My cousin and I. Spent a week here in July of 2013. Our room was on the 7th floor and was more than adequate. Like everyone says you only get two bottles of water a day, but we stashed some on excursion days and we had plenty. Free room safe worked great. Wi-if at the resort is a joke, but the little bakery out the front of the resort to the right was free with a $5 purchase. We had a nice view of the beach and ocean. I wish we would have paid for beach front.
The pool is overall small and warm. We enjoyed the little time we were in there though. Side chairs poolside were easy to obtain. There was limited poolside bar service. The vendors were persistent, but not as bad as we heard it would be. We actually got a zip line tour for $40 each (10 lines).......first timers and way cool.
Bar service was great. Anything we asked for specifically we got. Pool table right by the main bar closest to the lobby. We had a blast playing, but the table is not level and people laugh at you. I will be honest and say that it bothered me at times, but there were many gay couples here. We met several of them and enjoyed talking, but the overly affectionate people (gay or otherwise) is something I do not like to watch. Bar tenders said that the gay scene was abnormally high during our stay. It wasn't bad, just new for me after being in PV so many times.
As far as the food, I liked all meals but one and that was the breakfast at the sister resort. Every place has a menu. If you don't like what's on the menu, especially at breakfast, ask for it. Bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns aren't on the menu, but if you ask for it you will get it. The lunch pork tacos are amazing.
With that said we met so many great people on the trip. That is what made the trip for us. The adult only aspect was my first and I will look for it in the future. Club Nitro across the street was very lame in our opinion. Visit the Marina for souvenirs (4 t-shirts for $20). Cruise ships aren't being let in until October I believe, which means great prices. Wal-Mart is a short walk across the street for essentials. When you pay in dollars you get pesos in exchange, but the plus is that it's at the bank rate (highest exchange possible at that exact moment). We would return.
We walked to the Malecon, but its a heck of a walk and only costs 70 pesos each way. It was a good did it once and probably never again adventure.
If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them. Hey, have a great vacation no matter where you go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort