around with smiles and assisting in every way possible. We couldn't be happier to know that our fantastic staff made you feel so welcome and that you consider us your home away from home!
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon and we aim for your next stay to be an even better one. Until we meet again…

Saludos from Pto Vallarta,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

As we pulled up to the entrance the taxi driver exclaimed something to the effect of closed. We looked up to see the main entrance boarded up and jack hammers tearing walls down. My first thought was this is going to be a long week. Walking up to the temporary check in it was obvious we were there during a major renovation. They seemed surprised to see us and couldn't believe our travel agency hadn't informed us of the situation. After the initial shock things changed quickly.
They tried getting us into their sister resort next door with no luck. Our next option was a 1 bedroom suite on the end with an ocean view and as far away from the construction as possible. The room was a bit dated but much better than we were planning on staying in. Contrary to many of the reviews the room was always kept very clean, well stocked and comfortable. My only complaint would be the bed was a bit hard.
Food was down a little , in the buffet, from our first trip. In their defense the main buffet was one of the buildings under construction. It was moved to a much smaller restaurant with much less space than normal so selection was smaller. The food was always very good at the other dining venues. Don't miss the taco cart next to the pool bar on Fridays.
My bar experience was also very good. We've learned to bring our own insulated mugs- drinks stay cold and last longer. At first the drinks could have been a little weak,. After our faces became familiar and they learned how we liked them we never had a complaint. The selection included many name brand liquors.
Access to down town was very easy. We took the city bus, 2 block walk, several times during the week. It was a great way to see the city from a locals point of view and much cheaper than a taxi.
Yes there are a great deal of beach vendors. If you take the time to get to know some of them you can learn a great deal about the city and see the pride they have in it. Simply saying no thanks worked for us. Once they began recognizing us they would walk by and hold up their goods but not stop unless we flagged them down. My wife was looking for a specific item which we'd seen on our first trip. After describing it to one of the vendors he was back three days later, as promised, with the object.
I was very impressed with the care that had been taken to segregate guest from the construction. They began work late and finished early so you hardly knew they were there. The improvements I saw make me excited to go back in the near future.

Room Tip: The North wing is more secluded and quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hockey78

Hola hockey78,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We are always delighted when our guests return and more so when they have an experience that exceeds their expectations. We’re glad you were pleased with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. The team and I are pleased that you like the changes, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Once again, thank you so much for your review, we are so excited to know that we will welcome you again in the near future as your loyalty is truly appreciated! Please contact us directly for any assistance regarding your pre-arrival arrangements.

Saludos from Puerto Vallarta,

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The service is terrible, the rooms look like they hadn't been remodeled since the 70s the ac makes an awful noise and the play the music very loud since 8am , impossible to rest, the food is bad and they take forever to serve you . I had to leave the place 2 days before because of the service, the worst experience ever.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank jorgenieto2016
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Mr Jorge nieto,

On behalf of Golden Crown Paradise, I would like to thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us and apologize that our services and attention did not fulfill your expectations. We’re truly sorry that you left with such an impression.
As per your comments about the inconvenience with the a/c and the music, did you mention any of your issues with the hotel? In situations when our guests have any special comments, requests (such as the location of the room not being to your liking) we strongly encourage guests to contact our Guests Services Manager, this always give us an opportunity to give guests options to ensure a memorable stay.

Most importantly we take pride in offering the warmest and most attentive service. I am disappointed that your overall impression was less in this respect than we strive for and please rest assured that we will continue to work on this.

Although we understand that the unfulfilled expectations may prevent you from visiting us in the future, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and change the poor perception you have of our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I would like to say about all the negative posts,I have been to this Resort for 14 times in a row
I Have no Complaints about this Property service ,cleaning food and barmaids bartenders etc
The best is Ophelia Thank you!! all you have to do is ask

I have had a few problems with my room but a polite call and within 20 minutes was fixed

Best place I have been and met so may friends all over North America in Dec there are about 20 to 30 of us show up Canada and USA

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank murraymatusky56
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear murraymatusky56,

Thank you from the entire Golden Crown Paradise Resort and myself for being our loyal guest for so many years! It gives us such joy to hear that you consider us your second home. Ophelia will be thrilled to hear you mentioned her great service.
I believe it is all those wonderful and heartening comments from our wonderful guests that allow us to maintain a constant quality service.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!

My warmest regards,