“Mr Jorge nieto”

Ranked #46 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Mexico City, Mexico
“Mr Jorge nieto”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The service is terrible, the rooms look like they hadn't been remodeled since the 70s the ac makes an awful noise and the play the music very loud since 8am , impossible to rest, the food is bad and they take forever to serve you . I had to leave the place 2 days before because of the service, the worst experience ever.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank jorgenieto2016
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Mr Jorge nieto,

On behalf of Golden Crown Paradise, I would like to thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us and apologize that our services and attention did not fulfill your expectations. We’re truly sorry that you left with such an impression.
As per your comments about the inconvenience with the a/c and the music, did you mention any of your issues with the hotel? In situations when our guests have any special comments, requests (such as the location of the room not being to your liking) we strongly encourage guests to contact our Guests Services Manager, this always give us an opportunity to give guests options to ensure a memorable stay.

Most importantly we take pride in offering the warmest and most attentive service. I am disappointed that your overall impression was less in this respect than we strive for and please rest assured that we will continue to work on this.

Although we understand that the unfulfilled expectations may prevent you from visiting us in the future, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and change the poor perception you have of our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Katarina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
Clearwater, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I would like to say about all the negative posts,I have been to this Resort for 14 times in a row
I Have no Complaints about this Property service ,cleaning food and barmaids bartenders etc
The best is Ophelia Thank you!! all you have to do is ask

I have had a few problems with my room but a polite call and within 20 minutes was fixed

Best place I have been and met so may friends all over North America in Dec there are about 20 to 30 of us show up Canada and USA

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank murraymatusky56
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear murraymatusky56,

Thank you from the entire Golden Crown Paradise Resort and myself for being our loyal guest for so many years! It gives us such joy to hear that you consider us your second home. Ophelia will be thrilled to hear you mentioned her great service.
I believe it is all those wonderful and heartening comments from our wonderful guests that allow us to maintain a constant quality service.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!

My warmest regards,
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Let me start by saying I have traveled to Mexico many, many times, and have stayed on both coasts at a variety of 3-5 star resorts. I am not a picky eater, and I like to drink. I was skeptical of the poor reviews of this place because I've stayed at other places with poor reviews and have been perfectly happy. This is, by far, the worst place I've ever stayed in MX. Nothing about this resort is above a 2 star, and most of it is 1 star at best. If that's not enough to make you look elsewhere, I will give specifics below:

The rooms/grounds are in such rough shape that they needed a renovation 20 years ago. Our power went out in our room if I used the blow dryer. Our room always smelled like a combination of sewer and an ashtray (due to the air vent letting in smoke from others balconies). Our toilet leaked so bad we had a lake on our bathroom floor. When we checked in we had zero towels in our room to wipe up the toilet water lake, and my husband almost slipped and fell. The faucet was broken so you could never turn it completely off. The bed was awful (rock hard) and the pillows were like lumpy blobs of clay.

The food. Let me preface this next section by saying my husband and I are thin/fit people, but we like to eat. The food at this resort ranges from inedible to satisfactory. The only buffet is in the family side of the resort. Did you even know there was a family/kids side to this resort? Me either, until we went to the buffet for breakfast. How about some screaming kids with your hangover? We only made that mistake once. I never ate lunch. Seriously 6 days straight of inedible lunches served. After one bite I couldn't attempt another. Imagine the poorest quality ingredients imaginable, and then they are served to you cold after a long wait. I am not a picky eater, but when everything tastes like it went bad 3 days ago you have to use some common sense. We did have a couple of good dinners, but compared to other resorts, the dinners were average at best. Pineapple is served unripe (white), the juice is watered down cool-aid sugar water, frozen pizza that's uncooked in the middle, hamburgers that are complete mystery meat, creme brulee was a bowl of bad pudding, I could go on and on.

The nightly shows are so, so bad. We'd go to them and kind of make fun of them for a little while, but then it just got sad. It's like they haven't updated the acts since 1981 - costumes, sets and all. The pool volleyball and other activities were fun, but the staff seems more competitive than the guests. Kind of weirdly so. And nothing ever starts on time. Ever.

The bartenders are awesome and they poor strong drinks!! Too bad it's with bottom of the barrel ingredients. I think I saw one bottle of Smirnoff the whole time we were there... That's the only bottle of booze I recognized. And the mixers were not good. More sugary cool-aid type substances, flat soda, and all served in the dirtiest plastic cups I've ever seen. I wouldn't have had one drink if we didn't bring our own mugs.

But by far, the worst thing about this resort is all the vendors who harass you non-stop on the beach. All this resort would have to do is pay one security guard to keep these people away from you. Even if there were staff nearby they didn't ask the vendors to leave. I was asleep on a daybed on the beach, and a boy from a marching band (I'm not kidding) came up to me and touched me to wake up so I would tip him (which I did not). Its awful for everyone involved. These people are just trying to make a living, but the harassment is nonstop, even if you've said no to them before.

For the most part the staff was very nice and friendly. Good service in the restaurants and bars. No complaints about PV... Great weather, fun nights downtown, and fun people. But I'll never return to this resort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Amy M
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Amy M,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to Crown Paradise Golden.
I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for having a plumbing issue during your stay - we check each room thoroughly prior to our guests arriving and should an issue occur during the stay we usually get it resolved as quickly as possible.

It is unfortunate you were unsatisfied with our food options and quality as this is one of our highlights as mentioned by the majority of our guests who post here on Tripadvisor. In reference to the buffet, we offer this as an added value to our adults only concept, providing our guests with an opportunity to enjoy our restaurants and services at our family friendly resort next door.

I’m really sorry for the unpleasant experience you had on the beach, even though I understand your frustration I must clarify that all beaches in Puerto Vallarta are public spaces, and vendors are allowed to walk freely and offer their goods.
I apologize that we did not meet your expectations as we would have loved for you to have experienced the vacation we are known in providing and the reason so many people return again and again.

I appreciate very much the time you have taken to review us on TripAdvisor and would like to invite you to try us again in the future, we would love to have the opportunity to change your mind and show you the true spirit of our hotel.
Please contact us directly if you would like to make vacation arrangements in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Wonderful place to go we had a wonderful time and the staff was great!! We will be back again! All staff from kitchen to wait staff and bartender knew us and our likings. We were a group of 8 people traveling together. King bed was hard but double bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: all rooms have ocean front room and views are beautiful!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear jenehrlich,

Thank you very much for sharing your review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you once again; please feel free to contact us prior to your arrival if we can assist you with anything to make your next stay a unique experience.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I was 20 when my mom and I came here for a bonding trip. I have health problems which make it difficult to walk around because I use crutches. I was very nervous about it but the staff and even a few guests were very helpful. I had been to Mexico a few times before and knew what to expect. We chose this hotel because of the size. I can't handle big, packed hotels. It was the perfect size.

Staff: very helpful and kind. Marlin from beach security helped me on the beach every day. All the staff were great but I do have my favorites for sure. Hopefully they're still there.

Food: do to experience in the past I tend to stay away from most meat except chicken. I tried some pork, it was tasty but extremely chewy. Beef was a bit dry. We didn't go to many of the restaurants. We went upstairs which had good food and the Mexican restaurant downstairs which I liked way more. All in all food was pretty good. I may as well add drinks in here. My mom loves margaritas. Unfortunately she couldn't stand the margaritas there. The limes weren't fresh or something. Turns out, thanks to the Golden Crown, my mom loves dirty monkeys so problem solved!

Service: it wasn't bad. Someone was always making sure we had what we needed. The rooms were cleaned late morning but honestly who cares? You're supposed to be on vacation not stuck in your room. I don't drink but only two waiters would bring me coke without rum. Not a big problem though.

Rooms: the room was small but there was enough room to walk around in. My favorite part of the room was the giant bathroom. Awesome tub! We didn't spend much time in our room so there's not much to say. Of course when we left the sliding door open we'd get some sand in our room, that's to be expected. The key to our security box didn't work but it wasn't difficult to take our valuables with us.

Shopping: bought some stuff on the beach. Knowing the area we were in we were prepared for the stuff to be a bit expensive. If prices bother you I suggest you go to Old Town to shop. More selection for a cheaper price.

Problems: not many issues for us. I listed a few above. Also $16 for Internet is crazy. We didn't pay for that. Not having wifi actually worked out for us well. There were no problems that made us upset or that there wasn't some sort of solution to. Our key kept breaking down on us but it ended up being our fault, we bought a magnet for my daughter and left it in the bag with our key.

I enjoyed my stay and plan on going to the sister hotel with my daughter this year. I plan on walking over to see if my favorite waiter is still there. I hope so.

OH if anyone can't find the switch to the fan pull the bedside table out a bit, it should be there.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Danelle M
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hola Danielle M,

Thank you for this positive feedback on your visit to Golden Crown Paradise Resort. Nothing can make us happier than knowing we were able to honor our promise of being an intimate, friendly and welcoming place in Puerto Vallarta! We are so glad that you were pleased with your choice and that you had a great time staying with us.
I really enjoyed reading about your experience and things that made your stay enjoyable. Staff members are happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the excellent service you received during your stay. The team are all very passionate about providing great customer care and it is always encouraging when these efforts are noticed.

We are so excited to know that we will welcome you again in the near future at Crown Paradise Club with your daughter, and we appreciate your loyalty so much! Please contact us directly if you need further information or assistance with your pre-arrival arrangements.

Saludos from Puerto Vallarta,
Rineyville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this location from Dec 28, 2013 thru Jan 5, 2014. When we arrived, we were placed into a room with two double beds and our reservation of Deluxe Ocean Front with jacuzzi either in the room or on the balcony wasn't true. They moved us two days later to a room with a king bed but no jacuzzi. They said it was our travel agent that made the mistake and not them and refused doing anything more than moving us. We decided we would make the best of it. The hotel is in need of a make over and more than just painting, seems they were constantly painting things including the exterior walls while it was raining. Our second room had a toilet that the water kept coming out of the bottom, took two days to correct. The showers have little pressure and the water smells of sulfur. The room was just dirty. You had to wear socks to avoid the crud feeling on your feet and your white socks would be stained after. Also, upon check-in, be prepared to sign a bunch of possible fees. For example, $60 for the remote control if not returned, $20 for each towel card if not returned, $20 for each room key if not returned, $10 if you lose the bracelet they put on you for food and drinks and they have to give you another, etc etc. Also, they allow two bottles of water in your room each day. If you want more, you pay for it. The food was very subpar, terrible actually. We tried the room service, it's slow and the food is cold and taste if bland. We tried the buffet breakfast, lunch and we also made reservations and tried the food in their fancy restaurant (only the look is fancy). All the food was pre-prepared so it was cold. Nothing was fresh and the portions are VERY small when you go to the restaurants. Also, you must make reservations each day for dinner or you have to order room service. We decided to eat good food and went to Bubba Gump Shrimp and Outback Steakhouse. The food at these two locations was excellent! Drinks are good here. The tiki hut bar on the beach is the best place but all the locations to get alcohol near the hotel close at 11 (even room service won't deliver) and you have to go to the "Club Nitro" if you want to have a drink after 11. We were in the back part of the hotel, right above the Tiki Bar and the farthest away from the Club and you could still clearly hear the banging of the bass in the club while on the balcony or in the room. Also, in the pool when they had scuba lessons, the kids from the family portion came over to partake in this so it's not just an "adults only" location. The pool was very nice and the one lady walking around serving everyone was great although most people would go to the pool bar to get their own. Overall, I was very displeased with the hotel. It is in great need of repair and nothing was ever clean. Also there were a few days it rained while we were here, so most of the first floor and the open air walkways were flooded. The areas containing decorative rock accumulated 8 inches of water in them. I imagine some of the first floor residents had some water damage. We were fortunate in being on the 5th floor. The are surrounding this resort is also very run down. There are cobblestone streets so the taxis are very rough and vibrate the car greatly. There was a gentleman on the beach trying to peddle "ganja" to my husband. There are a ton of time share salesman trying to get your to purchase and they harass you. Having the bracelet on identifying you as a guest at the Golden Crown Paradise is an indicator for them and makes you a target. They will tell you they work with Golden Crown or are a sister company with them, etc etc, beware and say no. It's not worth it. One night we figured we would order pizza and have it delivered, you can't dial out without paying for a minute package on your phone, not even local calls. So I called from my cell phone, they don't allow pizza deliveries to this location. I couldn't believe it! Also, the WiFi is NOT free, you have to pay and they have packages for by the hour, day, week, etc but if you go to Bubba Gump Shrimp, they have free WiFi as so does some of the other nicer establishments. Also if you are going to get a taxi, obtain change at the front desk as the drivers do not have much change and that's a way to turn a $5 cab ride into a $20 cab ride if you don't have change. I was just extremely disappointed in staying at this location. It's more of a spring break party location than a nice romantic place to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: Be sure you get a Deluxe Ocean Front room if you do stay, at least then you will have a nice view of...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Callie G
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Callie G,

We would like to thank you for posting your review. We are really sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel, and were not pleased with our facilities and location.
I do feel I must add that Golden Crown Paradise is located on one of the best beaches in Puerto Vallarta, with the most beautiful view of Banderas Bay.

It is unfortunate you were unsatisfied with our food options and quality as this is one of our highlights, as mentioned by the majority of our guests who post here on Tripadvisor.

I understand that you were unsatisfied, but should you consider to give us another chance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to make sure you have a memorable stay.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

!st and last time at the GCP, alot smaller then we are use too. We went in low season end of Oct, cant imaging if it was crowed. Staff was courtesy and friendly, did there best to keep up. Only had 2 bars. during the weekend locals came in and the bars got quite backed up.Rooms where clean but very dated. Construction going on next door, and constantly being accosted by venders who hang around beach,pool area. Food was very good and a la carets great because they had time to cater to you. This would be different in high season.All in all very average payed to much for what we got.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank George M
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear George M,

We appreciate your taking the time in posting the feedback on your visit to GCP.

We’re sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations, and that even though you were pleased with our friendly service and food selection, you feel you didn’t make a good choice.

As you have mentioned, our hotel is not big, but laid out on the beautiful beach; also as an adults- only property we strive to create more intimate and cozy atmosphere, and make our guests feel at home away from home.

Once again thank you very much for sharing, we hope you change your mind and give us another try.

Warm regards,